Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
For the true devotee
Are you known as the "audio geek" among your friends and family? Have you ever jumped to your favorite action scene on a movie disc and cranked it up to floor-shaking volumes on your home theater system just because it sounds awesome? With solid, plentiful amplification and advanced processing to deliver outstanding surround sound and video performance, the SR5006 may be exactly the receiver you've been waiting for. You get a huge digital entertainment palette to choose from, too, thanks to built-in Apple AirPlay for easy access to your iTunes® library, plus a gateway to Internet radio and more. And adding a Blu-ray player to your system will get you more than the best picture available. Robust new sound formats mean you will have the best audio fidelity, too.
Unleash your iTunes® music with AirPlay®
Apple's exciting AirPlay technology lets you access your favorite music from your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or your iTunes library on your computer using this Marantz receiver. You'll be able to control iTunes and see music information, including your album art, track titles, and artist info on your compatible Apple device, or on your TV. Requires a wireless home network. Receiver requires wired connection to the router.
iPod remote control made simple
Of course you can connect your iPod easily to the front-panel USB port and enjoy your music, delighted by the great sound using the receiver's digital-to-analog converters instead of the iPod's. But with a free app download your iPod becomes a convenient Wi-Fi® system remote. This intuitive app is unimpeded by the obstacles that block line-of-site for infrared, so you can be in the bedroom and turn up the sound in the living room without touching the receiver.
More music to love
With the rear Ethernet input you can open the gateway to music and pictures from your home network. Let's not forget all the great music streaming options that will line up at your fingertips, including thousands of Internet radio stations from around the globe, plus PANDORA® Internet radio a service which samples your music tastes and makes a personalized channel for you.
Setup and control easy as pie
The Marantz SR5006 uses the supplied microphone to analyze sound from up to eight different listening positions, then automatically adjusts level, equalization, and delay settings for each of your speakers. The result is accurate response across a wide listening area instead of just a single "sweet spot," so everyone in the room can enjoy precisely balanced home theater sound. Watch a video on how Audyssey MultiEQ® XT, improves sound in your room.
Power and processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES, Pro Logic® IIx, Pro Logic® IIz, SRS Circle Surround II, and DTS Neo:6 decoding
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® XT eight-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- M-DAX (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound with compressed music sources
- multi-room/multi-source audio
- powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (using powered 2nd room stereo output allows 5.1 home theater in main room)
Digital Music Options:
- listen to music from iPod®, iPhone®, or other portable music player through the front-panel USB input
- DLNA certified to ensure optimal compatibility with other network-enabled equipment
- Internet streaming capabilities for Internet radio, PANDORA® Internet radio, Rhapsody® and more (may require registration and subscription fees)
Audio Performance Features:
- high-current amplifier design
- Pure Direct mode switches off all unused circuitry for the cleanest possible sound
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
- 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- HDCD decoder for compatible CDs
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (6 in, 1 out)
- analog-to-HDMI video upconversion (up to 1080p)
- HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, SACD, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- 6 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input with composite video
- 5 rear-panel inputs with composite video
- 2 audio-only inputs
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 2.2-channel analog audio preamp outputs, including:
- front left and right speakers
- dual line-level output for powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from compatible iPods, USB flash drives, hard disk drives, and portable MP3 music players
- RS-232C port for automated control systems
- detachable power cord
- direct IR flasher input
- 2 sets of main speaker outputs
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your iPod touch®, iPhone® or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- on-screen display for easier system setup and operation
- graphic user interface via HDMI
- first-time setup wizard
- multibrand LCD remote
- 17-5/16"W x 6-3/8"H x 16-1/4"D
- weight: 25.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
Marantz SR5006 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Impressed by the sound
I brought this to replace an onkyo 607 which i now using in my bedroom! But back to the SR 5006 easy setup sounded great with my klipsch Rb 61, Rc 52, Sw112, and Klipsch rears!
Pros: Everything im 100% happy
Cons: there isnt a con but now wireless usb hook up
What's in the box?
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Learning remote control (RC014SR)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Audyssey microphone (ACM1H) with attached 24' cord terminated by a male 3.5mm minijack connector
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- CD-ROM Owner's Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- "Getting Started" booklet (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- USA Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
Features and Specs
Fully Discrete 7-Channel Amplifier: The Marantz SR5006 AV Surround Receiver is equipped with a power amplifier that plays back high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The receiver's power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound playback. The Marantz AV Surround Receiver's 7-channel amplifier is rated at 100 watts (into 8-ohms, at 20Hz-20kHz, with 0.08% THD, driving 2 channels).
Amp Assignment: The seven amplifier channels built into the receiver are typically used for 7.2 channel surround in the main room, but there are various amplifier configurations to accommodate your home theater setup:
- Normal: The SR5006 is designed to be used as a 7.2ch surround sound receiver with front left/right, center-channel, surround left/right, and surround back left/right channels along with dual preamp subwoofer outputs.
- Bi-Amp: You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). Your main zone will be limited to 5.2ch.
- Zone2: The surround back channel amplifier can also be assigned to power stereo speakers in Zone2. Your main zone will be limited to 5.2ch.
- Front Height: To enjoy Dolby Pro Logic IIz you can reassign the power amp from the two surround back channels to the two front height channels for better front effects. You will loose your surround back channels.
Isolated Audio Circuit Board: The carefully-optimized audio signal path rests on a separate circuit board for maximum performance, as well as isolation from interferences generated by high speed video processing.
24-Bit, 192 kHz D/A Converters: The SR5006 uses 24-bit/192-kHz Digital-to-Analog converters for all channels. The 192kHz sampling and 24-bit word length capabilities of the DACs allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz SR5006 is equipped with a high-resolution SHARC 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder. The SR5006 is equipped with various surround modes to reproduce a variety of surround sound effects, according to the content of the source to be played. The receiver features Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD decoding; as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic II (x/z) audio processing.
|Audio Format||Description||# of Channels||Connection Type|
|Stereo||2-Channel Stereo||Stereo listening with tonal adjustment.||2.0/2.1ch||Analog, HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|Multi-Channel Stereo||Stereo sound from all connected speakers.||5.1-7.1ch|
|Virtual Speaker||Delivers simulated surround sound from two stereo speakers.||2.0/2.1ch|
|Dolby Pro Logic II||Dolby Pro Logic II||Matrix decoding technology developed by Dolby Laboratories (select Movie, Music, or Game mode).||5.1ch||Analog, HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|Dolby Pro Logic IIx||Further improved version of Dolby Pr Logic II with two additional rear-channels (select Movie, Music, or Game mode).||6.1/7.1ch|
|Dolby Pro Logic IIz||The addition of front-height speakers provide enhanced spaciousness, depth, and dimensions to stereo, 5.1, or 7.1-channel content.||7.1ch|
|Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital is a multi-channel digital signal format developed by Dolby Laboratories.||5.1ch||HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|Dolby Digital EX||Dolby Digital Surround EX is a multi-channel digital signal format developed by Dolby Laboratories & Lucas Film.||6.1ch|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital Plus is an improved Dolby Digital signal format with discrete digital sound and improved sound quality.||7.1ch|
|Dolby TrueHD||Dolby TrueHD is a high-definition audio format using lossless coding technology to faithfully reproduce the sound of the studio master.||7.1ch||HDMI|
|DTS||DTS||Digital Theater System with accurate sound field position and realistic sound effects.||5.1ch||HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|DTS-ES||Discrete or Matrixed digital audio format adding a surround back channel to DTS.||6.1ch|
|DTS 96/24||DTS 96/24 is a digital audio format enabling high sound quality playback with a sampling frequency of 96 kHz and 24 bit quantization of DVD-video||5.1ch|
|DTS Express||DTS audio format supporting low-bit rates (max. 5.1 channels, 24-256 kbps)||5.1ch|
|DTS-HD||DTS-HD provides high sound quality and enhanced functionality than conventional DTS; supports multi-channel, high data transfer speed, high sampling frequency, and lossless audio playback (choose from High Resolution Audio or Master Audio).||7.1ch||HDMI|
|DTS NEO:6||Matrix decoding technology for achieving 6.1-channel surround playback from 2-channel sources (select either Cinema or Music).||5.1-7.1ch||Analog, HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|PCM||Multi-Channel PCM||Used with PCM multichannel sources up to 7.1 channels.||5.1-7.1ch||HDMI|
|Direct Mode||Source Direct||High-quality sound playback without passing through the sound quality adjustment circuits.||2.0-7.1ch||Analog, HDMI, Coaxial, & Optical|
|Pure Direct||Playback audio tracks at the closest to the original sound quality.||2.0-7.1ch|
Note: Pro Logic IIz requires additional front height speakers and the assignment of the receiver's Surround Back channels switched to Front Height, or the connection to a separate amplifier using the receiver's Front Height preamp outputs.
Dolby Headphone Mode: You can also enjoy listening to multi-channel surround sound through headphones using these Dolby HP modes.
|Dolby Headphone Mode||Description|
|Dolby Headphone||Surround sound is played through headphones|
|Dolby HP PLII (Movie/Music)||Suited for movie or music sources|
|Dolby HP Bypass (Stereo)||Stereo sound is played through headphones|
Audyssey MultEQ-XT Automated Setup: This Audyssey MultEQ-XT technology adapted by this receiver provides the best listening environment for multiple listeners. The Auto MultEQ Setup feature of the SR5006 measures sound characteristics of your speaker system and room where the receiver is used and automatically optimizes settings. To do this, the Auto Setup feature measures a test tone emitted by each channel in a maximum of 8 listening positions, using the supplied microphone. The measurement results are analyzed using an original algorithm and environmental settings are made to improve the sound characteristics of your listening area.
Note: If you prefer, you can manually setup up your speaker configurations. You can select the size and presence of each speaker, the distance of each speaker from your normal listening position, the level of each speaker in your system, and the crossover frequency setting for each speaker.
Audyssey Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ solves the problem of deteriorating sound quality as volume is decreased by taking into account human perception and room acoustics. Audyssey Dynamic EQ works in tandem with Audyssey MultEQ to provide well-balanced sound for every listener at any volume level.
Reference Level Offset: Audyssey Dynamic EQ is referenced to the standard film mix level of 85dB SPL for -20 dBFS. Due, to the lack of standard outside the film industry, the film reference level may not be appropriate when listening to other material. Audyssey Dynamic EQ Adjust provides four offsets from the film level reference (0dB, 5dB, 10dB, or 15dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume solves the problem of large variations in volume level between television programs, commercials, and between the soft and loud passages of movies. Audyssey Dynamic EQ is integrated into Dynamic Volume so that as the playback volume is adjusted automatically, the perceived bass response, tonal balance, surround impression, and dialogue clarity remain the same. The amount of compression can be set to an of the following three levels - Light, Medium, or High.
Acoustic EQ: The A/V receiver features 5 Acoustic Equalizer modes to choose from.
- Audyssey: This mode adjust the frequency characteristics of all speakers so as to create the best listening environment for the sound characteristics of your listening area.
- Audyssey Bypass L/R: Optimizes frequency response of speakers, except front (left & right) speakers.
- Audyssey Flat: This mode flattens the frequency characteristics of all speakers. It is suited for playback of multi-channel music such as Dolby Digital and DTS.
- Manual: This mode independently adjusts the receiver's 9-band graphic equalizer (63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz) for each of the 7 channels.
- Off: The graphic equalizer is not use.
HT-EQ: The tonal balance of a film soundtrack will be excessively bright and harsh when played back over audio equipment in the home. This is because film soundtracks were designed to be played back in large movie theater environments. Activating the receiver's HT-EQ feature when watching a film made from movie theaters corrects this and restores the correct tonal balance.
Surround Parameters: You adjust surround sound parameters to customize your audio listening experience.
- Center Image: You can also adjust the Center Gain to expand the sound image from the center channel in DTS NEO: 6 mode.
- Center Width: The Center Width feature allows you to gradually spread the center channel sound into the front left and right speakers in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Dimension: This feature adjusts the sound-field either towards the front or towards the rear of your system. This can be useful to help achieve a more suitable balance from all the speaker with certain recordings in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Panorama: Panorama wraps the sound of the front left and right speakers around you, for an exciting perspective in Pro Logic IIx mode.
- Height Gain: This feature controls the front height channel volume in Pro Logic IIz mode.
- LFE Level: This function selects the output level of the LFE signal included in the Dolby Digital signal or the DTS signal. You can select from 0 to -10 dB.
Tone Control: You can adjust the tonal quality of the sound by adjusting the receiver's bass and treble independently from -6 to +6 dB.
M-DAX: This function makes up for lost audio content in MP3, WMA, or AAC sources during playback. It can be set to High or Low.
DRC (Dynamic Range Compression): This features compresses the AV receiver's dynamic range (difference between loud and soft sounds).
Source Level: This function corrects the playback level (+/-12db) of the selected input source's audio input. Make this setting if there are differences in the input volume levels between the different sources.
Volume Settings: You can adjust the unit's maximum volume, power on level, and mute level.
- Volume Limit: Set the receiver's maximum volume level to -20dB, -10dB, 0dB, or None.
- Power On Level: Define the volume setting (-80 to +18dB, Last) that is active when the power is turned on.
- Mute Level: Set the amount of attenuation (Full, -40dB, or -20dB) when muting is activated.
Note: You can also adjust the receiver's Zone 2 Volume Level and Volume Limit.
Preamp Outputs: The Marantz SR5006 A/V receiver features dual subwoofer, front height speaker, and Zone preamp outputs.
- Dual Subwoofers: An additional subwoofer output proves especially useful in large room settings where one subwoofer may not provide adequate low-frequency output.
- Front Height Speakers: The AV receiver is equipped with a pair of Front Height Pre-Outs, so you can connect a secondary amplifier to power a pair of Front-Height for listening to Dolby Pro Logic IIz.
- Zone 2: Stereo preamp outputs to connect a second amplifier in another room of your home for Dual Zone audio playback.
Bi-Amp Connection: A bi-amp connection is possible with speakers that have two set of inputs by combining the Front A and Surround Back speaker connections. This allows you to drive the treble and bass units with separate channels amps, which enable better sound quality. The surround back channels of the amplifier will need to be turned off to bi-amp your front speakers. This configuration will limit your Home Theater to 5.2- channel.
Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding post speaker terminals for all channels (Front A, Front B, Center, Surround, and Surround Back/Amp Assign). The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. The collar surrounding the binding post terminals prevent the use of spade connectors.
Note: The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 6 to 16-ohm.
Digital Inputs: There are 2 coaxial digital inputs and 2 optical digital inputs. The inputs accept digital audio signals from a compact disc, DVD, Blu-ray, or other digital source component.
7.1 Channel Input: The SR5006 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
Headphone Output: The receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.
8 HD Inputs: The Marantz SR5006 is equipped with eight HD inputs. Six HDMI (ver.1.4a) inputs (up to 1080/24p capable) let you connect a high-definition satellite receiver, Blu-ray Disc player, and game system for high definition video and audio. Two component inputs (1080/60i capable) provide added HD-capable connectivity and versatility.
- HDMI (ver.1.4a): The receiver is equipped with six HDMI (ver.1.4) inputs for connecting HDMI-equipped audio/video components. All six HDMI inputs are capable of carrying uncompressed digital audio and video up to 1080p. There is also an HDMI (v.1.4) output which supports the ARC function that feeds audio/video signals to an HDTV. All HDMI (v.1.4) connections support 24p playback, x.v. color, deep color, and 3D video.
- Component Video (Y, Cb, Cr: This unit features two component video inputs and a component video monitor output. These jacks feature an 60 MHz bandwidth, making them capable of passing high-definition video signals. The component video inputs and output will support 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video signals.
HDMI Upscaling: The Marantz AV receiver features a high-precision video scaler. The SR5006 can take an analog video input (composite or component) and up-convert it to HDMI so the video signal can be passed through the receiver's HDMI terminal to your television via a single HDMI cable up to 1080p. The Marantz SR5006 will also upscale incoming lower resolution (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i) HDMI video signals to 1080p through the receiver' HDMI monitor output. The receiver's HDMI inputs and monitor output will support 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals.
1080/24p: When connected to a 1080/24p Blu-ray player and flat-panel HDTV, you can enjoy remarkable video performance of Blu-ray which brings out the full character of film material.
3D-Ready: This AV receiver supports input and output of 3D (three-dimensional) video signals through its HDMI (v1.4a) connections.
Note: 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be required.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
HDMI Standby Pass Through: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through feature allows you to choose which HDMI input remains accessible when the receiver is powered off, so you can view back an HDMI source on your TV even when the receiver is in standby mode. You can select between HDMI 1 through HDMI6, or the Last HDMI input you were viewing when you turned the receiver off.
x.v.Color: The AV receiver supports x.v.Color, offering a wider color range than the current broadcast standard. For the x.v.Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Deep Color: The Sony receiver also supports Deep Color which allows the color depth of video signals passing through HDMI to be raised. The number of colors that could be expressed by 1 pixel was 24 bits (16,777,216 colors) with a standard HDMI jack. However, the number of colors which can be expressed by 1 pixel is 36 bits with a Deep Color enabled HDMI jack. Since the gradation of the depth of a color can be expressed more finely with more bits, continuous color changes can be more smoothly expressed. For the Deep Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Auto Lipsync Correction: Video signals may take longer to process than audio signals depending on the connected video equipment. When the unit is connected to a TV or Projector which supports Auto Lipsync Correction, audio and video can be automatically synchronized using this function. The Lipsync feature can also me set manually from 0 to 200 ms (in 10 ms steps).
Video Select Function: You can switch the video input source on the receiver while listening to a different audio signal.
Front-Panel A/V Input: The receiver features a front-panel AV input which consists of a composite video and stereo RCA connections.
Network Connection: You can connect the SR5006's RJ-45 (LAN) Ethernet port to your home's network and playback music & photo files that are stored on your computer. You can also listen to internet radio through the receiver's network connection.
Note: This unit's RJ-45 Ethernet port supports 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX and requires an Ethernet (LAN) category 5 or higher cable, Router, Modem, and Internet connection.
DLNA Certified: The SR5006's Ethernet connection is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 certified and Windows 7 compliant. This means it's easier for you access and enjoy digital music stored on your PC through your home audio system. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the SR5006's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive.
Media Player: The Marantz SR5006 lets you play music & still-image (JPEG) files stored on your computer via a network connection. MP3, WMA, AAC , WAV, and FLAC audio files stored on your computer can be played through the AVR-2112CI via its wired network connection. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the A/V receiver's remote control. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information - so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Marantz SR5006 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Compatible Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96 kHz||16/20/24-bit||.flac|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11)
Internet Radio: The Marantz SR5006 lets you access Internet Radio stations from around the world. Internet Radio stations in MP3 and WMA format are supported. You can choose from thousands of Internet Radio stations and sort them by genre and region. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations. Your favorite Internet Radio stations are displayed at the top of the menu screen on your connected TV. You can listen to your favorite music through the following Internet Radio services - Napster, Pandora, Rhapsody, and vTuner.
- Napster: The monthly music subscription service Napster is accessible. You can search for particular tracks on Napster and register your favorite tracks to the "My Napster Library".
- Pandora: Once the receiver is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 original radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is another paid music broadcast service accessible through the receiver. You can search for particular tracks on Rhapsody and register your favorite tracks to "My Library". You can also search for similar music to the music you are currently listening to.
- vTuner: The SR5006 supports the online vTuner service which offers easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites.
Photo Sharing: The Marantz SR5006 lets you share your photos with Flickr. Flickr is an on-line photo sharing service; you can create an account, upload your photos, and access them using the SR5006. You can also view photos made public by other users.
Party Mode Function: The same network audio (Internet radio, Media Player, or iPod/iPhone) can be played on multiple Marantz products equipped with the Party Mode function and connected to the same home network. The party mode consists of one organizer and up to four attendees. When one unit starts the party mode as the organizer, up to four devices on which the party mode function is activated automatically participate in the party as attendees.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server.
USB Port: The Marantz SR5006 is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for easy, direct connection of a USB mass storage class (MSC) device. The front-panel USB port supports playback of music and photo (JPEG) files. The USB memory device must be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. When a USB device is connected, playback will start automatically. You can control basic operations (Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Repeat, and Random) of your connected USB device. The unit also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and WMA META tag information so title, artist and album names can be displayed. The Marantz SR5006 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its USB port.
|Compatible Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96 kHz||16/20/24-bit||.flac|
Note: Copyright-protected file cannot be played. USB memory devices will not work via a USB hub. It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the unit's USB port using a USB cable.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The unit's front-panel USB (type-A) port can also be used to directly connect your Apple iPod or iPhone. The Marantz SR5006 supports direct USB connection, audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhones. The Marantz SR5006 offers the following iPod/iPhone functions.
- USB Direct Connection: The USB connection features digital audio signal handling, which routes the digital signal to the SR5006's 24 bit/192 kHz audiophile quality D/A converters for optimum fidelity (100dB S/N-ratio).
- Audio Playback: You can listen to music files from your iPod/iPhone by simply connecting the iPod/iPhone to the SR5006's front-panel USB port using the USB/Dock cable that came with your Apple iPod/iPhone.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to operate your connected iPod/iPhone from the SR5006's front-panel controls and remote control, or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The Marantz SR5006 lets you browse by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. It also offers Play/Pause, Stop, Skip/Back, Repeat, and Random functions.
- Music Information Display: The Marantz AV receiver will display Track #, Elapsed playing time; as well as Song, Artist, and Album name on the unit's display or your connected TV (via HDMI). The receiver can also display Album Art on your connected television. You can also choose to view the music information on your iPod or iPhone.
- Charging: The SR5006 will charge your connected iPod or iPhone when the AV receiver is powered up.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Marantz SR5006 is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following specific iPod/iPhone models (as of 1/12/2012).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the receiver and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream your favorite songs directly from your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad, or from your iTunes library on your PC or Mac to the Marantz SR5006. Using the free Remote App from iTunes on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad and your wireless home network, you don't even need to be in the same room as the components or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. You will even see the iTunes music information, including your track titles and artist info on your Apple compatible device or the Marantz AV receiver.
Note: To use the AirPlay feature you need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.1 or later) connected to your wireless home network. Your iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen), iPhone (3GS/4/4S), and iPad must have iOS 4.2 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network.
Dual Zone: The SR5006's Dual Zone system allows the same audio source or different audio sources to be heard in other rooms other than where the receiver is installed. The Marantz AV receiver features a Main Audio/Video Zone (Main) and a second analog Audio Only Zone (Zone 2). The Main Zone contains 7.2-channel playback of your audio/video gear in your main entertainment room. The Audio Only Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another audio source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio output connections to a separate amplifier. The SR5006 AV receiver's Surround Back Speaker outputs can be assigned to Zone 2, so you can power a set of speakers in another room of your home without the use of a separate amplifier. You must turn off the Surround Back channels of the amplifier when using the receiver's multi-room speaker outputs, which will limit you to 5.2 channels in your main room.
Compatible Zone Sources: Only tuner, analog, USB, and Network sources can be played in Zone 2. You must currently be listening to a USB device or Network audio source in the Main Zone to initially select USB or Network as a source in Zone 2. Then you can switch the Main Zone to any source you desire. You cannot select different AM/FM radio stations or different Network content for different zones.
Note: To hear Airplay in Zone 2, the Main Zone must also be playing Airplay. You can have other sources playing in Zone 2 when the main zone is using Airplay.
Incompatible Zone Sources: It is not possible to play the digital audio signals from the HDMI, Coaxial, or Optical terminals in Zone 2. Video cannot be sent to Zone 2.
AM/FM Tuner: The Marantz SR5006 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
56 Station Presets: You can store up to 56 radio stations presets (8 stations each in 7 separate banks) and name each preset with an 8 character ID.
Direct tuning: You can also directly tune in a radio station from the receiver's remote control, by entering in the station's frequency number.
Front Panel Design: The receiver's front panel features a combination of aluminum extrusion and glass-reinforced resin which shields internal circuitry and absorbs internal and external resonances. The front panel is clean, precise, and inviting. Volume and input selection knobs flank a round volume/source display ("porthole display"), while the simple buttons create a clean and uncluttered appearance.
On-Screen GUI: The receiver incorporates an on-screen GUI (Graphic User Interface) menu system which makes various operations and menu selections visible on your connected television set. To view the on-screen GUI, you will need to connect the receiver to your television via HDMI.
Setup Wizard: The Marantz SR5006 features an on-screen Setup Wizard that provides easy-to-follow setup instructions.
Front Panel Lock: You can lock all the controls on the front panel of the unit, accept for the Power button, to prevent anyone else from changing the settings on your receiver.
Setup Lock: This feature protects your AV receiver's settings from inadvertently being changed.
Input Name: The names of the receiver input functions can be changed as desired. The maximum number of characters that can be registered for the names is 8, including spaces. The function names that you register will appear on the unit's display.
Source Delete: If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources.
Sleep Timer: The receiver offers a Sleep Timer which will automatically turn the unit off after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, or 120 minutes.
Screen Saver: The Screen Saver function is activated during menu display, NET/USB, iPod, or Tuner screen display - if not operation is performed for an approximately 5-minute continuous period.
Personal Memory Plus: For each input, the receiver automatically memorizes the settings for input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, MultEQ XT, Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume, audio delay, etc. When the input source is switched, the settings last used for that source are automatically recalled. The surround parameters, tone control settings, and playback levels for the different output channels are memorized for each surround mode.
Learning Remote: The provided IR wireless remote control is a universal learning remote control. This remote is preset with remote codes for Marantz AV components. The remote also contains codes for other manufactures which can be programmed. In addition, the remote control is capable of learning and storing codes used by other remote controls. The remote control's buttons glow in the dark.
HDMI Control: When you make an HDMI connection between the Marantz AV Receiver and a HDMI control-function compatible TV or Blu-ray/DVD player, you can perform the following operations.
- The AV receiver can be turned off with the TV's remote.
- You can switch audio output devices from the TV remote.
- You can adjust the AV receiver's volume with the TV remote.
- You can switch the AV receiver's input sources through the TV remote.
- When playing a Blu-ray/DVD player, the AV receiver automatically switches to the input source of the player.
"Wizz App" Control: The Marantz SR5006 is compatible with "Wizz App" for performing basic operations of the receiver with an iPhone or iPod touch. "Wizz App" is free application software from iTunes that allows you to perform basic operations with an iPhone or iPod touch, such as turning the receiver On/Off, controlling the volume, and switching the source.
Note: Download the free "Wizz App" from the iTunes App Store to your compatible iPhone (2G/3G/3GS/4) or iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen) with iOS 4.2 or later. The receiver needs to be connected to your home network and your iPhone/iPod touch needs to be connected to the same network via Wi-Fi.
Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR5006 from each of its zones from an external key-pad (sold separately)
Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR5006 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
Bluetooth Ready: Through its proprietary M-Xport, the SR5006 offers Bluetooth capability. Simply add the optional RX101 Bluetooth adaptor (642RX101, sold separately) to the SR5006 and you can play the music stored on any Bluetooth-enabled portable device (your iPhone, iPod Touch, or PDA for example) through your home theater system. The optional RX101 doubles as an IR (infrared) receiver so you can place all your components out of sight and still maintain full remote control.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.