Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The SR6003 combines Marantz's legendary audio expertise with advanced processing to deliver state-of-the-art home theater performance. You'll enjoy enveloping, 360° surround sound with all of your movies, music, TV shows, and video games. And you get decoding for the latest surround formats, including Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio two high-resolution formats found on many Blu-ray players and discs.
Three HDMI inputs plus 1080p video upconversion
The SR6003's 1080p-compatible HDMI inputs let you hook up three high-definition sources for easy switching. Two HDMI outputs mean you can route high-def video signals to both an HDTV and a home theater projector. Plus, analog-to-HDMI video upconversion allows you to pass the video signals from all your components to your TV via a single-cable digital connection even older, non-HD sources. This simplifies hookup and ensures the best picture quality possible for every source in your system.
Precision auto setup tailors sound to your room
Marantz also includes Audyssey MultEQ®, a sophisticated auto-calibration system that helps you get the most accurate home theater sound possible. The SR6003 uses the supplied microphone to analyze sound from up to six different listening positions, then automatically adjusts level, equalization, and delay settings for each of your speakers. The result is accurate response across a wide listening area instead of just a single "sweet spot," so everyone in the room can enjoy precisely balanced home theater sound.
Multi-room music and more
This receiver's flexible multi-room/multi-source output lets you enjoy a surround sound movie in your main room while a housemate listens to stereo music in a second room. You can even send audio from a digital source to a third room via an optical digital output, for playback on another home theater receiver. Add an XM Mini-Tuner package to enjoy satellite radio, including XM's HD surround music channels. Or connect an optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit to enjoy SIRIUS satellite programming. You can also get your iPod® into the mix by adding Marantz's handy control dock.
- 100 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES, Pro Logic® IIx, SRS Circle Surround II, and DTS Neo:6 decoding
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- XM Satellite Radio Ready with decoding for XM's HD Surround channels (requires XM subscription and optional XM Mini-Tuner package)
- Neural THX Surround decoder for XM's HD Surround channels
- SIRIUS satellite radio capable (requires SIRIUS subscription and optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit)
- iPod® integration (requires optional Marantz iPod dock)
- M-DAX (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound with compressed music sources
- multi-room/multi-source audio
- powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (using powered 2nd room stereo output allows 5.1 home theater in main room)
- digital audio output for 3rd room via optical digital out (available only with audio sources input through an optical digital connection to receiver)
- Pure Direct mode switches off all unused circuitry for the cleanest possible sound
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
- 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- HDCD decoder for compatible CDs
- Dolby® Headphone listening mode
- on-screen display with graphical user interface for easier system setup and operation
- backlit learning/multibrand LCD remote
- 17-5/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 15-5/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (3 in, 2 out)
- analog-to-HDMI video upconversion (up to 1080p)
- HDMI version 1.3a with support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, SACD, and auto lip-sync
- component video switching (3 in, 2 out)
- component video conversion (composite to S-video, or composite and S-video to component)
- digital audio inputs: 4 optical (including 1 front-panel), 2 coaxial
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical
- 7 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input with composite and S-video
- 4 rear-panel inputs with composite and S-video
- 2 audio-only inputs
- no phono input
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp output
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives and portable USB music players
- RS-232C port for automated control systems
- detachable power cord
- direct IR flasher input, 12V DC trigger out
- 2 sets of main speaker outputs
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
Marantz SR6003 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great receiver! Setup is a breeze, you almost don't need the manual. Sound is
Two minor things: First the bias seems to be pretty high on the output stages
maybe between AB1 and class A. That's good for the sound but means the unit
runs very warm. Be aware of this and leave lots of room for cooling air to get
to the unit.
The other thing is the video brightness seems lower running HDMI through the
unit. If all video is going through the unit then its just an adjustment on
the monitor, but if you are running some video directly to the monitor it may be
Over all two thumbs up!
Searched and Found
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Looks like I got mine just in time before they went out of stock, and I couldn't be more pleased! This receiver is well worth the money. It is a high-end piece of equipment at a reasonable price. I tried an Onkyo '706, (returned-even with the Farudja chip), then tried Yamaha (returned) and decided to give this Marantz a try. WOW, it's design is perfect, it works like a dream, and the picture quality is awesome. I used the Audyssey EQ auto set-up, wrote down the parameters, tweaked them a bit with manual set-up, and my Klipsch's couldn't sound better. The manual is thick and lengthy, but take time to read it slowly, and it makes sense. One bit of advice to the manual writers-explain what will happen with each setting you can make-not just tell you what settings are available. Above all, my thanks to Crutchfield! They made it possible to even get this Marantz, and everything (including the return process for the other equipment) was A-1.
What's in the box?
- AV surround receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- RC003R Learning remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Audyssey microphone with attached 24' cord terminated by a male 3.5mm minijack connector
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- User Guide (English/French/Spanish)
- USA Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
- Correct Phone Number note
Features and Specs
Amplifier Section: The Marantz SR6003 A/V Surround Receiver features an 100 watts x 7-channel all discrete amplifier. The amplifier section features seven voltage feedback modules mounted in-line on an extended array of aluminum fins for maximum heat dissipation. It also employs a massive EI power transformer in combination with oversized filter capacitors. This design configuration is capable of a clear and powerful reproduction of the most demanding action movie soundtracks and full range multi-channel music discs. Through its ability to generate very high output voltages, the unit can easily drive the most demanding speaker with optimum results.
Front Panel Design: The receiver's front panel features a combination of aluminum extrusion and glass-reinforced resin which shields internal circuitry and absorbs internal and external resonances.
Independent Power Supply Circuits: Independent power supply circuits are incorporated for the receiver's FL display, audio and video sections for maximum separation, clarity and dynamic range.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The Marantz SR6003 is equipped with a high-resolution 32-bit floating point Digital Signal Processor (DSP). All elements of the Surround Processor are optimized to the highest standards by the use of selected high performance and discrete components, particularly the A/D and D/A converters and the sophisticated DSP surround decoder.
24-Bit, 192 kHz D/A Converters: The SR6003 uses 24-bit/192-kHz Digital-to-Analog converters for all channels. The 192kHz sampling and 24-bit word length capabilities of the DACs allows you to play high-resolution recordings and hear the increased clarity, detail and dynamic range of those recordings.
Video Up/Down Conversion: The SR6003 can take an analog video input (composite, S-video, component) and up-convert it to HDMI so the video signal can be passed through the receiver's HDMI terminal to your television via a single HDMI cable up to 1080p. The SR6003 can also take any of the receiver's analog video inputs and up-convert or down-convert them to any of the unit's analog video monitor outputs (composite, S-video, component). The receiver's HDMI inputs cannot be down-converted. The HDMI inputs and monitor outputs will support 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals. The component video inputs and outputs will support 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video signals. The S-video and composite video inputs and outputs will support 480i video resolution.
I/P Convert: The video circuit of the receiver is equipped with an I/P conversion feature. When this feature is active, 480i analog video signals input from a playback device can be converted to 480p and progressively output to the component video or HDMI monitor out terminals on the SR6003.
Auto Lipsync Correction: Video signals may take longer to process than audio signals depending on the connected video equipment. When the unit is connected to A TV or Projector which supports Auto Lipsync Correction in HDMI 1.3, audio and video can be automatically synchronized using this function.
Zone System: The SR6003's Zone System mode allows the same audio source or different audio sources to be heard in other rooms other than where the receiver is installed. The Marantz AV receiver features a Main Audio/Video Zone (Main), a second analog Audio Only Zone (Zone A) and a digital Audio Only Zone (Zone B). The Main Zone contains 7.1-channel playback of your audio/video gear in your main entertainment room. The Audio Only Zone A allows analog audio playback of another audio source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via left/right RCA audio output connections to a separate amplifier. The Audio Only Zone B allows digital audio playback of another digital audio source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via an optical digital output connected to a separate amplifier. The SR6003 AV receiver's Surround Back Speaker outputs can be assigned to Zone A so you can power a set of speakers in another room of your home without the use of a separate amplifier. You must turn off the Surround Back channels of the amplifier when using the receiver's multi-room speaker outputs, which will limit you to 5.1 channels in your main room.
Bi-Amp Connection: A bi-amp connection is possible with speakers that have two sets of inputs by combining the Front A and Surround Back speaker connections. This allows you to drive the treble and bass units with separate channels amps, which enable better sound quality. The surround back channels of the amplifier will need to be turned off to bi-amp your front speakers. This configuration will limit your Home Theater to 5.1- channel.
AM/FM Tuner: The Marantz SR6003 features a built-in AM/FM tuner which can automatically or manually store up to 60 AM/FM presets that can be labeled and viewed in a channel list.
Satellite Radio Ready: The Marantz SR6003 supports both XM and Sirius Satellite Radio when used with an optional Satellite Radio tuner and antenna.
- XM Ready: This unit is an XM Ready Receiver. You can receive XM Satellite Radio by connecting to the XM Mini-Tuner and Home Dock (package item number 700XMTUNPK, sold separately) and subscribing to XM Satellite Radio. XM Satellite Radio offers over 170 commercial-free channels of music, news, sports, comedy, talk, and entertainment to choose from--all in digital quality. During XM playback, you can display the channel number and name, category, artist name, and song title on the front panel.
- Sirius Satellite Radio Ready: The SR6003 can be also be connected to the optional SiriusConnect home tuner kit (item number 607SCH1-sold separately), allowing you to receive Sirius Satellite Radio through the receiver. The display shows channel name, number, category, artist, or song title.
Note: A subscription to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio is required. You can store up to 50 XM and Sirius Satellite Radio station presets each.
USB Port: The SR6003 is equipped with a front-panel USB type-A port. Any USB media that complies with the USB Mass Storage Class standard can be used with this receiver. MP3, WMA, AAC and WAV music files recorded in FAT16 or FAT32 can be played through this unit. The receiver's remote control allows various playback functions of your USB media such as Play, Pause, Stop, Skip, Search, Repeat, and Random. Your USB device and its recorded audio must meet the following requirements to be connected to the Marantz SR6003.
|Supported USB Connections||USB Mass Storage Class standard compliant devices in compliance
with USB 2.0 full speed.
|File Systems Supported||Formats FAT16/FAT32
Maximum of 8 hierarchical levels excluding the root
Maximum of 700 folders
Maximum of 65,535 files
|Playable File Formats||MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer-III) music files with ID3V1/ID3V2 text using a
sampling frequency of 32-48kHz and bit-rate of 32-320kbps (CBR/VBR)
MP3 (MPEG-2 LSF Layer-III) music files with ID3V1/ID3V2 text using a sampling frequency of 16-24kHz and a bit-rate of 8-160kbps (CBR/VBR)
WMA (Microsoft Windows Media Audio 9.2) with WMA Tag text using a sampling frequency of 32-48kHz and a bit-rate of 80160kbps (CBR) and Peak of 384kbps (VBR)
AAC (MPEG-2/4 AAC LC) with iTunes content information using a sampling frequency of 8-48kHz and a bit-rate of 8-320kbps (CBR/VBR)
WAV (RIFF Waveform) with no text using a sampling frequency of 32-38kHz and a bit-number of 16-bits.
Auto MultEQ Setup: This Audyssey MultEQ technology adapted by this receiver provides the best listening environment for multiple listeners. The Auto MultEQ Setup feature of the SR6003 measures sound characteristics of your speaker system and room where the receiver is used and automatically optimizes settings. To do this, the Auto Setup feature measures a test tone emitted by each channel in a maximum of 6 listening positions, using the supplied microphone. The measurement results are analyzed using an original algorithm and environmental settings are made to improve the sound characteristics of your listening area.
Manual Speaker Setup: If you prefer, you can manually setup up your speaker configurations. You can select the size and presence of each speaker, the distance of each speaker from your normal listening position, and the level of each speaker in your system.
Acoustic EQ: The A/V receiver features 5 Acoustic Equalizer modes to choose from.
- Audyssey: This mode adjust the frequency characteristics of all speakers so as to create the best listening environment for the sound characteristics of your listening area.
- Front: This mode matches the characteristic of each speaker to those of the front speakers.
- Flat: This mode flattens the frequency characteristics of all speakers. It is suited for playback of multi-channel music such as Dolby Digital and DTS.
- Preset: This mode independently adjusts the receiver's 9-band graphic equalizer (63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz) for each of the 7 channels.
- Off: The graphic equalizer is not use.
Surround Modes: The SR6003 is equipped with various surround modes to reproduce a variety of surround sound effects, according to the content of the source to be played. The receiver features Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital, and DTS decoders.
- Auto: When this mode is selected, the unit determines whether the digital input signal is Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Surround EX, Dolby digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, or PCM audio.
- Source Direct: In the Source Direct mode, the tone control circuit and bass management configuration are bypassed for full-range frequency response and the purist audio reproduction.
- Pure Direct: The Pure Direct mode further reduces sources of noise in addition to effect of the Source Direct mode, by blocking output from the video jacks and turning of the unit's display.
- Stereo: This mode bypasses all surround processing. In stereo program sources, the left and right channels play normally when PCM audio or analog stereo is input. With Dolby Digital and DTS sources, the 5.1 channels are converted to two channels stereo. 96kHz PCM source material can be played back in stereo mode.
- HDCD: When listening to HDCD recordings, you hear more dynamic range, a focused 3-D sound stage, and extremely natural vocal and musical timber.
- Dolby Virtual Speaker: Dolby Virtual Speaker technology use proprietary technology of Dolby Laboratories to create a virtual surround sound-field using only two speakers for the front channels, allowing the user to experience sound as if surround speakers were actually being used.
- Multi-Channel Stereo: This mode is used to create a wider, deeper and more natural soundstage from two channel source material. This is done by feeding the left channel signal to both left front and left surround speakers and the right channel signal to both right front and right surround speaker. Additionally, the center channel reproduces a mix of the right and left channel.
- Circle Surround II (Cinema/Music/Mono): Circle Surround is
designed to enable multi-channel surround sound playback of no-encoded and
multi-channel encode material. Backward compatibility provides listeners
with up to 6.1 channels of surround performances from an entire collection
of music and film, including broadcast, video tape, and stereo recorded
music. Depending on source material , you can select Cinema, Music or Mono
mode. Circle Surround also offers the following parameter adjustments.
- TruBass: TruBass produced by your speakers is an octave below the actual physical capabilities of your speakers adding exciting, deep bass effects.
- SRS Dialog: This feature allows dialogue to easily be discerned from the surround audio effects.
- Dolby Headphone: This mode simulates the waveforms of the actual sounds heard from the speakers when listening to the receiver's audio through a connected pair of headphones.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Pro Logic IIx expands any existing stereo-
or 5.1-channel audio for a 6.1- or 7.1- channel playback, creating a
seamless, natural surround sound-field that immerses you in the
entertainment experience. Dolby Pro Logic IIx has 5 modes:
- Movie: This mode provides 6.1 or 7.1 channel surround sound from Dolby Surround, encodes stereo movie soundtracks.
- Music: The Pro LogicIIx-Music mode creates a rich and
enveloping ambience from stereo sources such as CDs. In this mode, the
SR6003 includes three controls to fine tune this sound-field.
- Panorama: Panorama wraps the sound of the front left and right speakers around you, for an exciting perspective.
- Dimension: This feature adjusts the sound-field either towards the front or towards the rear of your system. This can be useful to help achieve a more suitable balance from all the speaker with certain recordings.
- Center Width: The Center Width feature allows you to gradually spread the center channel sound into the front left and right speakers.
- Game: This mode restores the impact low-frequency surround effects by routing them to the system's subwoofer.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround format.
- Dolby Digital EX: Dolby Digital EX is a 6.1 multi-channel digital surround format.
- Dolby Digital Plus: Dolby Digital Plus is an improved Dolby Digital surround format that is compatible with up to 7.1-channels of discrete digital sound and also improves sound quality due to extra data bit rate performance.
- Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD is a high definition audio technology, using lossless coding technology to faithfully reproduce the sound of the studio masters.
- DTS Digital Surround: DTS Digital Surround is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround sound format used for both commercial/theatrical and consumer grade applications.
- DTS-ES Extended Surround: DTS-ES features two 6.1 multi-channel formats: DTS-ES Discrete 6.1(6.1-channel discrete digital audio format adding a surround back channel to the DTS digital surround sound) and DTS-ES Matrix 6.1 (discrete 6.1 channel digital audio format inserting a surround back channel to the DTS surround sound through matrix encoding)
- DTS Neo:6 Surround: DTS Neo:6 is a matrix decoding technology for achieving 6.1-channel surround playback with 2-channel sources. You can choose from two DTS Neo: 6 Surround formats - Neo: 6 Cinema and Neo: 6 Music. You can also adjust the Center Gain to expand the sound image from the center channel.
- DTS 96/24: DTS 96/24 is a digital audio format enabling high sound quality playback in 5.1-channels with a sampling frequency of 96 kHz and 24 bit quantization of DVD-video.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio: DTS-HD High Resolution Audio is an improved version of the conventional DTS, DTS-ES and DTS 96/24 signal formats that is compatible with sampling frequencies of 96 or 48 kHz and up to 7.1-channels of discrete digital sound. High data bit rate performance provides high quality sound.
- DTS-HD Master Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio is a lossless audio format compatible with up to 96 kHz and up to 7.1-channels. The lossless audio coding technology faithfully reproduces the sound of the studio master.
- Neural Surround: Neural Surround has been adopted by XM Satellite Radio for digital radio broadcasts of XM HD Surround recordings and live events in surround sound. Neural Surround employs psychoacoustic frequency domain processing which allows delivery of a more detailed sound stage with superior channel separation and localization of audio elements.
Surround Channel Level: The channel level can be independently set for Multi-Channel Stereo, CSII and other modes. You can adjust the Center level, Surround level and Surround Back level from -12 to +12 in 0.5 dB increments. The Subwoofer level can be adjusted from -18 to +12 in 0.5 dB increments.
LFE Level: This function selects the output level of the LFE signal included in the Dolby Digital signal or the DTS signal. You can select from 0 to -10 dB.
LPF/HPF: When you use a subwoofer, you can select the cutoff frequency for the small speakers used. Select from one of the crossover frequency level according to the size of your small speakers connected - 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, or 180 Hz.
Bass & Treble: You can adjust the receiver's Bass and Treble independently to suit your listening tastes or room acoustics.
Bass Mix: This function allows the low frequencies to be played through the main Front left/right speakers as well as the powered subwoofer.
HT-EQ: The tonal balance of a film soundtrack will be excessively bright and harsh when played back over audio equipment in the home. This is because film soundtracks were designed to be played back in large movie theater environments. Activating the receiver's HT-EQ feature when watching a film made from movie theaters corrects this and restores the correct tonal balance.
Night Mode: Useful at night or when loud noise is undesirable, this mode compresses the dynamic range, making it easier to hear quieter audio content without increasing the overall volume of your system. Night Mode is only effective for Dolby Digital content.
M-DAX: This function makes up for lost audio content in MP3 or AAC sources during playback.
On-Screen Display: The receiver incorporates an on-screen menu system which makes various operations and menu selections visible on your connected television set. To view the on-screen display, you will need to connect the Monitor Out jack of the receiver to the composite, S-Video, component video or HDMI input of your television (the Video Convert function must be turned on to display the On-Screen Menu through the unit's HDMI or component monitor outputs).
Function Rename: Input sources can be registered under any name. Name can be up to 10 character long, including spaces.
Sleep Timer: The receiver offers a Sleep Timer which will automatically turn the unit off after 120, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, or 120 minutes.
Front Panel Lock: You can lock all the controls on the front panel of the unit, except for the Power button, to prevent anyone else from changing the settings on your receiver.
Memory Backup: This unit is equipped with a backup function to prevent memory data such as the preset memory from being erased.
Learning Remote: The provided IR wireless remote control is a universal learning remote control with an easy to read LCD display. The remote control's buttons are backlit with a press of a button. This remote is preset with a total of 12 types of remote codes including Marantz TV, DVD, VCR, DSS, Tuner, CD/CD-R, MD, Tape, Aux1, Aux2, and amp. The remote also contains codes for other manufactures which can be programmed. In addition, the remote control is capable of learning and storing codes used by other remote controls. Lastly, the IR remote allows you to program Macros which make it possible to use a single function button to perform more complex series of operations that would normally require pressing several buttons. A single Macro can be programmed to perform up to 10 steps in sequence.
HDMI (version 1.3) Inputs/Outputs: This unit has 3 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs. The SR6003's wide-bandwidth HDMI circuitry is ready to bring you advances like Deep Color and xvYCC Color Space. The receiver can send digital video and audio signals from DVDs and other sources directly to your connected display. HDMI minimizes signal degradation caused by analog conversion so that high quality images can be enjoyed. The 3 HDMI inputs are assignable from the receiver's on-screen menu. The dual HDMI outputs cannot be used simultaneously. The unit offers two HDMI audio settings.
- Enable: audio input to the HDMI jacks can be played back by the receiver; audio signals are not output to your connected television
- Through: audio input the HDMI jacks is not output from the speaker terminals of this unit; audio data is output directly to your connected television
Component Video Input/Outputs: This unit has 3 component video inputs to obtain the color information (Y, Cb, Cr) directly from the recorded DVD signal or other video component; and 2 component video outputs to output the video signal directly into the matrix decoder of your television. By sending the pure DVD component video signal directly, the DVD signal forgoes the extra processing that normally would degrade the image. The result is vastly increased image quality, with lifelike color and crisp detail. The 2 component video outputs will display the same video signal.
Digital Inputs/Output:There are 2 coaxial digital inputs and 4 optical digital inputs (one on front). The inputs accept digital audio signals from a compact disc, LD, DVD or other digital source component. There is also 1 optical digital output. The digital output can be connected to MD, recorders, CD recorders, DAT decks, or other similar components.
Preamp Outputs: The SR6003 features Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer preamp outputs to connect the receiver to external power amplifiers.
7.1 Channel Input: The SR6003 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding post speaker terminals for the front A, front B, center, surround, surround back, and multi-zone channels. The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. The collar surrounding the binding post terminals prevent the use of spade connectors.
Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR6003 from each of its zones from an external key-pad (sold separately)
DC Trigger Output: This 3.5mm output allows you to connect an external device so it can be turned on by the SR6003.
Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR6003 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
Front-Panel A/V Input: The receiver features a front-panel AV input which consists of a composite video, S-video, stereo RCA and optical digital jack.
USB Port: The SR6003 is equipped with a front-panel USB type-A port. Any USB media that complies with the USB Mass Storage Class standard can be used with this receiver. MP3, WMA, AAC and WAV music files recorded in FAT16 or FAT32 can be played through this unit.
Headphone Output: The receiver features a 1/4" stereo headphone jack on its front panel for connecting a pair of optional headphones. The unit's speakers will automatically be turned off when a set of headphones are connected.