Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Many of today's TVs, Blu-ray players, and game consoles let you access content available from the Internet, but some of them don't come with built-in Wi-Fi® adapters. If your home is already wired with coaxial RF cable for distributing TV signals, then Channel Master's CM6000 is a great solution — it lets you pass an Ethernet signal through the existing coaxial cables and jacks in your home.
This kit comes with two adapters. Connect one to your modem or router and a nearby coaxial wall jack. Plug the other adapter into a coaxial jack in the same room as your networkable device and connect it to your TV, Blu-ray player, or game console. The two adapters connect automatically, bringing the Internet to another room in your home.
In addition to enabling a PC network connection, the CM6000 system simultaneously passes TV signals to your set-top box or television. That means you can still use that same coaxial wall outlet to enjoy TV programming in the room where you've installed this system.
- turns a coaxial RF jack into an access point for your home network
- starter pack includes two adapters
- each adapter features
- one Ethernet port
- one coaxial RF input (connects to wall outlet)
- one coaxial RF output (connects to TV or set-top box)
- approximate maximum data transfer rate: 170 Mbps
- designed for use with a broadband Internet connection
- 4-3/8"W x 1-1/16"H x 4-5/16"D (each adapter)
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Channel Master CM6000 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 2 Internet-to-TV coax adapters (CM-6001)
- 2 AC power adapters (with attached 6' DC Cord)
- Two 4' Ethernet cables (RJ-45 connectors on each end)
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty/Registration Card
Overview: The Channel Master CM-6000 Internet-to-TV Coax Adapter Kit is an easy-to-install solution providing an internet connection to any of the coax cable outlets in your home. Many new TV's, SAT/Cable boxes, Blu-ray players, and game consoles now have internet capabilities and need to be connected to the Internet. After getting these products home you may find it difficult to connect them to the internet, because you may not have an Ethernet jack by your television or component. With most homes prewired with coax to nearly all rooms, Channel Master's Internet-to-TV Coax adapter Kit (CM-6000) is the perfect solution.
Note: The Channel Master CM-6000 Internet-to-TV Coax Adapter Kit consists of two Channel Master CM-6001 Internet-to-TV Coax Adapters. Additional CM-6001 Internet-to-TV Coax Adapters (6596001, sold separately) can be purchased to expand your Internet connection to additional Internet-ready devices in other rooms of your home (up to 16).
MoCA 1.1 Compliance: The Channel Master CM-6000 Internet-to-TV Coax Kit is MoCA 1.1 compliant. The Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) is the universal standard for home entertainment networking. MoCA is the only home entertainment networking standard in use by all three pay TV segments (Cable, Satellite, & IPTV). The current MoCA specification can support multiple streams of HD or SD video, deliver up to 175 Mbps net throughputs and offer an unparalleled user experience via parameterized quality of service (PQoS).
Internet-to-TV Connections: Simply connect one adapter (CM-6001) to your modem and coax network, then connect the second Adapter (CM-6001) to your coax network in another room where internet connection is desired. The Internet-to-TV adapters have been designed to allow the home network or internet signal to ride along the same coax as your cable television or terrestrial antenna signals with no interference. This is the most reliable solution without installing new wires and best of all its affordable and easy to install.
- RF Coax Connectors: Each Channel Master Internet-to-TV coax adapter is equipped with a RF Coax input (Cable In) with a female F-type connector, and RF Coax output (TV out) with a female F-type connector. The RF Coax input connects to the RF coaxial cable outlet from your wall. The RF Coax output then connects to your TV or SAT/Cable box. The Channel Master CM-6000 will work with RG6, RG59, or RG11 coax cables (sold separately).
- Ethernet Port: Each Internet-to-TV coax adapter is equipped with a single Ethernet (RJ-45) port. One Internet-to-TV coax adapter is connected to your home network's modem/router. The other Internet-to-TV coax adapter is connected to your Internet enabled TV, DVR, Blu-ray player, or game console. The CM-6000 supports Cat5e or higher Ethernet cable (two 4' Ethernet cables are supplied).
Note: The Channel Master CM-6000 Internet-to-TV Coax Adapter Kit will support cable and/or DSL high-speed internet services. Dish Network and DirecTV Satellite services will require a coax-splitter from the wall and a separate coax cable run.
Status LED Lights: The LED lights located on the front-panel of each Internet-to-TV coax adapter indicate the status of the Ethernet network (Network), coaxial network (c.Link), and power connection (Power).
AC Power Adapter: The Channel Master CM-6000 Internet-to-TV Adapter Kit operates off of standard household AC current, using the supplied AC power adapters.
Mounting Options: Each Internet-to-TV coax adapter features four integrated rubber feet to place the device on a flat table-top surface. There are also two keyhole slots that allow you to wall-mount the unit.
MoCA Version: MoCA 1.1 compliance
- MoCA: 1125MHz ~1525MHz (D Band)
- TV Port: 5MHz to 1004MHz
- Channel Bandwidth: 50MHz
- Channel Number: D1~D8
Packet Error Rate: 1E-6
Ethernet Interface: 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX (RJ-45)
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.5A
- Output: 12VDC, 1A
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Krissy May 28, 2014 ] Staff