Our take on the Channel Master CM-7500TB1 DVR+
A lot of people are looking for an alternative to writing that big monthly check to their satellite or cable TV provider. It's understandable — why pay for a zillion channels that you never watch? Channel Master's latest solution is the CM-7500TB1 over-the-air DVR. It makes it easy to record your local high-def TV broadcasts without paying for a subscription. Simply connect the CM-7500TB1 to an indoor or outdoor antenna and start recording your favorite network shows in crystal-clear HD — to watch whenever you want.
Over-the-air HD — amazing picture quality, free for the taking
The on-screen guide makes it easy to select and record programs.
The CM-7500TB1 is the skinniest DVR we've ever seen, yet it can record up to 160 hours of high-def programs, and provides great DVR conveniences like pause and forward/reverse skip using the remote control. And as we've told people for years, regular over-the-air high-def picture quality is as good or better than cable or satellite HD.
This is a dual-tuner DVR, so you can watch one over-the-air channel while simultaneously recording another, or set it to record shows on two different channels at the same time. Setting up timer recordings is a snap. The free on-screen program guide lets you schedule recordings up to 14 days in advance.
The CM-7500TB1 is surprisingly easy to hook up and set up. First, connect an indoor or outdoor antenna suited to your distance from local station transmitters. Next, make a single-cable HDMI connection to your HDTV, then follow the step-by-step instructions of the on-screen setup wizard.
This DVR works great with virtually any HDMI-equipped TV, and it's a terrific solution for projector-based home theaters, since projectors never include a built-in tuner. Note: This DVR cannot record satellite or cable TV signals.
Stream movies from Vudu™
The CM-7500TB1 makes it easy to access great Internet entertainment, too, by connecting a network cable to the DVR's Ethernet port. You like movies? Vudu's on-demand service has thousands of HD titles available for instant streaming. And their highest-quality "HDX" option combines a stunning 1080p picture with Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound.
Got questions about HDMI cables? See our HDMI cable buying guide.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- built-in ATSC tuners receive free over-the-air digital TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- dual-tuner design lets you to watch one channel while simultaneously recording another, or record two programs at the same time
- records up to 160 hours of HD content to the built-in 1TB hard drive
- versatile playback modes, including pause, fast-forward/fast reverse, and forward/reverse skip
- supports standard- and high-definition video resolutions up to 1080p
- setup wizard with auto channel scanning
- easy timer recording with the on-screen program guide
- Internet-ready with Vudu apps for accessing streaming movies, music and more
- HDMI output to connect to the TV (cable not included)
- RF input for antenna signal
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports for connecting the hard drive and an optional Wi-Fi dongle
- mini optical digital audio output
- remote control
- AC power adapter
- 10"W x 1/2"H x 8"D
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee