Our take on the Tuffy 033 Deluxe Stereo Security Console
Tuffy Security Products deliver serious theft protection for storage of valuables in your Jeep or SUV. Tested to withstand a lifetime of abuse, these award-winning, hand-crafted consoles are securely bolted from the inside and through the floorboard, so you can leave your IDs, cash, credit cards, jewelry, tools, even stereo equipment locked in your vehicle with perfect peace of mind.
Tuffy builds every security console and lockbox using heavy-duty 16-gauge carbon steel, finished with a durable epoxy powder coat. The specially-formed, welded lid, along with Tuffy's pick- and punch-resistant locks, protects your valuables against weather and dust as well as thieves. Custom stainless-steel hinges, latch assemblies, and strikers are welded, not riveted, on. All mounting hardware is provided.
The Tuffy 033 replaces the front seat center console in your 1976-86 Jeep CJ, and features 2 cup holders with anti-rattle rubber drink fingers, a padded armrest, interior rubber mat, and a removable tray. The Tuffy 033 Deluxe Stereo Security Console has 2 compartments; a separate compartment for mounting your stereo or other electronic equipment, and a lockable rear storage space. The stereo compartment comes pre-cut for a standard mounting sleeve set almost vertically for convenient viewing and access. (Some stereo units might not work at this angle.)
Note: You must drill into your vehicle's floorboard to install this console. Check the area behind where you are drilling for possible hazards.
See more info on this item
- security console for 1976-86 Jeep CJ
- separate compartment for mounting a stereo
- 16-gauge steel construction
- patented anti-twist push-button lock system with hardened steel latch
- pin-lock hinge design
- mounts through floor, drilling required
- exterior: 24"L (includes cup holder) x 10-1/4"W x 18-1/2"H (includes 4" mounting bracket)
- interior (rear compartment): 12"L (top), 16"L (bottom) x 9-1/2"W x 12"H
- stereo compartment: 2-3/16"L x 7-1/4"W x 7"D, 67 degree angle
- warranty: limited lifetime on material and workmanship (excludes coating)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee