Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A Smart TV with the power of Google
LG's slim and stylish 50GA6400 harnesses the power of Google to create one of the most intuitive and engaging Internet-on-your-TV experiences yet. Of course, it also offers outstanding picture quality and conveniences, all wrapped in one of this year's most visually striking designs.
Watch, listen, chat, search, surf...
Who knows more about making the web organized and accessible than Google? You can quickly search for content on your TV using Google's Chrome browser. Connect to Google Play and now your music, books, movies, and apps from the Android market are all in one place.
Built-in apps give you instant access to a nearly limitless selection of entertainment — streamed video from services like Netflix®, HBO GO®, and Amazon Instant, music from Pandora® and Rhapsody®, social networking, and lots more. And surfing the web is a breeze with Google's Chrome browser.
The Google TV remote has controls on one side and a QWERTY keyboard on the other.
This remote is pretty smart, too
The 50GA6400 includes a special web-friendly remote control that provides a smarter Smart TV experience. It's like a remote, a mouse and a keyboard all rolled into one. This is a motion-sensing remote, so you can wave and click to select apps and navigate menus. And you can type on the remote's QWERTY keyboard, which is really helpful for searching. Want to really impress your friends? Just say the name of your favorite website into the remote and there it is.
Comfortable, compelling 3D viewing, and amazing two-player gaming
Enjoy the immersive 3D experience of the movie theater at home with LG's Cinema 3D technology. The 3D effects are impressive, and with 2D-to-3D conversion and 3D depth control, you get to choose how strong the 3D effect is. LG's passive 3D glasses are comfortable and lightweight, and 4 pairs are included with the 50GA6400 so your family and friends won't miss out on the fun. And don't forget that LG's 3D TVs are wonderful for 2D video, as well.
LG's latest screen technology also means that you can now enjoy two-player gaming on the same TV without the need for a split screen. Two players can compete independently and see the action on a full screen. Note: Two-player gaming mode requires LG's special AG-F310DP glasses which are sold separately.
- 49.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen, brushed-metal bezel and stand
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- displays 3D images when you wear LG's passive 3D glasses (4 pairs of glasses are included)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds 3D-like depth to non-3D video sources
- LED edge backlight for high picture contrast
- TruMotion 120Hz refresh rate for blur reduction
- Internet-ready Google TV special web features include Android App Market, TV & Movie Search, and more (broadband service required)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) technology for direct wireless content transfer from compatible devices with no Wi-Fi network needed
- built-in Google Chrome web browser
- dual-core processor for improved web browsing and picture quality
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
- built-in stereo speakers (12 watts x 2)
- motion-sensing remote with built-in microphone for voice control, QWERTY keyboard
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
- SIMPLINK simplifies control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 4 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)
- minijack headphone output
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 3 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 28-1/8"W x 12-13/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 44-11/16"W x 26-9/16"H x 2-5/8"D (29-3/16"H x 12-13/16"D on stand)
- weight: 42.1 lbs. with stand; 36.8 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why choose an LED-LCD TV?
Reason #1: Awesome picture quality. The LED backlights in these higher-end LCD TVs can give you better picture contrast and more lifelike colors than sets with typical fluorescent backlighting. Reason #2: They're more energy-efficient than plasma or regular LCD TVs, helping you lower your monthly electric bill and helping the environment.
LG 50GA6400 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
LG 50 Google Tv
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This Google TV by LG is an excellent addition to our trading office offering a larger screen to review market news and training videos.
Pros: Excellent quality and easy usage.
I like the product
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I do like the new LG TV, however it is much more than a TV and I am still (slowly) learning the system. I'm 84 years old but pretty well versed in geek stuff, so it is a challenge. I want to connect a VCR and that's the next project. I bought a 3D movie (only one available),,,the story was poorly done so I am going to check the local library to see if they have 3D movies. I plan on enjoying 3D soon. All in all, I'm pleased with my new toy.
What's in the box?
- 50" LED-LCD TV
- Stand base
- Stand body
- 5' AC power cord
- Magic QWERTY remote (AN-MR300Q)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Four 3D glasses (AG-F310)
- 6' Dual IR blaster cable
- Component video adapter (w/ male 3.5mm AV connector on one end and female component video RCA jacks on other end)
- Composite AV adapter (w/ male 3.5mm AV connector on one end and female composite video/stereo RCA jacks on other end)
- Eight M4 x 14mm screws (w/ star-washers installed)
- 2 Cable clips
- 4 Wall-mount spacers
- Cleaning cloth
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual booklet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Magic QWERTY Remote User Information
- Product Registration Card
- Warranty Information
Features and Specs
Edge-Lit LED Technology: LG's edge-lit LED technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs.
TruMotion 120Hz: TruMotion 120Hz provides clear, smoother images, even during fast action scenes crating a more crisper picture. TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you see sports, video games, and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur; letting the LED-LCD TV keep up with your fast- moving entertainment.
Triple XD Engine w/ 1080P Resolution: The LED-LCD TV utilizes LG's exclusive Triple XD Engine video processing system for crisp images and rich, vibrant colors. The LG LED-LCD TV has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
Video Inputs: The LG LED-LCD HDTV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1080p.
- Four HDMI Inputs: The four HDMI inputs will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. The HDMI inputs not only allow you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or Satellite/Cable receiver to the TV, but also a laptop or computer.
- Component Video: The Component Video input will accept 1080p (60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The component video inputs consist of a 3.5mm jack and a 6" mini-to-component video adapter. This same component video output shares the audio signal with the composite audio/video terminal.
- Composite: The composite video input will accept 480i only. The composite audio/video terminal consists of an AV 3.5mm connector and a 6" mini-to-composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
MHL Compatible: The HDMI 4 input is MHL compatible and designed for the connection of select mobile phones and other portable electronic devices. Simply plug your MHL compatible smartphone into the TV's HDMI 4 port using the HDMI cable that is included with your mobile phone. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on the LG TV from your mobile smartphone. The TV's IR remote can be used to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Stop Fast Forward/Rewind, and Menu navigation). Your MHL compliant device will also charge while connected to the TV's HDMI 4 port. To find MHL-certified devices, go to www.mhlconsortium.org.
LG Cinema 3D: LG Cinema 3D offers amazing 3D depth with a brighter picture and better motion quality, plus flicker-free glasses, just like the movie theater. You get the same technology that powers the 3D films in the movie theater, right in your own home. LG Cinema 3D gives you wider viewing angles, meaning you get the same immersive 3D experience wherever you sit. The LED-LCD flat-panel TV's 3D picture begins with LG's proprietary Film-type Patterned Retarder (FPR) panel, which optimizes the separation of images for the left and right eyes. This polarized film is applied directly to the TV's screen enabling delivery of optimized images for both eyes. The images are then filtered through specially designed glasses to give you truly crisp, blur-free, flicker-free 3D images that leap of the screen. As a result, the 3D image looks 1080p and is clearer, brighter, flicker-free, and more comfortable to watch.
- Included 3D Glasses (AG-F310): The included 3D glasses (4 pair included) are just like the ones you get at the movie theater, so they are very lightweight and comfortable to wear. The 3D image formatting is done solely on the TV set, so the 3D glasses are passive (no batteries required) and don't need to be synced, enabling you to enjoy 3D images anywhere in your room and free from the interference of other objects. The passive 3D glasses design also lets you enjoy 3D images from any viewing angle; whether you are sitting on the couch or laying on floor.
- 2D-to-3D Conversion: 2D (two-dimensional) images can be transformed to 3D (three-dimensional) images. If you are watching a 2D program, the television can transform those two-dimensional images to virtual 3D images (you must be wearing included 3D glasses).
- 3D Depth/Viewpoint Control: You can adjust the 3D Depth between the foreground objects and the background. You can also adjust the 3D Viewpoint, making the 3D images closer or farther from the viewer.
- Two-Player Gaming: Gamers can enjoy two-player 2D gaming on this one TV without the need for a split screen. Now, you and a friend can compete against one another independently and catch the action on a full screen. This feature requires special glasses (AG-F310DP, sold separately).
Note: This LG TV can display in 3D via 3D broadcasting or when the TV is connected to a 3D compatible device; such as a 3D-ready Blu-ray player with 3D content. The TV must be connected to your 3D source via HDMI (v.1.4) and you must wear the included passive 3D glasses in order to see these images in 3D (three-dimensional) format.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- 16:9: Resizes the image ratio to fit a 16:9 screen.
- Just Scan: Normally the edges of video signals are cropped 1-2%. Just Scan turns off this cropping and shows the complete video.
- Set by Program: Depending on the input signal, screen aspect ratio changes to 4:3 or 16:9.
- 4:3: Resizes the image ratio to fit a 4:3 screen.
- Zoom: Choose Zoom when you want to view the picture without any alteration. However, the top and bottom portions of the picture will be cropped.
- Cinema Zoom: Choose Cinema Zoom when you want to enlarge the picture in correct proportion. This enlarges an image with cinemascope aspect ratio (2.35:1) without distortion.
Picture Wizard II (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG TV's Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This feature takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes: The LG LED-LCD TV provides preset, user, and expert adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Presets: Easy to use factory presets for picture mode
- Standard: provides optimum viewing for general use
- Vivid: maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness
- Cinema: optimizes video for watching videos
- Game: provides fast response speed for fast gaming system
- Eco: this Energy Saver mode changes the TV's picture settings to reduce power consumption
- User Adjustment: This mode allows you to adjust the
video quality settings manually.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the backlight behind the LED-LCD screen; adjusting the back-light is recommended when setting the brightness of the TV; when decreasing the backlight, the brightness of the black becomes darker without any loss in video signal and the power consumption is reduced
- Contrast: increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal; you may use Contrast when the bright part of the picture is saturated
- Brightness: adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture; you may use Brightness when the dark part of the picture is saturated.
- Sharpness: adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture; the lower the level, the softer the image
- Color: adjusts intensity of all colors
- Tint: adjusts the balance between red and green levels
- Color Temp: set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue
- Expert Mode: The LG LED-LCD TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset Expert 1/2 modes for easy access from your LG remote.
Advanced Picture Control: Advanced Picture Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG LED-LCD TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Dynamic Color: Adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer. This feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green white look more vivid.
- Preferred Color: Fine tune Skin, Sky, and Grass color independently.
- Super Resolution: Provides a crystal-clear picture by improving the details in areas where the picture is blurry or unclear.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
- xvYCC: This feature produces richer colors from x.v.YCC compatible sources.
- Color Filter: This function filters specific colors in the video. You can use the RGB filter to set color saturation and hue accurately.
- Expert Pattern: Patterns used for expert adjustment.
- White Balance: Adjusts the color temperature color by color.
- Color Management System: A tool that allows you to make adjustments by using test patterns; this does not affect other colors, but can be used to selectively adjust the 6 color areas (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Mgt/Yellow).
Picture Options: Additional picture options are available to enhance your viewing experience.
- Real Cinema: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect.
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- MPEG Noise Reduction: Removes noise caused by compressing video.
- Eye Care: Adjusts screen brightness to prevent eye fatigue.
- Motion Eye Care: Saves power consumption by adjusting the brightness corresponding to movement in the video.
Sound Optimizer: This function optimizes the sound based on the environment in which the TV is installed (Normal, Wall-Mount, Stand).
Preset + 5-Band EQ: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality. You can also adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
Audio Enhancements: The LG LED-LCD TV offers various audio adjustments to enhance your overall experience.
- Virtual Surround: Virtual Surround delivers a simulated surround sound effect with just the TVs two speakers.
- Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
- 3D Sound Zooming: Provides 3D-optimized sound to match the 3D video.
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Audio Outputs: The LG LED-LCD TV offers an optical digital output and analog minijack output.
- Digital Audio Output: The optical (toslink) digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner or Dolby Digital content loaded onto USB. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the television via HDMI or RCA.
- Analog Audio Output: The TV's 3.5mm analog output can be used to connect a set of headphones or as an audio output to connect your home theater receiver or soundbar system. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminal will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
Dual Core Processor: LG's L9 dual core processor technology delivers the speed you need for faster web browsing, instant access to internet content, and quicker application processing. The dual core processor also supports multi-tasking, so you can watch your favorite shows and check social networks at the same time.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: This TV can be connected to your home network via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. If both options are available in your network, the wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Either network connection offers access to your PC movie/photo/music files, LG Apps, and the Internet.
Note: A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for connection to this TV. Use a standard LAN cable with this TV (Cat5 or better with a RJ45 connector). The included wireless network adapter operates at 2.4 GHz radio frequencies, which are also used by other household devices.
Google TV: Google TV allows you to access a variety of online services and content directly on the LG LED-LCD TV through its network connection. Google TV is an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos, and browse the web; all organized in a simple to use interface. Once you have connected the LG TV to your home network and the internet, you can enjoy entertainment content, up-to-the minute news, weather updates, photo management, and more by simply using the TV's remote control and on-screen menu; all without a separate PC. Google TV offers pre-installed, pay, and free-of-charge instant streaming of movies, music, weather, news, sports, and social network services through various online applications.
- Pre-Installed Apps: The LG Google TV offers the following pre-installed apps for movie & video playback - Netflix (5.1ch), HBO GO, Amazon Instant Video,Crackle, Flixster, YouTube.
- 3D World: 3D world gives you access to a variety of free & pay online 3D content; such as movies & sports.
- Google Play: This LED-LCD TV features the Android 3.2 platform and allows you to download thousands of Google Play apps, as well as movies, TV shows, music, and games (fees will apply). Google Play offers easy access to free and pay Android applications available on Google TV; such as Pandora, Rhapsody, Slacker, Twitter, AccuWeather, Picasa, Flickr, and more. Because the TV is Cloud compatible, the apps you download to the television can also be accessed on your Android smartphone or tablet; and vise-versa (when applicable).
- Google Chrome Web Browser: The LG LED-LCD TV uses Google Chrome as its web browser. With Google Chrome, you can search, email, shop, read the news, watch online videos, and run complex web applications. And since LG Google LED-LCD TV is Flash compatible, you've got the full sweep of web access without limitations. This includes the most popular video and web games utilizing Flash, along with social networks and rich Internet applications. Using the included Magic QWERTY Remote you can enter in URL addresses or keyword searches; or even search via Voice Search Command. You can even bookmark your favorite web sites for quicker access through Google Chrome. The TV's Google Chrome web browser supports up to Flash 10, but does not support platform-dependent technology like ActiveX. The web browser only replays the following media file formats; JPEG/PNG/GIF/WMV (ASF)/WMA/MP3/MP4).
Note: It's essential to have a Google account in order to benefit from the full array of LG Google TV features. You'll need a high speed internet connection, preferably a 2.5Mbps bandwidth and 10Mbps for HD content.
SmartShare: Whether you create a network with your compatible devices, access content stored in your LG Cloud, or use an NFC tag to connect; the LG TV makes it easy with SmartShare Technology for you to share content with friends and family.
- DLNA Certified: This TV is DLNA Certified; which means it can display and play movie (DivX/WMV/MOV/MKV/MPEG), photo (JPEG), and music (MP3) content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7 or 8 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home. If you don't already have DLNA software on your Windows-based computer or server, simply download the Nero MediaHome 4 software from LG's website.
- WiDi + Miracast Technology: The LG LED-LCD TV features built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) and Miracast technology for direct wireless content transfer from compatible devices with no Wi-Fi network needed. Now, you can enjoy all of your personal and online content on the big screen with a simple wireless connection. With a laptop featuring Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) or Android smartphone featuring Miracast, you can sit back and experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows, and more in full HD (up to 1080P) and multichannel audio (up to 5.1ch) on the LG Smart TV.
- NFC Tag On: Tag On is a data transmission technology that is used on Android smartphones (4.0+ICS) with Near Field Communication. Simply by tapping your smartphone to a Tag On sticker (sold separately by LG) on the TV, you can share audio/video/photo content between your smartphone and TV. To connect your smartphone to the TV using Tag On, you must download the Tag On app and LG TV Remote app onto your compatible Android smartphone. Your smartphone and TV must be connected to the same WiFi network, or use the TV's direct WiDi/Miracast connection.
- LG Cloud: You can save videos, music, and photos to the LG Cloud, and easily access and play these files directly on the internet-connected LG Smart TV. It's a convenient alternative to local storage, and everybody receives 5GB free.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. The tested TV contained software version 0.3.05.03 (as of 4/23/2013). Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Triple USB Ports: The television features three USB type-A ports for playback of video (DivX/WMV/MOV/MKV/MPEG), still image (JPEG), and music (MP3) files stored on a connected USB memory device. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. In addition, the TV will charge USB devices that can be charged via USB (max. 5V/0.5A). The LG television lets you watch a slideshow of your photos (JPEG) while listening to background music (MP3) from an inserted USB device.
LG Home Dashboard: The LG Google TV's Home Dashboard is a unique, interactive, simple-to-use on-screen user-interface that allows you to watch TV while you search for premium online content, explore Google TV Apps, adjust picture settings, switch external inputs, and select between connected network devices; all from one menu screen on the LG LED-LCD TV. The customizable LG Home Dashboard is intuitive and simple to navigate. Unique features of the LG Home Dashboard include:
- Setup Wizard: The LG LED-LCD TV welcomes you with a built-in Setup Wizard tutorial. When you turn on the TV for the first time, you'll be prompted to press the "START" button by way of the Magic QWERTY Remote. From there, the Setup Wizard guides you step by step, clarifying important details such as network connection, entering Google account info, setting up TV service, using TV or external speakers, and connecting the IR blaster.
- Google TV PrimeTime Quick Guide: Google TV PrimeTime Quick Guide makes it easy to browse live and on-demand TV shows, movies, web video, and even DVR content (if compatible with your setup). Browse offerings from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, YouTube and other sources in the convenient overlay; which allows you to search while still watching your current program. You can then filter the results by time, price and video quality. You can even rate a show or movie, so Google TV PrimeTime Quick Guide can begin making personalized recommendations for your future entertainment.
- Universal Search: You can do a universal keyword search which includes all applications, bookmarks, TV content, web video, and web pages.
PIP: Picture-in-Picture (PIP) feature you watch live TV in a smaller format while other applications are displayed in full size. You can also move, resize or close the PIP window.
Input & Channel Lists: The LG TV lets you store your Favorite broadcast TV channels, as well as label your input sources.
- Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
- Input Label List: The LG TV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names (Blu-ray, DVD, Set-top Box, Satellite, Cable Box, Game, PC, or DVI) to label each connected input.
Analog and Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
ENERGY STAR Certified w/ Energy Saving Feature: Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. For TVs, it means they save energy both in Standby and On modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units. The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness.
- Minimum/Medium/Maximum: Applies the pre-set Energy Saving mode.
- Screen Off: Screen is turned off and only sound is heard.
- Off: Turns off the Energy Saving feature.
Timers: The LED-LCD TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Built-in Customer Support: The LG LED-LCD Smart TV offers built-in customer support to help your learn functions and diagnose problems.
- On-Screen User Guide: The TV offers a built-in, on-screen User Guide to help you learn how to use your new TV.
- Picture/Sound Tests: This customer support function executes picture and sound tests to make sure you have the TV properly connected.
- LG Remote TV Service: LG Remote TV Service can allow LG Customer Service to help you perform menu actions and resolve many problems remotely. To use this feature make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
Magic QWERTY Remote: LG's Magic QWERTY Remote is a remote control, mouse, and keyboard all rolled into one. With simple gesture control, LG'S exclusive Magic QWERTY Remote enables you to move the on-screen cursor, drag & drop apps, select an icon and input text easily by way of the full QWERTY keyboard on the remote's reverse side. Pressing the 3D button activates 2D to 3D conversion mode and other 3D options. Pushing your Magic Remote's zoom button also makes it easy to zoom in or out of web applications.
- Voice Search Command: Voice Search Command is a really handy shortcut feature on the included Magic QWERTY Remote. Simply press and hold the "Voice" button. When the microphone image appears on the screen, speak your desired search request into the remote; for example - "open (app name)", "go to (.com)", or "watch (movie title)". From the list of suggested results, make your selection by pressing the "OK" button.
- Dual IR Blaster: By connecting the supplied dual IR Blaster cable transmitter to the LG LED-LCD TV, you can control multiple devices (like your cable/satellite box & Blu-ray/DVD player) with the versatile Magic QWERTY Remote.
Note: The included RF remote control uses a 2.4GHz frequency range (2.4-2.4835 GHz; 32-channels) to control the TV up to a distance of 32.8'.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select Multimedia Device: Enables you to select one of the multimedia device connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
- Speaker: Selects either connected home theater or TV speaker.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported
Able Remote Google TV App: The Able Remote Google TV App from the Google Play Store turns your Android (3.2-up) smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the LG LED-LCD TV. Now you can navigate the LG TV with touch gestures and voice commands from your compatible Android smartphone or tablet. You'll also be able to share photos, videos and web pages with the TV; as well as forward notifications to the TV.
Note: You will need to install this app onto your Android smartphone/tablet device, as well as the LG LED-LCD TV. Your Android device and the LG TV must be connected to the same home network.
Keyboard Compatible: The LG LED-LCD TV supports the use of a keyboard & mouse through its USB ports. You can enter text with the keyboard when using the Search function and the built-in Web Browser.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 15° left or right. The television weighs 42.1 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm (h) x 400mm (v). The threaded inserts require 6mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 36.8 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The television comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.875" from the wall.