Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The 55LW5600 has a lot going for it stunning 2D images, and 3D when you want it, plus it's Internet-ready. You'll get a stellar picture from just about any source, thanks to 120Hz blur reduction for clear video motion, and LED backlighting for a high-contrast picture with deep black levels.
LG's Cinema 3D passive 3D, like in movie theaters
The LW5600-series TVs use passive 3D like what you see in the movie theater. Lightweight glasses (4 pairs included) allow you to watch 3D comfortably on this set's 55" screen. While you don't get full 1080p detail for each eye like sets that use active 3D glasses provide, you'll see clear, bright and sharp 3D images and a wider viewing angle.
A different breed of LED edge backlighting
Edge-lit backlighting has quickly become the most common type of LED backlighting. The 55LW5600's "LED Plus" backlight is actually a clever hybrid design the LEDs are spaced around the edges of the screen, but they have the ability to dim in response to the picture content, improving contrast and shadow detail.
LG's Smart TV the next step for Internet-ready TVs
We've grown used to the idea of Internet-ready TVs that make it easy to watch online video like streamed Netflix® movies on your TV with no computer required. The 55LW5600 takes those capabilities a big step further by including a built-in web browser so you can put your laptop away. And an included Wi-Fi® adapter lets you enjoy content from the Internet with ease (and without running an Ethernet cable across your room).
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- high-gloss black finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- displays 3D images when you wear LG's passive 3D glasses (4 pairs of glasses are included)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds a 3D-like effect to non-3D video sources
- "LED Plus" edge backlight with dimming for enhanced picture contrast and black levels
- 8,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- TruMotion 120Hz blur reduction for clear video motion
- Picture Wizard II screen calibration system
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more, built-in web browser (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix)
- Wi-Fi®-capable link to your wireless network with the included USB dongle
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- two remotes: one standard illuminated remote and one Magic Motion wand
- SIMPLINK simplifies control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 7 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 2 component video (one is selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.4
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack headphone output
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports for connecting a camera or thumb drive, and for use with LG accessories
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 21-5/8"W x 13-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 51"W x 31"H x 1-5/8"D (33-1/2"H x 13-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 57.7 lbs. with stand; 48.5 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Immersive 3D viewing whenever you want
If you've been wowed by recent 3D movies in the theater, you can now watch in 3D in your living room. 3D pictures add depth and dimensionality that pulls you into the on-screen action. To experience the 3D effects you need to wear special 3D glasses; make sure you choose a TV and glasses from the same brand to ensure compatibility. 3D TVs also offer fantastic 2D picture quality for everything else that you watch.
LG 55LW5600 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Outstanding Matte-Screen 3D LED
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
One of the best matte-screen LED passive 3D TVs (there aren't a whole lot). Picture quality is outstanding once adjusted correctly, and holds up very well in our very bright room. The edge-lit local dimming artifacts are extremely subtle, not nearly as bad as many reviews note during general viewing, and only pronounced during non-picture/movie viewing like credits, game menus, etc. Overall outstanding color, 3D is good, 2D to 3D emulation is pretty good.
Biggest issues noted to date: UI is poor and requires lots of clicking to navigate; the "Magic Motion" remote is shaky and cursor is slow to appear between some menu transitions. Audio is hollow and set benefits from audio solution, but better than others in this range.
Overall, very happy with this TV; and, as always, Crutchfield service is outstanding.
Nice but not Great
We have had this TV for about 4 months now. For the most part we have loved it. I am not sure what the tecnical term is but when there are fast moving scenes the image tends to be repeated (as in a blur). The 3D is excellent and it is certainly nice not to have to spend so much on the 3D glasses. We had a party with about 20 people and we had glasses for all (none of which we purchased). I also have a 42 inch 720p plasma Panasonic that is about 4 years old and the picture is superior. If I hadn't purchased the LG already, I would probably buy another plasma TV. The 3D is nice, but for the amount of times we have watched 3D, I would pass on this feature. (Just so everyone knows, I have a 1080p high def cable box connected with HDMI)
All I can is wow! This tv is amazing, I watched Disney's tangled in 3D with the
passive glasses, there's absolutely no flicker. The images looks amazing. I also
watched saving private Ryan in blu-ray, and I was blown away, the clarity and
colors gives you a theatre like experience. It's worth the money, the passive 3d
glasses are way cheaper than active. My old 42 LCD doesn't even compare to the
led technology, more colors deeper blacks, The tv speakers are not great, so it's
nice to pair this with a surround sound. I'm so glad I went with this tv.
What's in the box?
- 55" LED-LCD TV
- Stand base
- Stand body
- Remote control (AKB72914043)
- RF remote control (AKB732955) with wrist-strap
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Two "AA" batteries
- 4 Passive 3D glasses (with soft storage pouch and cleaning cloth for each)
- Wireless Broadband/DLNA Adapter (AN-WF100)
- 6" Component video adapter (with female component RCA jacks on one end and a male 3.5mm connector on other end)
- 6" AV adapter (with female composite/stereo RCA jacks on one end and male 3.5mm AV connector on other end)
- Eight 4mm x 12mm machine screws (with star-washers)
- Screen cleaning cloth
- Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual booklet
- Limited Warranty Information
- "Child Safety" sheet
- Product Registration Card
- Remote Control Unit User Information
- Energy Guide sticker
Features and Specs
Edge-Lit LED Technology: LG's edge-lit LED technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs.
LED Plus Technology with Local Dimming: LED Plus technology provides even greater control of brightness through local-dimming of this LED edge-lit TV to deliver amazing clarity and color detail. LED Plus analyzes the signal of the input video by areas of the screen, and then adjusts the backlight to improve the contrast ratio.
XD Engine: The 55LW5600 utilizes LG's exclusive XD Engine video processing system for crisp images and rich, vibrant colors.
8,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast: The LED-LCD TV delivers a Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 8,000,000:1; which provides stunning colors and deep black, so your picture's details don't get lost in the shadows.
Intelligent Sensor: Let the TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. The LG LED-LCD TV's Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. Unlike other sensors which can only sense brightness of ambient light, LG's "Intelligent Sensor" uses 4,096 sensing steps to evaluate its surroundings. Using a sophisticated algorithm, the LG processes picture quality elements including brightness, contrast, color, sharpness and white balance. The result is a picture optimized for its surroundings, more pleasing to watch and which can also save up to 50% in power consumption.
TruMotion 120Hz: TruMotion 120Hz provides clear, smoother images, even during fast action scenes crating a more crisper picture. TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you see sports, video games, and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur; letting the LED-LCD TV keep up with your fast- moving entertainment.
24p Real Cinema: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect. DVD and Blu-ray movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps). With 24p Real Cinema, every frame is consistently processed 5 times in 1/24 of a second producing 120 fps with TruMotion or 2 times in 1/24 of a second producing 48 fps without TruMotion, thus totally eliminating the judder effect.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The LG 55LW5600 LED-LCD TV has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
Video Inputs: The LG LED-LCD HDTV features HDMI (v.1.4), Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (v.1.4 with Deep Color): The four HDMI (v.1.4) inputs can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, or Satellite/Cable box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 1/2 inputs can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI jack will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals; as well as support Deep Color and 3D content.
- Component Video: The two Component Video inputs will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. One of the component video inputs consist of a 3.5mm jack and a 6" mini-to-component video adapter. This same component video output shares the audio signal with the composite audio/video terminal.
- Composite: The two composite video inputs will accept 480i only. One composite audio/video terminal consists of an AV 3.5mm connector and a 6" mini-to-composite video/stereo RCA adapter.
Note: The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
LG Cinema 3D: LG Cinema 3D offers amazing 3D depth with a brighter picture and better motion quality, plus flicker-free glasses, just like the movie theater. You get the same technology that powers the 3D films in the movie theater, right in your own home. LG Cinema 3D gives you wider viewing angles, meaning you get the same immersive 3D experience wherever you sit. This LG TV can display in 3D via 3D broadcasting or when the TV is connected to a compatible device, such as a 3D-ready Blu-ray player with 3D content. The TV must be connected to your 3D source via HDMI (v.1.4) and you must wear the included passive 3D glasses in order to see these images in 3D (three-dimensional) format.
- Film-type Patterned Retarder (FPR) Panel: The LED-LCD flat-panel TV's 3D picture begins with LG's proprietary Film-type Patterned Retarder (FPR) panel, which optimizes the separation of images for the left and right eyes. This polarized film is applied directly to the TV's screen enabling delivery of optimized images for both eyes. The images are then filtered through specially designed glasses to give you truly crisp, blur-free, flicker-free 3D images that leap of the screen. As a result, the 3D image is clearer, brighter, flicker-free, and more comfortable to watch.
- Passive 3D Glasses: The included 3D glasses (4 pair included) are just like the ones you get at the movie theater, so they are very lightweight and comfortable to wear. The 3D image formatting is done solely on the TV set, so the 3D glasses are passive (no batteries required) and don't need to be synced, enabling you to enjoy 3D images anywhere in your room and free from the interference of other objects. The passive 3D glasses design also lets you enjoy 3D images from any viewing angle - whether you are sitting on the couch or laying on floor.
- 3D Light Boost: LG's 3D Light Boost technology maximizes lighting from the TV's backlight to maintain the full brightness and picture quality of the original source. This enhanced lighting means brighter and clearer 3D pictures, creating a more comfortable 3D viewing experience.
Note: LG's Passive 3D provides 540 lines of resolution to each eye for a 1080 effect.
2D-to-3D: 2D (two-dimensional) images can be transformed to 3D (three-dimensional) images. If you are watching a 2D program, the television can transform those two-dimensional images to virtual 3D images (you must be wearing included 3D glasses). You can also control the depth effect of the virtual 3D image.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): This feature lets you choose the way an analog picture with a 4:3 aspect ratio is displayed on your TV. You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input). You can select from:
- 4:3: Choose 4:3 when you want to view a picture with an original 4:3 aspect ratio.
- 16:9: Adjust the picture horizontally, in a linear proportion to fill the entire screen.
- Just Scan: Normally the edges of video signals are cropped 1-2%. Just Scan turns off this cropping and shows the complete video.
- Zoom: Choose Zoom when you want to view the picture without any alteration. However, the top and bottom portions of the picture will be cropped.
- Cinema Zoom: Choose Cinema Zoom when you want to enlarge the picture in correct proportion. This enlarges an image with cinemascope aspect ratio (2.35:1) without distortion.
- Set By Program: Selects the proper picture proportion to match the source's image (16:9 or 4:3).
Picture Wizard II (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG 55LW5600 TV's Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This feature takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes (Presets): There are factory presets for picture settings available in the user menu. You can use these preset modes or change each picture setting manually.
- Standard: This mode provides optimum viewing for general use.
- Vivid: Maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast, brightness, color, and sharpness.
- Cinema: Optimizes video for watching videos.
- Sport: Emphasizes dynamic video and primary color for optimum sports watching.
- Game: Provides fast response speed for fast gaming system.
- Expert: This mode allows you to adjust the video quality settings
manually. You can adjust the following.
- Backlight: This function adjusts the brightness of the backlight behind the LED-LCD screen. Adjusting the back-light is recommended when setting the brightness of the TV. When decreasing the backlight, the brightness of the black becomes darker without any loss in video signal and the power consumption is reduced.
- Contrast: Increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal. You may use Contrast when the bright part of the picture is saturated.
- Brightness: Adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture. You may use Brightness when the dark part of the picture is saturated.
- Sharpness: Adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture. The lower the level, the softer the image.
- Color: Adjusts intensity of all colors.
- Tint: Adjusts the balance between red and green levels.
- Color Temp: Set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue.
Picture Improvement Technology (Advanced Control): Advanced Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG LED-LCD TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Dynamic Color: Adjusts screen colors so that they look livelier, richer and clearer. This feature enhances hue, saturation and luminance so that red, blue and green white look more vivid.
- Skin Color: It detects the skin area of video and adjusts it to express a natural skin color.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- Digital Noise Reduction: Removes noise caused by compressing video.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Clear White: Makes the white area of screen brighter.
- Eye Care: Adjusts the brightness of the screen to prevent the screen from being too bright. Dims extremely bright pictures.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
- x.v.YCC: This feature produces richer colors from x.v.YCC compatible sources.
- Color Filter: This function filters specific colors in the video. You can use the RGB filter to set color saturation and hue accurately.
- Color Temperature: Adjust the overall color the screen by changing the white baseline.
- Color Management System: A tool that allows you to make adjustments by using test patterns; this does not affect other colors, but can be used to selectively adjust the 6 color areas (Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Mgt/Yellow).
ISFccc Ready: LG's ISFccc Ready HDTVs contain the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset modes for easy access from your LG remote
Note: Detailed calibration requires a licensed technician. Please contact your local dealer to inquire about an ISF certified technician.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection can passed as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI, USB, and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Infinite 3D Surround: Infinite 3D Surround is a patented LG proprietary sound processing technology that delivers immersive 5.1 surround sound with just two front speakers.
Sound Optimizer: This function optimizes the sound based on the environment in which the TV is installed (Normal, Wall-Mount, Stand).
Sound Modes: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality.
Tone Control: You can adjust the TV's Bass & Treble output.
Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
Audio Outputs: The LG HDTV features an optical digital output and headphone (3.5mm) output.
- Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner or LG Apps TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the television via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
- Headphone Output: The TV's 3.5mm headphone output lets you listen to the television's sound privately through a set of headphones. The headphone output has a max audio output of 10-15mW and impedance of 16-ohm.
PC-Compatible: This unit has a rear-panel 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen's Position, Size, and Phase.
Note: The LG LED-LCD TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Dual USB Ports: The television features dual USB (type-A) ports for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB mass storage class (MSC) device. This TV can playback still image files (JPEG), video files (DivX/MPEG), and audio files (MP3). Up to a 1,000 files/folders can be recognized per USB device. You can use up to 4 USB storage devices at a time by using a USB multi-card reader.
Note: The recommend capacity is 1TB or less for a USB external hard disc and 32GB or less for a USB memory. USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system provided with the Windows operating system.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: This TV can be connected to your home network via its Ethernet (LAN) port or via WiFi through its Wireless Broadband/DLNA USB Adapter (AN-WF100). If both options are available in your network, the wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Either network connection offers access to your PC movie/photo/music files and LG Apps.
Note: A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for connection to this TV. Use a standard LAN cable with this TV (Cat5 or better with a RJ45 connector). The inlcuded wireless network adapter operates at 2.4 GHz radio frequencies, which are also used by other household devices.
DLNA Certified: This TV is a DLNA Certified digital media product that can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home.
Note: The DLNA certification logo makes it easy to find products that comply with the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines. This unit complies with DLNA Interoperability Guidelines v1.5. When a PC running DLNA server software or other DLNA compatible device is connected to this TV, some setting changes of software or other devices may be required.
Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials: Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials is easy to use DLNA server software for Windows (CD-ROM software disc included). If you are already using DLNA server software on your PC, Nero MediaHome is not required. Nero MediaHome is not required for Windows 7 since it has a built-in DLNA server.
|Requirement PC System Before Installing Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials|
Compatible Audio/Video/Photo File Formats: The LG LED-LCD TV is compatible with the following video, still-image, and audio formats via USB and from your PC via a network connection.
|Video Files||Still Image Files||Audio Files|
Supported Movie Files:
||Supported Audio Files:
LG Apps TV: LG Apps TV allows you to access a variety of online services and content directly on the LG LED-LCD TV through a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (inlcuded WiFi adapter) network connection. LG Apps TV is an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos, and browse the web - all organized in a simple to use interface (known as Smart TV). LG Apps TV offers pay and free-of-charge instant streaming of movies, weather, videos, and photo album services. Once you have connected the LG TV to your home network and the internet, you can enjoy entertainment content, up-to-the minute news, weather updates, photo management, and more by simply using the TV's remote control and on-screen menu, without a separate PC.
- Premium Content: LG Apps TV offers Movie, Music, Photos, Sports,
News, Information, Social, and Game content from select online services.
- Movies: Netflix, Vudu HD, Cinema Now, Amazon, and Viewster
- Music: Napster and V-Tuner
- Photos: Picasa
- Sports: NBA scores and MLB.TV
- Information: Associated Press, Accuweather, and Google Maps
- Social: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Games: I-Play TV and Fun Spot
- LG Apps: Pay and free-of-charge online applications can be downloaded from the online LG App Store to the Samsung LED-LCD TV. You can choose from Games, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Education, and New/Info Apps. Once you download an App, its placed in your "My Apps" folder for quick & easy access.
- Keyword Search: You can enter a keyword search for particular online content.
- Web Browser: You can search for a particular website by URL (.com, .net, .org, etc..). Not all websites will be available for download, because of size.
Note: Internet connection & subscriptions required. A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is required. For the best playback condition, a connection speed of 4.0 Mbps is required.
USB Apps: If you have filled up all available space on the TV's internal flash-memory, you can store LG Apps to a USB storage device inserted into the TV's USB 2/Apps port. Up to 1,000 LG Apps can be stored as USB Apps. The USB device must be connected to access these downloaded USB Apps.
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's USB port
LG Smart TV: LG Smart TV is a unique, interactive, simple-to-use on-screen user-interface that allows you to watch TV while you search for premium online content, explore LG Apps, adjust picture settings, switch external inputs, and select between connected network devices - all from one menu screen. LG Smart TV offers the following on-screen menu functions.
- Home Dashboard: Home Dashboard is the home menu of the Smart TV, which provides a quick look at various content and services available on the Smart TV, allowing you to easily access them. You can watch your favorite TV shows in real time on the Live TV area while browsing the Smart TV menu. LG Smart TV remembers the most recently watched TV show and provides you with real-time information about the show you are watching, such as the channel number, channel name, TV show title and show time.
- TV Apps: You have easy access to LG's online app store, so you can download pay or free-of-charge TV apps. You also have easy access to your already downloaded LG Apps (My Folder).
- Premium Content: You have immediate access to the television's premium internet content for movies, music, photos, news, and lifestyle.
- External Devices: LG Smart TV can play photos, videos and music files stored on your external devices through the network. LG Smart TV is compatible with PC, Blu-ray player, smartphone, NAS and other devices that support DLNA. It is also certified with Microsoft Windows 7 compatibility, so you can play media content from the computer running Windows 7 on the Smart TV.
AV Modes: AV Mode is three preset picture and audio settings. It allows the viewer to quickly switch between common audio/video settings. It includes Cinema, Sports, and Game Modes. With AV Mode, you can easily select from one of three picture modes for "Cinema", "Sports," or "Games" to enjoy an optimized picture and sound experience.
Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
Input Label List: The LG HDTV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names to label each connected input.
Analog and Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Picture/Sound Test: This function is a customer support function that can execute picture and sound tests.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Key Lock: This feature can be used to prevent unauthorized viewing by locking out the front panel controls, so that it can only be used with the remote control.
ENERGY STAR Certified: Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. For TVs, it means they save energy both in Standby and On modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units.
Timers: The LED-LCD TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
Wireless External Equipment Connection: LG TVs with a proprietary Wireless Control port support the LG Wireless Media Box (AN-WL100W, sold separately). When you connect the wireless ready dongle (included with the media box) to the TV, external devices can be connected to the LG Wireless Media Box and video and audio will be sent to the TV wirelessly.
Illuminated Remote Control: The supplied IR remote control is designed to only operate the LG LED-LCD television and SIMPLINK connected components. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Magic Motion Remote: The included RF remote control uses a 2.4GHz frequency range (2.4-2.4835 GHz; 32-channels) to control the TV up to a distance of 30'. The RF remote operates the TV as if it were a wireless mouse. It allows you to point the remote at the TV and move through menu options. The RF remote contains the following buttons - Power, Home, Enter, Volume up/down, Channel up/down, and Mute.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select AV Device: Enables you to select one of the AV devices connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
- Switch Audio-Out: Offers an easy way to switch audio-out.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported
RS-232C Port: You can connect the RS-232C (serial port) input jack to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 20° left or right. The television weighs 57.7 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 6mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 48.5 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Attached AC Power Cord: The television feature an attached 5' AC power cord. The power cord is fitted with a straight AC plug that sits 2.0" from the wall.