Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Take a thrill ride in your living room
In any TV maker's lineup there are always a couple models that occupy the sweet spot — the best balance of performance, features and price. In LG's 2012 plasma TV family, one of those models is definitely the 60PM6700. It's a lot of TV for the money. Straight out of the box you'll enjoy a ridiculously good 2D picture, plus the option for an even more immersive 3D experience when you add some of LG's active 3D glasses.
Endless entertainment from the web
When you connect to your broadband Internet service you'll get access to a number of built-in web "apps" that let you instantly watch movies streamed from Netflix®, and order on-demand HD titles from Vudu®. You can even check out what your friends are up to on Facebook® or watch the latest viral videos on YouTube®. Wi-Fi® is built in so you can easily access these services and more using your wireless home network.
- 59.8" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen with black bezel and cabinet
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- displays 3D images when you wear LG's AG-S350 active 3D glasses (sold separately)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds 3D-like depth to non-3D video sources
- 600Hz Max Sub Field Driving for clear video motion
- 3,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more, (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix service)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix and Vudu (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) technology for direct wireless content transfer from compatible devices with no Wi-Fi network needed
- built-in web browser
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- Skype-compatible (requires LG camera sold separately)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- SIMPLINK simplifies remote control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 component video (one is selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.4
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 24-7/8"W x 14"D)
- wall-mountable (wall bracket not included)
- 54-5/8"W x 32-3/8"H x 2-7/8"D (34-7/8"H x 14"D on stand)
- weight: 89.5 lbs. with stand; 80.2 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 2 years panel, 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
The pros of plasma
If you're into picture quality, and you want a cinema-like home viewing experience, you owe it to yourself to check out plasma for your next TV. Plasma holds the edge when it comes to smooth motion and rich colors high-def movies and TV shows look effortlessly real. Plasma's superior picture contrast and deep black levels are best enjoyed in rooms without a lot of windows or lamps, where you can dim or darken the lights.
LG 60PM6700 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Fantastic tv.....This is my second LG 3D TV and love it
LG 60PM6700. Great Plasma Televsion.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
The LG 60PM6700 is a large 60" plasma television with a great picture quality. It is a sleek, thin design with an attractive dark bezel and dark frame. The dark colored base is functional and is not obstusive, it does not stand out or take focus off the picture screen.
Pros: The plasma picture is very good to outstanding. The picture has great clarity and provides a beautiful clear picture. The colors are magnificant, rich, great depth and vibrant. The contrasts and deep black levels are noticable and very good. This televison displays an outstanding smooth motion picture that puts you right into the state of the art move theater. The dvd's look amazing. On HD cable channels, the picture is very good to excellent. For the price point this television is great.
Cons: There is one problem with the LG 60 PM6700. This is the glass screen is very reflective in rooms where there is lights and sun coming into the room. In fact, it is so reflective, that you wuill see youself and background furniture in the screen. However, once the lights are turned off, or when the sun goes down and it becomes dark outside the picture is very good to magnificant and outstanding.
very nice tv
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
One of the best TV's I have ever bought
Great TV and Picture
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Got this sight unseen based off of Consumer Reports top picks. So far it has been a great choice. Picture quality is very good and setup was pretty easy and straight forward. The glossy finish can be annoying in a bright room with dark scenes, but a small price to pay for what you get. My biggest complaint would be the audio hook ups. There are no RCA Audio out or in, only Audio Optical Digital. If you have an older surround sound system that is not HDMI, it causes a headache for getting everything working properly. Overall a great TV for a good price, very pleased with the purchase and Crutchfield as always was great service and fast shipping.
Pros: Great picture quality
Cons: Lack of hook up connections aside from HDMI
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Great TV. Really glad I went for a plasma. Picture quality is outstanding. With my old (DLP) TV, contrast ratio was sorely lacking. Darker scenes in movies were muddy and lacking contrast, tough to see anything. No more! Great contrast and color. 3d looks great too>
Pros: Great picture quality, 3D rocks!
Cons: Really heavy. Buy a sturdy wall mount.
great budget tv
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
my kids needed a new tv because the samsung they had quit working. 90% of the time it is being used for gaming. from what i can tell the images appear very sharp and they are happier with the quicker response time. i already own a 55" lg led and have been quite satisfied with this brand. they're in a basement with very little light so plazma works well. great recommendation from my sales rep and speedy delivery. will definently recommend Crutchfield to others and use again.
Pros: great price. no shipping . great picture and ease of use
Great budget TV
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Very good quality for the price. I got this TV instead of an LED thinking the glare would not bother me. I actually went to a store to check the glare first, which I recommend you do too. I don't have any windows facing the TV, but when I lit up the room I can see everything reflecting on the TV, specially on dark images. I don't really mind this since I usually keep the lights low, but is something you should consider. Keep in mind this is a heavy TV, much heavier than LCD or LED. It doesn't bother me cause I won't move the TV from it's place until I decide to upgrade or move out. The quality of the TV is very good otherwise.
Pros: Cheap Good quality
Cons: Heavy Glare
Great picture but.....
Ease of Use
Right out of the box the tv has the "Soap opera effect"!!! That's when whatever is up front in the picture looks really clear but everything in the background looks fake. Almost like the people aren't Part of the background!!!! I was only able to remedy this by putting the tv on game mode which shuts off all the video processing features. I have called everyone, and apparently I need a new mother board, although I haven't heard back from the technician in 4 days! I could love the tv cause the picture is great and I feel like it will be so much more!!!!! It's just stupid that I've had to deal with almost sending it back after I just got it! I kept the box just in case if that help you decide!
Pros: Greta picture, 2d-3d is awesome,
Cons: 3D is a little complicated with Verizon fios, picture modes have soap opera effect!!!!!
What's in the box?
- 60" Plasma TV
- Stand base
- Stand body
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AKB73615336)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Protection cover
- Four M5 x 16mm screws (with flat-/lock-washers)
- Four M4 x 30mm screws (with flat-/lock-washers)
- Cable clip
- 2 Large ferrite cores
- 2 Small ferrite cores
- Owner's Manual booklet
- Smart TV Quick Setup Guide
- Product Registration Card
- Warranty Information
- Cleaning cloth instructions
Features and Specs
Protective Skin Glass: The LG Plasma TV's Protective Skin Glass delivers significant glass durability and safety, along with superior picture clarity.
Triple XD Engine: The LG PM6700 series Plasma TV utilizes LG's exclusive Triple XD Engine video processing system for optimum picture quality. The Triple XD Engine delivers a dynamic contrast ratio of 3,000,000:1 for stunning colors and deep blacks, so the TV's images are crisp, rich, and vibrant.
600Hz Max Sub Field Driving: The television's 600Hz refresh rate virtually eliminates motion blur for an incredible viewing experience of fact action sports, movies, and video games.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Video Resolution: The LG PM6700 series Plasma TV has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1920 x 1080 (1080p); regardless of input signal. The LG Plasma HDTV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI (v1.4): The four HDMI v1.4 inputs can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, or satellite/cable box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 2 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI jacks will accept 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals; as well as support Deep Color, x.v.Color, and 3D content. The television's HDMI inputs do not accept 480i video signals.
- Component Video: The two Component Video input swill accept 1080p (60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
- Composite: The component video 2 input can also be used as a composite video input and will accept 480i only.
Active 3D TV: This Plasma TV can display 3D (three-dimensional) video when received from a 3D compatible device. 3D video contains two pictures for each video frame formatted for each eye. Therefore, special 3D glasses are required to view 3D video. The optional LG RF-based 3D glasses (689AGS350, sold separately) enable you to view 3D video and images on this 3D-ready Plasma television from a 3D-ready source; such as a Blu-ray player, Game system, or Satellite receiver. The wireless 3D glasses communicate seamlessly with the LG 3D-ready TV via it's built-in Bluetooth (2.4GHz) emitter. The result is a beautiful, full HD 1080p three-dimensional experience that brings you closer to the action from the comfort of your home. The LG Plasma TV offers several 3D modes to match various 3D content.
|Input||Resolution||Playable 3D Video Format|
|HDMI-DTV||480p||Frame Packing, Side by Side, Top & Bottom|
|720p||Side by Side, Tope & Bottom, Single Frame Sequential|
|1080i||Frame Packing, Side-by Side, Top & Bottom|
|1080p||Frame Packing, Side by Side, Tope & Bottom, Checkerboard|
|HDMI-PC||1024 x 768, 1360 x 768||Side by Side, Top & Bottom|
|1920 x 1080||Side by Side, Top & Bottom, Checkerboard, Single Frame Sequential|
|RGB-PC||1024 x 768, 1360 x 768, 1920 x 1080||Side by Side, Top & Bottom|
|Component||720p, 1080i||Side by Side, Top & Bottom|
|USB||1080p||Side by Side, Top & Bottom, Checker Board, Single Frame Sequential|
|DLNA||1080p||Side by Side, top & Bottom, Checker Board, Single Frame Sequential|
|DTV||720p, 1080i||Side by Side, Top & Bottom|
Note: The LG Plasma 3D-ready TV along with the LG's active shutter glasses provide a wide, clear view of the action with a 6.5-22.9' and 120° viewing range. To experience LG's 3D technology on this Plasma TV, you will need LG's 3D Active Shutter Glasses (AG-S350), an HDMI (ver.1.4) connected 3D source (such as a Blu-ray player or Satellite receiver), and 3D content.
2D-to-3D: 2D images can be transformed to 3D images. If you are watching a 2D digital broadcast (720p/1080i), the television can transform those two-dimensional images to virtual 3D images. You can manually adjust the 3D depth effect.
Note: Analog TV and 480i/480p 2D images cannot be viewed in 3D (three-dimensional) mode.
Picture Size (Aspect Ratio): You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input).
- 16:9: Resizes the image ratio to fit 16:9 screen.
- Just Scan: Displays high-quality image without loss. Only available in DTV, HDMI, or Component (over 720p) mode).
- Set by Program: Depending on the input signal, screen aspect ratio changes to 4:3 or 16:9.
- 4:3: Resizes the image ratio to fit 4:3 screen.
- Zoom: Resizes the image to fit the screen width. The top and bottom parts of the image may be cut off.
- Cinema Zoom: Formats an image to the cinemascope ratio (2.35:1) and zooms in on the ratio.
Picture Wizard II (Picture Control): This feature lets you adjust the picture quality of the original image. The LG PM6700 series TV's Picture Wizard II (Easy Picture Calibration) offers self-calibration with on-screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. This feature takes the guesswork out of picture adjustments.
Picture Modes: The LG Plasma TV provides auto, preset, and manual adjustment of the television's picture settings.
- Intelligent Sensor: Let the TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. The LG Plasma TV's Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience. Unlike other sensors which can only sense brightness of ambient light, LG's "Intelligent Sensor" uses 4,096 sensing steps to evaluate its surroundings. Using a sophisticated algorithm, the LG processes picture quality elements including brightness, contrast, color, sharpness and white balance. The result is a picture optimized for its surroundings, more pleasing to watch and which can also save up to 50% in power consumption.
- Presets: Easy to use factory presets for picture mode settings include APS (maximizes video images while reducing power consumption, without hurting picture quality), Standard (provides optimum viewing for general use), Vivid (maximizes the effect of the video by strengthening the contrast/brightness/color/sharpness), Cinema (optimizes video for watching videos), Game (provides fast response speed for fast gaming system).
- User Adjustment: This mode allows you to adjust the video quality settings manually. Contrast (increase or decrease the gradient of the video signal), Brightness (adjusts the base level of the signal in the picture), Sharpness (adjusts the level of crispness in the edges between the light and dark areas of the picture), Color (adjusts intensity of all colors), Tint (adjusts the balance between red and green levels), Color Temp (set to warm to enhance hotter colors such as red, or set to cool to enhance cooler colors such as blue).
- Expert Mode: The LG Plasma TV is ISFccc Ready and contains the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset Expert 1/2 modes for easy access from your LG remote.
Picture Improvement Technology (Advanced Control): Advanced Control allows you to adjust some of the advanced video features of the LG Plasma TV.
- Dynamic Contrast: Adjusts the contrast to keep it at the best level according to the brightness of the screen. The picture is improved by making bright parts brighter and dark parts darker.
- Preferred Color: Set the Skin, Grass, and Sky color independently.
- Super Resolution: Provides a crystal-clear picture by impr0ving the details in an area that has a blurry or unclear picture.
- Gamma: You can adjust the brightness of dark areas and middle gray level areas of the picture.
- Color Gamut: Maximizes the utilization of colors to increase color quality.
- Edge Enhancer: Shows clearer and distinctive, yet natural edges of the video.
Additional Picture Options: Additional picture options include:
- Black Level: Sets the black level of the screen to the proper level.
- Noise Reduction: Reduces screen noise without compromising video quality.
- Film Mode: Makes video clips recorded in a film look more natural by eliminating judder effect.
Image Sticking Minimization (ISM): A frozen still picture displayed on the screen for prolonged periods can result in a ghost image. The TV's ISM prevents images from sticking or removes ghost images. There are 3 ISM modes.
- Normal: If image sticking is never a problem, ISM is not necessary - set to Normal.
- Orbiter: Orbiter may help prevent ghost images. However, it is best not to allow any fixed image to remain on the screen. To avoid a ghost image on the screen, the image will move every 2 minutes.
- Color Wash: The color block with the screen moved a little and the white pattern are alternately displayed. It is difficult to see the after image on all colors. Once it has been corrected it will not be visible in any color.
Sound Optimizer: This function optimizes the sound based on the environment in which the TV is installed (Normal, Wall-Mount, Stand).
Virtual Surround: Infinite Surround is a patented LG proprietary sound processing technology that delivers immersive 5.1 surround sound with just two front speakers.
Sound Modes: Sound Mode lets you enjoy the best sound without any special adjustment using factory presets. Standard, Music, Cinema, Sport, and Game are preset for optimum sound quality. You can also adjust the TV's sound manually by using the 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
Clear Voice II: Clear Voice II enhances and amplifies the frequency range of the human voice to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume makes sure that the volume level remains consistent whether you are watching a commercial or a regular TV program. Because each broadcasting station has its own signal conditions, volume adjustment may be needed every time the channel is changed. This feature allows users to enjoy stable volume levels by making automatic adjustments for each program.
Screen Off: You can turn the screen off and only sound is played through the television's speakers.
Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the television via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI, USB, and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: This TV can be connected to your home network via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi. If both options are available in your network, the wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Either network connection offers access to your PC movie/photo/music files, LG Apps, and the Internet.
Note: A 10 Base-T or 100 Base-TX LAN port is required for connection to this TV. Use a standard LAN cable with this TV (Cat5 or better with a RJ45 connector). The included wireless network adapter operates at 2.4 GHz radio frequencies, which are also used by other household devices.
LG Apps TV: LG Apps TV allows you to access a variety of online services and content directly on the LG Plasma TV through a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) network connection. LG Apps TV is an easy way to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos, and browse the web; all organized in a simple to use interface (known as Smart TV). LG Apps TV offers pay and free-of-charge instant streaming of movies, weather, videos, and photo album services. Once you have connected the LG TV to your home network and the internet, you can enjoy entertainment content, up-to-the minute news, weather updates, photo management, and more by simply using the TV's remote control and on-screen menu; all without a separate PC.
|Movies||Netflix 5.1: Unlimited Movies & TV episodes: For only $7.99 a month, instantly watch unlimited movies & TV episodes streaming over the Internet to your LG Smart TV.|
|Hulu+: Hulu Plus lets you watch current hit TV shows, classic series, and acclaimed movies anytime in HD for $7.99/month with limited advertising.|
|Vudu: VUDU offers an enormous collection of streaming HD movies and TV shows, available in stunning 1080p with rich Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound. New releases are available for on-demand streaming the same day they're released on physical DVD, and are available for rental or purchase without a subscription.|
|CinemaNow: CinemaNow is a digital entertainment service that offers instant access to an extensive library of premium video content for rental or purchase, including new release movies and TV shows, with no subscription required. Seamlessly access content directly from your LG Smart TV.|
|vTuner: Access web-based radio stations, TV shows and podcasts via an extremely reliable database with a wide variety of content and additional information like genre, quality, status, location, and even station schedule services.|
|MOG: MOG is an award-winning, on-demand music service with a massive catalog of over 11 million songs. Listen to true 'artist-only' radio, and explore New Releases, Chart Toppers, Editors' Picks, and playlists created by your favorite artists.|
|Sports||MLB: MLB.tv Live Baseball Games in HD Quality Watch every out-of-market game live.|
|NHL: Watch up to 40 live out-of-market games every week with your NHL GameCenter LIVE subscription. Plus, get unlimited access to the NHL Vault digital archives, including condensed and full-length game replays from recent seasons, as well as over 800 classic games. NHL Vault subscribers can access game replays as well as classic games.|
|Information||Google Maps: Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.|
|AP: The Associated Press ("AP") is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats.|
|ACCU Weather: Local forecasts for everywhere in the United States and over two million locations worldwide.|
|Social||Picasa Web Albums: Follow your interests: instant updates from your friends, industry experts, favorite celebrities, and what's happening around the world.|
|Facebook: Millions of people use Facebook everyday to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, share links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.|
|Twitter: Instantly connect to what's most important to you. Follow your friends, experts, favorite celebrities, and breaking news.|
|Skype: Requires optional USB-compatible camera (sold separately by LG) and Skype account.|
|YouTube: YouTube Leanback is the version of YouTube that is optimized for viewing user-generated content directly from your LG Smart TV device without a PC.|
|Games||Funspot: The Funspot contains games in a range of categories such as board, arcade, quizzes, puzzles, casinos, kids, and more.|
Note: Visit LG Smart TV for the latest compatible apps. Internet connection & subscriptions required. A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is required. For the best playback condition, a connection speed of 4.0 Mbps is required.
Web Browser: The LG Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL (.com, .net, .org, etc..). The web browser supports up to Flash 10, but does not support platform-dependent technology like ActiveX. The web browser only replays the following media file formats; JPEG/PNG/GIF/WMV (ASF)/WMA/MP3/MP4). Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
DLNA Certified: This TV is a DLNA Certified digital media product that can display and play movie, photo, and music content from your DLNA Certified network device and DLNA server (such as your Windows 7 PC). The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a cross-industry organization of consumer electronics, computing industry and mobile device companies. Digital Living provides consumers with easy sharing of digital media through a wired or wireless network in the home. Nero MediaHome 4 Essentials is easy to use online DLNA server software for Windows. If you are already using DLNA server software on your PC, Nero MediaHome is not required. Nero MediaHome is not required for Windows 7 since it has a built-in DLNA server.
|1.2 GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Sempron 2200+ processor|
|OS||Windows XP (SP 2 or higher) Windows Vista (no SP required), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (SP 2 or higher), Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista 64-bit edition (application runs in 32-bit mode)|
|Hard Drive Space||200 MB hard drive space|
|Memory||256 MB RAM|
|Graphics Card||at least 32 MB video memory, minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels, and 16-bit color settings|
|Internet:||Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher|
|Software||DirectX 9.0c revision 30 (Aug. 2006) or higher|
|Network Environment||100 Mb Ethernet, WLAN (IEE 802.11b/g/n)|
Note: The DLNA certification logo makes it easy to find products that comply with the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines. This unit complies with DLNA Interoperability Guidelines v1.5. When a PC running DLNA server software or other DLNA compatible device is connected to this TV, some setting changes of software or other devices may be required.
Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) Technology: The LG PM6700 series Plasma TV features built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology for direct wireless content transfer from compatible devices with no Wi-Fi network needed. Now, you can enjoy all of your personal and online content on the big screen with a simple wireless connection. With a laptop featuring Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) and powered by a visibly smart 2nd generation Intel Core processor, you can sit back and experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows, and more in full HD on the LG Smart TV with great image clarity and sound.
Dual USB Ports: The television features two USB type-A ports (USB, USB HUB/Apps) for playback of video, still image, and music files stored on a connected USB memory device; as well as storage of additional apps. The television can support USB external hard disc drives (up to 2TB) and USB mass storage class devices (up to 32GB). You can connect up to 4 USB storage devices at a time to the USB HUB input using a USB hub. The USB storage devices must be formatted as FAT 32 or NTFS file system. This TV can playback still image files, video files, and audio files stored on a compatible USB memory device. You can also use USB App port to store additional apps. If you have filled up all available space on the TV's internal flash-memory, you can store LG Apps to a USB storage device inserted into the TV's USB Apps port. The USB device must be connected to access these downloaded USB Apps.
|Type||Supported File Formats|
|Video||File Type: MPEG,
MKV, DivX, AVI, Motion JPEG, WMV
Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Maximum Bit Rate: 20 Mbps
Baseline Resolution: 64 x 64 to 15360 x 8640
Progressive Resolution: 64 x 64 to 1920 x 1440
Bit Rate: 32-320 kbps
Sampling Rate: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
PC-Compatible: This unit has a rear-panel 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo minijack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. The HDMI 2 input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen's Position, Size, and Phase. The LG Plasma TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Software Update: You can update the TV with the latest software to enhance the product operation and/or add new features via the TV's network connection. The tested TV contained software version 03.00.12 and required an immediate update of firmware version 03.00.29 (as of 6/29/2012). Visit LG's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
LG Smart TV: LG Smart TV is a unique, interactive, simple-to-use on-screen user-interface that allows you to watch TV while you search for premium online content, explore LG Apps, adjust picture settings, switch external inputs, and select between connected network devices; all from one menu screen on the LG Plasma TV.
AV Modes: AV Mode is three preset picture and audio settings. It allows the viewer to quickly switch between common audio/video settings. It includes Cinema, Sports, and Game Modes. With AV Mode, you can easily select from one of three picture modes; Cinema (optimized for movies), Games (optimized for gaming), or Off (optimized for basic viewing) to enjoy an optimized picture and sound experience.
Favorite Channels: Favorite Channels are a convenient feature that lets you quickly select channels of your choice without waiting for the TV to search through all the in-between channels. You can check which channels are stored in the memory by displaying the favorite channel list.
Input Label List: The LG HDTV will only display inputs which are connected to the television. You can select from preset names to label each connected input.
Analog/Digital Caption Modes: Analog and Digital Captions are provided to help the hearing impaired watch TV. Select a caption mode for displaying captioning information if provided on a program. Analog caption displays information at any position on the screen and is usually the program's dialog. Caption/Text, if provided by the broadcaster, would be available for both digital and analog channels on the Antenna/Cable. This TV is programmed to memorize the caption/text mode which was last set when you turned the power off.
Picture/Sound Test: This function is a customer support function that can execute picture and sound tests.
Parental Control: Parental Control can be used to block specific channels, ratings, and other viewing sources (external input block). The Parental Control Function is used to block program viewing based on the ratings sent by the broadcasting station. The default setting is to allow all programs to be viewed. Viewing can be blocked by choosing the type of the program and the categories. It is also possible block a specific channel. The Parental Control function is protected by a 4-digit user password.
Timers: The Plasma TV employs On, Off, and Sleep Timer functions.
- Auto On/Off: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).
On-Screen User Guide: The television's User Guide is built into the TV, so you can view it on-screen.
IR Remote Control: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the LG Plasma television and SIMPLINK connected components. The numeric keypad, volume up/down, channel up/down, and input buttons are glow-in-the-dark.
SIMPLINK: SIMPLINK allows you to control and play other LG AV devices connected with HDMI cable without additional cables and settings, from the television's remote control. SIMPLINK provides the following remote functions.
- Sync Power On: When the equipment with SIMPLINK function connected HDMI terminal starts to play, The TV will automatically turn on.
- Direct Play: After connecting AV devices to the TV, you can directly control the devices and play media without additional settings.
- Select AV Device: Enables you to select one of the AV devices connected to the TV.
- Disc Playback: Control playback of connected Blu-ray and DVD players.
- Switch Audio-Out: Offers an easy way to switch audio-out.
- Power Off All Devices: When you power off the TV, all connected devices are turned off.
Note: To operate SIMPLINK, an HDMI cable over Version 1.3 with CEC function should be used. This TV may work with devices with HDMI-CEC support, but only devices with the "SIMPLINK" logo are fully supported.
RS-232C Port (Control & Service): The RS-232C on this TV is intended to be used with third party RS-232C control hardware and software. The RS-232C port allows you connect the RS-232C input jack to an external control device (such as a computer or an A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 20° left or right. The television weighs 89.5 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately). The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 600mm horizontal x 400mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 8mm machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 80.2 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The television includes a detachable 5' AC power cord which plugs into the rear-panel of the TV. The AC cord protrudes 0.25" from the rear-panel of the television (already accounted for in overall depth of TV). The power cord is fitted with a straight AC plug that sits 2.0625" from the wall.