Our take on the LG 65UB9500
For the first time, see every detail and every color
Remember when you brought home your first HDTV? For the first week/month/year, every time you sat down to watch, you thought to yourself, "Now that's a great picture." LG's 4K Ultra HD 65UB9500 will bring back that sensation in a big way. Its 4K resolution screen has over 8 million pixels, allowing it to display four times the detail of 1080p HDTVs. You practically have to put your nose up against the screen to discern individual pixels. 4K offers the best TV picture you can get.
The 65UB9500's future-ready design includes “HEVC” decoding, which means it can display streamed 4K Netflix® content with no additional gear needed. That capability will become even more essential as more video services begin streaming 4K content later this year.
What makes LG's 4K TVs different
We've noticed that 4K TVs in general offer better-than-average off-axis picture quality, and LG's models are especially impressive in this regard. The reason is LG's IPS panel technology, which keeps picture contrast and color looking crisp even as you moved around to the sides of the screen. It makes a big difference when you're watching with a group of friends or family.
Another feature that separates this TV from the pack is its 10-bit LCD panel. Nearly all LCD TVs use 8-bit panels, which can produce over 16 million shades of color. The 65UB9500 uses a 10-bit panel, which increases color resolution to over a billion shades. You'll see vivid hues and subtle shades and blends you've probably never seen before — except in real life.
The 65UB9500's powerful video processing will provide a picture quality boost for all your viewing. LG's Tru-ULTRA HD Engine upscales every video source to enhance the details of all broadcasts, movies, sports and games. It's a 4-step process that involves heavy-duty analysis of the picture data in order to remove as much noise as possible so that the upscaled picture is as clean as possible.
Smart TV features made point-and-click easy
The 65UB9500's built-in web apps give you instant access to a nearly limitless selection of entertainment — streamed video from services like Netflix®, YouTube®, and Hulu Plus®. The new webOS user interface lets you customize your home screen to access the apps you use most, and easily switch between them.
LG's latest motion-sensing Magic Remote is simple and fun to use. You can point, click, scroll and even speak into the remote to find exactly what you want, searching across apps, movies, TV shows and the web... all at the same time! It's a lot like using a wireless videogame controller or an air mouse.
Got questions about HDMI cables? See our HDMI cable buying guide.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- 64.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- glossy screen
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- Ultra High Definition TV with "4K" screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- HEVC for compatibility with streamed 4K content from sources like Netflix® (requires Internet connection speed of at least 20Mbps)
- displays 3D images when you wear LG's passive 3D glasses (2 pairs of glasses are included)
- 2D-to-3D conversion adds 3D-like depth to non-3D video sources
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel provides excellent off-axis viewing
- 10-bit panel can display over one billion colors
- LED edge backlight
- Ultra Clarity Index 1500 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning)
- Tru-ULTRA HD Engine upscales standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
- Internet-ready Smart TV plays Netflix® video and more (subscription required for some services)
- supports up to 5.1-channel audio with streaming movie services like Netflix (audio quality depends on your connection speed)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- MHL-compatible HDMI input for viewing photos/videos from a compatible smartphone on the TV's screen
- built-in 2.1 speaker system (10 watts x 2 plus 15 watts for woofer)
- motion-sensing Magic Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone as a remote control
- SIMPLINK simplifies control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 4 HDMI 2.0
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output (may only pass 2-channel audio from HDMI-connected sources)
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 3 USB inputs for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable stand
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 57-1/4"W x 33-13/16"H x 2-7/16"D (36"H x 11-13/16"D on stand)
- weight: 76.7 lbs. with stand; 74.3 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee