Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
If you want a complete, compact marine sound system that packs a nice little kick, this Poly-Planar system includes everything you need to play your iPod or other portable music player on your boat. And you can use it on dry land too — it's great for vehicles like ATVs and golf carts.
The speaker system features two waterproof white speakers with integrated brackets, plus a small but potent subwoofer mounted in a sturdy box. A compact 4-channel amp kicks out the jams, sending 20 watts to each of the speakers and 40 watts to the sub. You connect your music player to the amp through a panel-mount 3.5mm mini-jack input, and control the sound level with a panel-mount volume control.
- compact marine audio system
- 4-channel ME-60 amplifier with panel-mount mini-jack input
- pair of MA-7500 waterproof speakers (3" drivers) with integrated brackets
- compact MS-55 subwoofer with 5-1/4" dual voice coil woofer
- external mount volume control with on/off switch
- dimensions: 7-11/16"H x 5-1/8"W x 4-11/16"D (speakers); 8-5/8"W x 11-1/2"L x 4-13/16"H (sub); 6-15/16"W x 4-1/2"L x 1-7/16"H (amp)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Poly-Planar Marine Audio System Reviews
What's in the box?
- One large box contains 3 smaller boxes and a plastic bag (MA-7500 box/MS-55S box/ME-60 box/IC-3.5PM bag)
- The MA-7500 Marine Speaker box contains:
- 2 White marine box speakers with attached 10' speaker wire
- 2 Mounting brackets (installed)
- 8 Mounting screws
- 8 Flat washers
- The MA-55S Marine Sub box contains:
- Grey Marine box subwoofer
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Limited Warranty Certificate
- The ME-60 Marine Amplifier box contains:
- Compact marine amplifier
- Wired remote control (with attached 9' cable terminated by a 3.5mm minijack connector)
- Four 12" speaker leads (Gray/White/Purple/Green) with male and femal bullet connectors on one end and bare wire on other end
- One 12" red power lead with a female bullet connector on one end and bare wire on other end
- One 12" black ground lead with a male bullet connector on one end and bare wire on other end
- One 12" blue turn-on lead with a female bullet connector on one end and bare wire on other end
- 4 Mounting screws
- Instruction Manual
- The IC-3.5PM MP3 adapter plastic bag contains:
- 4' Stereo male RCA to 3.5mm female connector
- 4' Minijack cable with a male 3.5mm connector on each end
- Introduction Sheet
Features and Specs
Overview: The Poly-Planar MP3-Kit 7 is a waterproof marine audio system that allows you to listen to your portable MP3 audio player through installed marine audio components on your watercraft or off-road vehicle. The Poly-Planar MP3-Kit 7 includes a 120 watt waterproof amplifier (ME-60) with separate panel mount waterproof volume control knob, panel mount 3.5mm MP3 adapter (IC3.5-PM) for your MP3 player, a pair of box waterproof speakers (MA-7500), and box subwoofer (MS-55). The MP3-Kit 7 provides the ability to have stereo sound on a small watercraft such as Jet Ski, inflatable's, or tenders. Its also, a perfect solution for off-road vehicles, motorcycles, ATVs, and golf carts. The MP3-Kit 7 is easily installed where space is a premium. The ME-60 amplifier can be mounted underneath a seat or inside the boat's structure. The IC3.5-PM MP3 adapter and Volume Control can be mounted on the dash or inside the stowage compartment. And with the included Poly-Planar waterproof speakers and subwoofer, you'll have crisp, clear stereo sound on the go.
Marine Rated: The Poly-Planar ME-60 marine amplifier's corrosion resistant enclosure is waterproof (IP65) and designed for use in harsh marine environments. Its compact, water resistant design allows for flexible mounting possibilities on your boat.
4-Channel Amp: The ME-60 is a 4-channel audio amplifier capable of delivering up to 30W RMS per channel (20-40,000Hz). This 4-channel marine amplifier can power up to eight 4-ohm speakers. It can handle impedance loads ranging from 2 to 8 ohms.
- Output Power (2-ohm load): 30W x 4ch (RMS rating)
- Output Power (4-ohm load): 20W x 4ch (RMS rating)
Distortion Limiting Circuitry: The marine amplifier utilizes distortion limiting circuitry that helps prevent harsh distortion and provides better sound quality for your system.
Amplifier Controls: The amplifier's control switches and gain settings are hidden behind a watertight rubber plug on the side of the amp.
- Input Level: This switch selects the input sensitivity of the amplifier. You can select between either a Low-level or Hi-level input through the amp's RCA connections. If you are connecting the amplifier to a preamp output on your stereo then use the Low-level setting. Use the Hi-level setting if you are connecting the amplifier using the supplied MP3 adapter cable to your MP3 or other portable audio device through the headphone output.
- Low Pass Filter: The amp's low pass filter switch is used optimize the rear channels for either full-range speakers (20-20kHz) or a subwoofer (18-245Hz).
- Gain Control: This control adjusts the overall level of the amplifier to match the amplifiers input voltage with your head unit's or other audio source output voltage.
- Wired Remote Control: The ME-60 marine amp comes supplied with a wired remote control rotary volume knob for added convenience. The wired rotary knob features a self-adhesive backing for mounting the wired remote to a flat surface on your boat. The rotary knob features a 9' cable that plugs into the volume control port on the side of the amplifier.
Amplifier Connections: The marine amplifier features the following connections.
- Input: Stereo RCA audio input on a 4" pigtail for connecting your audio source device.
- Volume Control: 3.5mm minijack plug on 4" pigtail used to connect the supplied waterproof wired remote volume control.
- Power/Ground/Turn-On: The 7" black & red wires of the Power connection should by connected directly to the 12 Volt battery, power supply or main fuse block using wire 16-AWG or larger. The red power lead features an in-line 15A fuse. The 7" blue remote wire connects to your head unit, an on/off toggle switch, or an accessory circuit to turn on the amplifier.
- Speaker Output: The 7" white, gray, green, purple speaker wires connect to 2 pair of loudspeakers (Front left, Front right, Rear left, Rear right).
- Width = 6.875"
- Height = 1.5625"
- Depth = 4.1875"
Marine Rated: The Poly-Planar marine speakers & sub are waterproof and corrosion proof and designed for permanent outdoor mounting in the saltwater environment. The speakers can even be hosed down when cleaning your boat. The speakers are also UV stabilized for protection against damage from exposure to sunlight.
Pair of Waterproof Speakers: The Poly-Planar MP3-Kit 7 includes a pair of 2-way marine box speakers. The marine box speakers include multi-function gimble mount brackets. These brackets may be mounted either horizontally or vertically. For security, the speakers can be easily removed with the brackets left in place. Each speaker features an attached 10' speaker wire to connect to the marine amp.
Waterproof Subwoofer: The MS-55 is a compact, waterproof subwoofer designed to work in concert with the Poly-Planar marine box speakers and amplifier. It provides the low-frequency audio that smaller speakers cannot produce. The marine box subwoofer features a computer optimized acoustic design with a highly-efficient, long-throw, dual-voice coil driver. The MS-55's small size allows it to be mounted in a variety of hidden locations while providing rich, accurate bass. The rubber isolation feet prevent any unwanted vibration. An attached 5" speaker wire connects to the marine amplifier.
- Waterproof Speakers:
- Width = 5.125"
- Height = 7.875"
- Depth = 5.0"
- Waterproof Sub:
- Width = 11.5"
- Height = 4.75"
- Depth = 8.5"
MP3 Adapter: The Poly-Planar MP3 adapter is 4' long and features stereo RCA male connectors on one end and a mountable female 3.5mm minijack plug that uses a waterproof rubber protection plug on the other end. The adapter allows you to connect a portable MP3 or other portable audio source that uses a 3.5mm minijack output to the included marine amplifier through the amps stereo RCA preamp inputs. The panel-mountable 3.5mm plug requires a 3/4" diameter hole for installation and features a plastic nut to secure the plug in place.
Extension Cable: The MP3 adapter also comes with a 4' minijack extension cable that features a 3.5mm male minijack connector on each end. One end plugs into the MP3 adapter's panel-mount plug while the other end plugs into the headphone or audio output of your portable MP3 player.