Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This Kenwood bass package includes a 900-watt mono amplifier, two 10" subwoofers, and a sealed dual 10" enclosure so you can enjoy all the fullness and thrill of powerful bass in your music. All you need to add is wiring for a complete sub system.
KAC-9105D mono sub amp
The Kenwood KAC-9105D mono amp punches out up to 900 watts RMS to the two 10" subwoofers. A rugged cast-aluminum heatsink keeps this amp running at optimal temperatures, even when you're pushing your system hard. A built-in low-pass filter lets you adjust the output so you'll get the best sound possible from these subs in the Sound Ordnance enclosure. And you can dial in up to 18 dB of bass boost if you want to fatten up the thump. Speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on allow these amps to hook up to almost any radio without having to run a separate turn-on lead.
Two KFC-W2513PS 10" subwoofers
Each 4-ohm KFC-W2513PS Performance Series 10" sub handles up to 300 watts RMS, so two of them will work well with the KAC-9105D. The diamond-array patterned cones resist flexing, for strong and clean bass notes. A tough rubber surround accommodates the extra-long cone excursion that pumps up the volume. And a dual vent cooling system makes sure the sub keeps running, even during long, loud jams.
Sound Ordnance dual 10" sealed enclosure
Sound Ordnance's rugged Bass Bunker BB102-75S sealed enclosure holds two 10" subwoofers and offers an internal volume of 0.76 cubic feet per chamber. This unloaded enclosure features high-grade, medium-density fiberboard construction, with sealed inner braces that help combat resonance by reducing vibrations.
Important Note: The power of the amp in this bass package exceeds the manufacturer's recommended power handling for the included sub(s). It's OK to overpower your subs, as long as you set the amp's gain controls properly to avoid distortion. This diagram shows you how to wire up the sub(s) in this package.
- package includes KAC-9105D amp, two KFC-W2513PS 10" subs, and Sound Ordnance sealed dual 10" enclosure
KAC-9105D mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (900 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- subsonic filter (15 or 25 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-3/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
KFC-W2513PS 10" 4-ohm subwoofers (pair)
- diamond-array polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- power range: 50-300 watts RMS
- frequency response: 39-300 Hz
- sensitivity: 82 dB
- warranty: 1 year
BB102-75S sealed enclosure
- hatchback style enclosure for two 10" subwoofers
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- dimensions: 26-3/4"W x 13-7/16"H x 11-5/8"D1 x 8-1/2"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood 900-watt Dual 10" Bass Package Reviews
Average Customer Review:
First of all I would like to say this is by far one of the worst bass packages you can get. You get a great amp dont get me wrong but that is not the problem. The problem occurs when you get an amp that puts out 900watts at 2ohms but then you get a pair of these Kenwood subwoofers that can only handle 300rms a piece. Mhmm you do the math that 150rms overpowering each sub which equals the subs to blow! Which my subs did. And yes you could wire the amp down to 4ohms and putt out only 500watts but then you would be underpowering the subwoofers which defeats the purpose of buying this package. The sad thing is Crutchfield tech support wont bother to let you know that you DONT need to wire your subs at 2ohms because they will blow. And yet you will continue to have to spend money buying subs that "according to Crutchfield" can handle being played at 2ohms when in fact the subwoofers they have always refered me to get have been way over the rms they can handle. Highly upset.....Always look up from the actually manufacture first because a lot of the time when Crutchfield says it can handle this or an amp puts out this many watts at these ohms is in fact incorrect when researched on the actually manufacture.
Cons:Crutchfield response on October 24, 2011 Thanks for the feedback. This package was put together by Kenwood engineers. At first glance, it seemed like it was more power than what was needed. But they paid us a visit to demonstrate the system under real-world conditions. We gave it a pretty good torture test, and at the end of a long day, we were convinced that it's a great sounding combination. The bass response was exceptionally full and tight and showed absolutely no signs of the power supply section struggling to keep up even under heavy low frequency demand. We've sold quite a few, and the return rate is near zero. Here are some tips to protect your subs: put some stuffing inside your box, seal it up tight, and adjust your amp's gain control to eliminate distortion.
What's in the box?
- Kenwood 900-Watt Dual 10" Bass Package
- Kenwood KAC-9105D Amp: Mono amplifier (with three 30-amp fuses inserted into the chassis)
- Speaker-level input harness
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Warranty Card
- Kenwood KFC-W2513PS Subwoofers: Two 10" SVC woofers
- 2 Plastic trim rings
- Sixteen 1-1/4" Self-tapping screws
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Cardboard template
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese)
- Warranty information
- Sound Ordnance BB102-75S Bass Bunker: Dual hatchback-style enclosure for 10" subwoofers with spring-post terminals
Class D Amplifier Design: The KAC-9105D is a Class D mono-block amplifier, which uses digital switching to amplify audio signals. This design results in high efficiency and less heat.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The amplifier utilizes a MOSFET switching power supply providing thermal stability and efficient switching speeds guaranteeing performance and dependability.
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Kenwood KAC-9105D is designed with specific features to power your subwoofers with a frequency range between 10-200 Hz. The amplifier can handle impedance loads down to 1-ohm.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The KAC-9105D's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. Amplifier Power Ratings:
- Mono-Channel (4-ohm): 500 watts x 1 channel RMS (20-200 Hz, 1% THD)
- Mono-Channel (2-ohm): 900 watts x 1 channel RMS (100 Hz, 1% THD)
- Mono-Channel (1-ohm): over 900 watts x 1 channel
- Peak Power: 1800 watts x 1 channel
Note: This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Cast Aluminum Heat Sink: The Kenwood KAC-9105D utilizes a cast aluminum heat sink design to ensure that the amplifier stays at its optimal temperature.
Fan Cooled: There are two fans and two vents located on the back side of the amplifier to help dissipate heat and ensure cool, reliable operation. Make sure not to block these vents or fans when you install the amplifier.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- Speaker output contacts ground
- Speaker wire short-circuits
- Unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
Aluminum Cover Plate: The amplifier's controls and connections are hidden under a removable extruded aluminum cover plate. The cover plate provides a professional looking installing while helping to protect the amplifier's connections and control settings. The cover is held in place by two hex head screws. An allen-wrench is supplied to remove the cover.
Blue/Red Illumination: The Kenwood Mono-Channel amplifier features a blue and red LED illumination when the amplifier is turned on. When the power is turned on to the amplifier, the Power indicator will light up red. This indicator will turn off with the amplifier and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode. The amplifier also features a Blue LED lamp on the top of the amplifier which illuminates when the amplifier is on.
Signal-sensing Turn-On Circuitry: When the speaker-level input is used, it is not necessary to connect the power control wire (turn-on lead). The amplifier senses the signal from the speaker-level input and turns the amplifier power on automatically. Shortly after no signal is detected, the amplifier will automatically shut itself off.
- Gain: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels coming from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the Kenwood KAC-9105D features an adjustable, independent gain control (0.2-5.0V). This means that no matter what kind of radio is connected to this amplifier, the appropriate gain control adjustment can be made to ensure loud, clear, distortion-free music.
- Low-Pass Filter: The KAC-9105D has a built-in 24dB/octave low-pass filter that is continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz.
- Bass Boost: The bass boost is adjustable from 0-18dB at 40Hz.
- Phase Switch: This amplifier is equipped with a 2-way phase switch. You can choose 0° (normal phase) or 180° (reverse phase), whichever position results in stronger performance for the subwoofer.
- Infrasonic Filter: This amp features an 18dB/octave Infrasonic Filter. Ultra-low frequencies that cannot be reproduced by a subwoofer do not become sound but become unnecessary oscillations, which affect sound by causing distortion. These frequencies also waste amplifier power and can cause damage to speakers. Setting the Infrasonic filter switch to 15Hz or 25Hz cuts the frequencies below the respective frequency to improve the reproduction performance of the speakers by eliminating harmful distortion.
- Power Connections: The power and ground connections are 0.5625" wide screw terminals that will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire. The remote turn-on terminal is 0.3125" wide and will accept up to 8-gauge wire. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended for the power, ground, and remote wires.
- Speaker Outputs: The Kenwood KAC-9105D is equipped with two pairs of gold-plated speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. All four speaker terminals are 0.3125" wide screw terminals and will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended for the speaker wires.
- Line Level Input: The mono-channel amplifier is equipped with a single pair of gold-plated RCA line level inputs.
- Speaker Level Input: The KAC-9105D comes with a two channel speaker level input harness. Once you splice the speaker wires from the receiver to the harness, you have plug-in convenience to the amplifier. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The maximum power output from the source receiver can be no more than 40 watts.
- Line Level Output: The amplifier has a pair of gold-plated RCA line level outputs for feeding a full-range stereo signal to another amplifier. It is the same signal that is input through the line inputs. The amplifier's crossovers have no effect on the line level output signal.
- Fuses: The KAC-9105D is equipped with three 30 amp ATC blade fuses.
- Width = 13.75"
- Height = 2.375"
- Depth = 9.75"
Cone: The KFC-W2513PS uses a polypropylene cone and rubber surround for added durability.
Heat Transfer System: A dual ventilation system designed helps keep the motor structure cool, improving power handling and longevity.
Long Stroke Design: The pole piece has been extended to provide a more linear magnetic field for woofer operation. This lowers distortion and provides the woofer with better low frequency response.
Double Stacked Magnet: The stacked magnet assembly is used to create a powerful linear motor with increased excursion capability for superior bass output.
Spring Terminals: The spring post terminals on one side of the woofer connect to your amplifier's wiring. The posts will accept pin connectors, single banana plugs, or bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- Frame Diameter = 10.8125"
- Cutout Diameter = 9.004"
- Magnet Diameter = 7.375"
- Mounting Height = 0.652"
- Mounting Depth = 4.954"
Materials: The Sound Ordnance BB102-75S Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style sealed enclosure for dual 10" subwoofers. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has two separate chambers, each with 0.75 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB102-75S is equipped with two pairs of spring-post speaker terminals, one for each chamber, mounted in the rear panel. The spring terminals will accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure, each set of terminals has an attached 18" length of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width = 26.8125"
- Height = 13.5625"
- Depth 1 = 11.625"
- Depth 2 = 8.625"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.