Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Add some bass to your ride
This Kenwood bass package includes a 500-watt mono amplifier, two 12" subwoofers, and a sealed dual 12" enclosure. Just add some wiring for a complete sub system that'll bring the thrill of powerful bass to your vehicle.
KAC-5001PS mono sub amp
Kenwood's KAC-5001PS mono amp punches out up to 500 watts RMS to the two 10" subwoofers. A rugged cast heatsink keeps this amp running at optimal temperatures, even when you're pushing your system hard. A built-in low-pass filter lets you adjust the output so you'll get the best sound possible from these subs in the Sound Ordnance enclosure. And you can dial in up to 18 dB of bass boost if you want to fatten up the thump.
All of the amp's controls are on the same side for easy access.
Two KFC-W3013PS 12" subwoofers
Each 4-ohm KFC-W3013PS Performance Series 12" sub handles up to 400 watts RMS, so two of them will work well with the KAC-5001PS. The sub's diamond-array patterned cone resists flexing, for strong and clean bass notes. A tough rubber surround accommodates the extra-long cone excursion that pumps up the volume. And a dual vent cooling system makes sure the sub keeps running, even during long, loud jams.
Sound Ordnance dual 12" sealed enclosure
Sound Ordnance's rugged Bass Bunker BB122-125S sealed enclosure holds two 12" subwoofers, offering an internal volume of 1.26 cubic feet per chamber. This unloaded enclosure features high-grade, medium-density fiberboard construction, with sealed inner braces that help combat resonance by reducing vibrations.
Important Note: The amp in this bass package delivers a little less power than the manufacturer recommends for the included sub(s). It's OK to underpower your subs, as long as you set the amp's gain controls properly to avoid distortion. This diagram shows you how to wire up the sub(s) in this package.
- package includes KAC-5001PS amp, two KFC-W3013PS 12" subs, and Sound Ordnance sealed dual 12" enclosure
KAC-5001PS mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- preamp inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 9-13/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 7-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
KFC-W3013PS 12" 4-ohm subwoofers (pair)
- diamond-array polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- power range: 50-400 watts RMS
- frequency response: 34-300 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- warranty: 1 year
BB102-75S sealed enclosure
- hatchback style enclosure for two 10" subwoofers
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- dimensions: 26-3/4"W x 13-7/16"H x 11-5/8"D1 x 8-1/2"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood 500-watt Dual 12" Bass Package Reviews
Average Customer Review:
I was very happy with them they sounded great in my expedition but apparently someone else liked them too because shortly after I installed them some one broke into my truck and stole them
Pros: sound good, good price
Cons: didn't last but not the subs fault
not a happy camper
not very happy that i paid so much money to have an under powered sub system they dont even have deep base and they sound distorted alot you can tell it just cant get low enough
Cons:Crutchfield response on August 19, 2013 We forwarded this review to our Technical Support team for follow-up. Lifetime tech support comes with every Crutchfield purchase.
What's in the box?
- This subwoofer package contains four individually packaged items: a Kenwood KAC-5001PS amplifier/ two Kenwood KFC-W3013PS subwoofers/ and a Sound Ordnance BB122-125S dual 12" subwoofer enclosure
- The KAC-5001PS Box includes:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- 2 End caps (installed)
- Two 30-amp fuses (installed)
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- Each KFC-W3013PS Box includes:
- One 12" Single 4-ohm voice coil woofer
- Plastic trim ring
- Eight 1-1/4" Self-tapping screws
- Adhesive backed foam gasket
- Cardboard template
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese)
- Warranty information
- The BB122-125S Box includes:
- Hatchback-style enclosure for two 12" subwoofers
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4Ω load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N), and over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples). Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Kenwood KAC-5001PS is rated at 300 Watts RMS x 1 channel with an 83 dBA signal to noise ratio.
Specifications: The manual also lists these non CEA-2006 compliant specifications:
- Power: 500 watts x 1-channel (into 2Ω, at 100 Hz, no more than 1.0% THD, 14.4 volts)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB (at rated power)
Mono-Power Amp Design: The KAC-5001PS is designed with specific features to power your subwoofers with a frequency range between 20 and 200 Hz. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is much higher efficiency (less heat generated) than Class AB.
Low-Pass Filter: The built-in 24 dB/octave low-pass filter is continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The crossover is always engaged (it cannot be bypassed).
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit is centered at 40 Hz; boost is variable from 0 to +18 dB.
- Input Sensitivity: 200mV-5V; continuously variable
- Low-Pass Frequency: 50-200 Hz; continuously variable
- Bass Boost: 0-18 dB; continuously variable
Inputs and Outputs:
- Signal Input: one pair of RCA inputs
- Power: screw terminal; accommodates spade connector up to 0.55" wide
- Ground: screw terminal; accommodates spade connector up to 0.55" wide
- Remote Turn-on: screw terminal; accommodates spade connector up to 0.335" wide
- Speaker Output: one pair of screw terminals; accommodates spade connector up to 0.335" wide
- Fuses: two 30 amp ATO fuses
- Width: 9.782"
- Height: 2.2"
- Depth: 7.552"
Cone: The KFC-W3013PS uses a polypropylene cone and rubber surround for added durability.
Heat Transfer System: A dual ventilation system design helps keep the motor structure cool, improving power handling and longevity.
Long Stroke Design: The pole piece has been extended to provide a more linear magnetic field for woofer operation. This lowers distortion and provides the woofer with better low frequency response.
Double Stacked Magnet: The stacked magnet assembly is used to create a powerful linear motor with increased excursion capability for superior bass output.
Spring Terminals: The spring post terminals on one side of the woofer connect to your amplifier's wiring. The posts will accept pin connectors, single banana plugs, or bare wire up to 10 gauge.
Materials: The Sound Ordnance BB122-125S Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style sealed enclosure for two 12" subwoofers. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has two separate chambers, each with 1.265 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB122-125S is equipped with two pair of spring-post speaker terminals, one for each chamber, mounted in the rear panel. The spring terminals will accept bare wire up to 10 gauge, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure, each set of terminals has an attached 21" length of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width: 32.75"
- Height: 14.5"
- Depth1: 13.625" (at the base)
- Depth2: 10.625" (at the top)
Our Product Research Team
2 questions already asked
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Jeff Feb 13, 2014 ] Staff
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Jeff Jan 07, 2014 ] Staff