Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This Kenwood bass package includes a 500-watt mono amplifier, two 12" subwoofers, and a sealed dual 12" enclosure so you can enjoy all the fullness and thrill of powerful bass in your music. All you need to add is wiring for a complete sub system.
KAC-8105D mono sub amp
The Kenwood KAC-8105D mono amp punches out up to 500 watts RMS to the two 12" subwoofers. A rugged cast-aluminum heatsink keeps this amp running at optimal temperatures, even when you're pushing your system hard. A built-in low-pass filter lets you adjust the output so you'll get the best sound possible from these subs in the Sound Ordnance enclosure. And you can dial in up to 18 dB of bass boost if you want to fatten up the thump. Speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on allow these amps to hook up to almost any radio without having to run a separate turn-on lead.
Two KFC-W3013PS 12" subwoofers
Each 4-ohm KFC-W3013PS Performance Series 12" sub handles up to 400 watts RMS, so two of them are a great match for the Kenwood 500-watt amp. The diamond-array patterned cones resist flexing, for strong and clean bass notes. A tough rubber surround accommodates the extra-long cone excursion that pumps up the volume. And a dual vent cooling system makes sure the sub keeps running, even during long, loud jams.
Sound Ordnance dual 12" sealed enclosure
Sound Ordnance's rugged Bass Bunker BB122-125S sealed enclosure holds two 12" subwoofers and offers an internal volume of 1.26 cubic feet per chamber. This unloaded enclosure features high-grade, medium-density fiberboard construction, with sealed inner braces that help combat resonance by reducing vibrations.
Important Note: The power of the amp in this bass package is significantly less than the manufacturer's recommended power handling for the included sub(s). It's OK to underpower your subs, as long as you set the amp's gain controls properly to avoid distortion. This diagram shows you how to wire up the sub(s) in this package.
- package includes KAC-8105D amp, two KFC-W3013PS 12" subs, and Sound Ordnance sealed dual 12" enclosure
KAC-8105D mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- subsonic filter (15 or 25 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 11"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
KFC-W3013PS 12" 4-ohm subwoofers (pair)
- diamond-array polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- power range: 50-400 watts RMS
- frequency response: 34-300 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- warranty: 1 year
BB122-125S sealed enclosure
- hatchback style enclosure for two 12" subwoofers
- 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard) with black carpet covering
- dimensions: 32-5/8"W x 14-3/8"H x 13-5/8"D1 x 10-7/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood 500-watt Dual 12" Bass Package Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Fierce package that you will not be sad about buying.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I purchased this package and am not in any way disappointed. This thing has caused me to lose some plastic pieces inside my car though. Oh and it kinda renders the rear view and side view mirrors useless. Makes breathing hard when listening to Dubstep too. Has made my deck skip when playing cds also. I love this package and have recommended it to several people. Hopefully I can help them put it in.
Pros: Everything about this package is quality and hits very hard while giving you clear sounding bass.
Cons: None yet. well the neighbors get pissed when I leave or come home but oh well.
what a great package
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a great budget system. i was very pleased with the kindness that crutchfield gave. i will always buy from here for audio needs. the bass is clean and sharp. Thank you for fast shipping and great support . AD
Pros: clear sound and price
What's in the box?
- Kenwood 500-Watt Dual 12" Bass Package
- Kenwood KAC-8105D Amp: Mono amplifier (with two 30-amp fuses inserted into the chassis)
- Speaker-level input harness
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Warranty Card
- Kenwood KFC-W3013PS Subwoofers: Two 12" SVC woofers
- Plastic trim ring
- Eight 1-1/4" Self-tapping screws
- Adhesive backed foam gasket
- Cardboard template
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese)
- Warranty information
- Sound Ordnance BB122-125S Bass Bunker: Hatchback-style enclosure for two 12" subwoofers
Class D Amplifier Design: The KAC-8105D is a Class D mono-block amplifier, which uses digital switching to amplify audio signals. This design results in high efficiency and less heat.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The amplifier utilizes a MOSFET switching power supply providing thermal stability and efficient switching speeds guaranteeing performance and dependability.
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Kenwood KAC-8105D is designed with specific features to power your subwoofers with a frequency range between 10-200 Hz. The amplifier can handle impedance loads down to 2-ohm.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The KAC-8105D's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA 2006 Compliant Ratings:
- Mono-Channel (4-ohm): 300 watts x 1 channel RMS (20-200 Hz, 1% THD)
- Mono-Channel (2-ohm): 500 watts x 1 channel RMS (100 Hz, 1% THD)
Note: This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Cast Aluminum Heat Sink: The Kenwood KAC-8105D utilizes a cast aluminum heat sink design to ensure that the amplifier stays at its optimal temperature.
Ventilation: There are two vents located on the back side of the amplifier to help dissipate heat and ensure cool, reliable operation. Make sure not to block these vents when you install the amplifier.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- Speaker output contacts ground
- Speaker wire short-circuits
- Unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
Aluminum Cover Plate: The amplifier's controls and connections are hidden under a removable extruded aluminum cover plate. The cover plate provides a professional looking installing while helping to protect the amplifier's connections and control settings. The cover is held in place by two hex head screws. An allen-wrench is supplied to remove the cover.
Blue/Red Illumination: The Kenwood Mono-Channel amplifier features a blue and red LED illumination when the amplifier is turned on. When the power is turned on to the amplifier, the Power indicator will light up red. This indicator will turn off with the amplifier and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode. The amplifier also features a Blue LED lamp on the top of the amplifier which illuminates when the amplifier is on.
Signal-sensing Turn-On Circuitry: When the speaker-level input is used, it is not necessary to connect the power control wire (turn-on lead). The amplifier senses the signal from the speaker-level input and turns the amplifier power on automatically. Shortly after no signal is detected, the amplifier will automatically shut itself off.
- Gain: To accommodate the varying range of signal levels coming from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the Kenwood KAC-8105D features an adjustable, independent gain control (0.2-5.0V). This means that no matter what kind of radio is connected to this amplifier, the appropriate gain control adjustment can be made to ensure loud, clear, distortion-free music.
- Low-Pass Filter: The KAC-8105D has a built-in 24dB/octave low-pass filter that is continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz.
- Bass Boost: The bass boost is adjustable from 0-18dB at 40Hz.
- Infrasonic Filter: This amp features an 18dB/octave Infrasonic Filter. Ultra-low frequencies that cannot be reproduced by a subwoofer do not become sound but become unnecessary oscillations, which affect sound by causing distortion. These frequencies also waste amplifier power and can cause damage to speakers. Setting the Infrasonic filter switch to 15Hz or 25Hz cuts the frequencies below the respective frequency to improve the reproduction performance of the speakers by eliminating harmful distortion.
- Power Connections: The power and ground connections are 0.5625" wide screw terminals that will accommodate up to 4-gauge wire. The remote turn-on terminal is 0.3125" wide and will accept up to 8-gauge wire. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended for the power, ground, and remote wires.
- Speaker Outputs: The Kenwood KAC-8105D is equipped with a single pair of speaker terminals. Both speaker terminals are 0.3125" wide screw terminals and will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Spade connectors are recommended for the speaker wires.
- Line Level Input: The mono-channel amplifier is equipped with a single pair of gold-plated RCA line level inputs.
- Speaker Level Input: The KAC-8105D comes with a two channel speaker level input harness. Once you splice the speaker wires from the receiver to the harness, you have plug-in convenience to the amplifier. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The maximum power output from the source receiver can be no more than 40 watts.
- Line Level Output: The amplifier has a pair of gold-plated RCA line level outputs for feeding a full-range stereo signal to another amplifier. It is the same signal that is input through the line inputs. The amplifier's crossovers have no effect on the line level output signal.
- Fuses: The KAC-8105D is equipped with two 30 amp ATC blade fuses
- Width = 11.0"
- Height = 2.375"
- Depth = 9.5"
Cone: The KFC-W3013PS uses a polypropylene cone and rubber surround for added durability.
Heat Transfer System: A dual ventilation system designed helps keep the motor structure cool, improving power handling and longevity.
Long Stroke Design: The pole piece has been extended to provide a more linear magnetic field for woofer operation. This lowers distortion and provides the woofer with better low frequency response.
Double Stacked Magnet: The stacked magnet assembly is used to create a powerful linear motor with increased excursion capability for superior bass output.
Spring Terminals: The spring post terminals on one side of the woofer connect to your amplifier's wiring. The posts will accept pin connectors, single banana plugs, or bare wire up to 10 gauge.
- Frame Diameter = 12.858"
- Cutout Diameter = 10.942"
- Magnet Diameter = 8.975"
- Mounting Height = 0.718"
- Mounting Depth = 6.029"
Materials: The Sound Ordnance BB122-125S Bass Bunker is an unloaded, hatchback-style sealed enclosure for two 12" subwoofers. It is constructed of 5/8" MDF (medium-density fiberboard), covered in black carpet.
Internal Box Volume: The enclosure has two separate chambers, each with 1.265 cubic feet of airspace.
Terminals: The BB122-125S is equipped with two pair of spring-post speaker terminals, one for each chamber, mounted in the rear panel. The spring terminals will accept bare wire up to 10 gauge, pin connectors, and single banana plugs, but are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. Inside the enclosure, each set of terminals has an attached 21" length of speaker wire for connecting the subwoofer.
Brackets: Brackets for securing the enclosure to your vehicle are recommended.
- Width = 32.75"
- Height = 14.5"
- Depth 1 = 13.625"
- Depth 2 = 10.625"