Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Coffeehouse PA System Bundle
PA system for small venues: includes Yamaha MG10XU mixer and DXR12 speaker, Shure SM58 microphone, plus stands and cables
Our take on the Coffeehouse PA System Bundle by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Yamaha's MG10 mixer
You've spent the time to get your act together, and now it's time to let people hear the results. For them to be able to hear you, you need a small PA system…nothing world-shattering, just enough to be heard in a coffeehouse or other small venue. But you also want your system to be expandable as your options grow. So we've assembled a small, powerful, lightweight system to help you get your sound out there without breaking the bank.
The mixing board
The mixer is the center of operations, where your signal goes in and sound for the speakers comes out. Yamaha's rugged, little MG10XU mixer gives you four XLR microphone inputs that double as line inputs, plus three sets of stereo 1/4" line inputs and two sets of RCA inputs, so it'll cover anything from a solo performer to a small group. Built-in effects and compression make it easy to get a good sound at the gig.
Yamaha's DXR 12 powered speaker
The powered speaker
Powered speakers simplify PA setup because they eliminate the need for a separate amplifier and a lot of cabling. Just plug the Yamaha mixer into Yamaha's DXR12 speaker, adjust the speaker and mixer levels, and you're ready to go! The DXR12 speaker gives you plenty of power for a small space and its tough ABS enclosure will stand up to the bumps and thumps of setup and takedown.
Shure SM58 microphone
For your singer (or potentially for acoustic instruments) to be heard, Shure's SM58 dynamic microphone is the worldwide standard for a reasonably-priced, good-sounding, and rugged microphone that'll get you through any situation. It includes an adjustable microphone holder that fits standard microphone stands.
- Cables provide a signal path from the mic to the speaker. The package includes two Rapco/Horizon 25-foot cables, one for the mic and one that runs from the mixer to the speaker.
- The K&M Tripod Microphone Stand offers a sturdy tripod base and a boom extension so the mic user can move without colliding with the stand.
- The K&M speaker stand adjusts from 52" to 79-1/2" tall to get your speaker up over a crowd.
Find out more about putting together a PA system for smaller venues.
- Yamaha MG10XU: 4 microphone inputs with Yamaha D-PRE preamps and three stereo channels with line-level inputs
- 24 onboard digital effects programs
- single-knob compression on channels 1 and 2
- 2-channel USB interface allows 24/192 recording and playback
- warranty: 1 year
- Yamaha DXR12 two-way powered speaker: 12" cone woofer/1" throat high frequency compression driver
- Frequency response: 52-20,000 Hz
- Digital signal processing includes high pass filter, crossover, D-CONTOUR EQ/compressor
- warranty: 7 years
- Shure SM58 dynamic microphone
- includes adjustable microphone holder, stand adapter, and carrying bag
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee