Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Enjoy rich, potent bass with Polk Audio's décor-friendly CSW200. This hideaway subwoofer is designed for placement in your floor or ceiling. After it's installed, all you'll see is the optional grille a standard floor register available from your local hardware store.
This capable subwoofer gives you deep, clean bass with your movies and music. Feel the rumble of an on-screen thunderstorm, and add dramatic low-frequency punch to your favorite songs.
Plenty of power for great bass
The CSW200 is packaged here with Polk's separate, cool-running digital amplifier that pumps out 500 watts of solid power. An included custom sound-shaping circuit card precisely tailors the amp's output. The resulting bass is deep, hard-hitting, and distortion-free.
The amp's standard chassis width lets you stack it neatly with your other audio/video components, or you can hide it away in a cabinet to reduce room clutter. This stable amplifier can also power a pair of the CSW200s for even bigger, stronger bass.
Free installation guides from Crutchfield
When you buy in-wall or in-ceiling speakers from Crutchfield, you'll also receive copies of our in-depth speaker and wire installation guides, free of charge.
- 10" woofer
- frequency response 28-120 Hz (-3dB)
- High Velocity Compression Drive® for more powerful bass
- Laminar Flow Port for resonance and noise-free performance
- rigid MDF (medium-density fiberboard) enclosure
- speaker-level inputs
- mounting hardware, anti-rattle isolation pads included
- compatible with standard 12" x 12", 10" x 10", or 8" x 14" HVAC grille; remove the grille's moving parts before installation
- cutout: 13"W x 35-5/8"H
- mounting depth: 9"
- lifetime warranty
- 500 watts (mono) RMS into 4 ohms at <0.01% THD
- frequency response 15-200 Hz (-3 dB)
- Class D digital amplifier design
- continuously variable 40-120 Hz low-pass crossover
- includes custom sound-shaping circuit cards for CSW100, CSW200 and CSW155 subwoofers
- speaker-level and line-level inputs and outputs
- unfiltered LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input for connection to a home theater receiver's subwoofer output
- detachable AC power cord
- 17"W x 4-1/16"H x 14-15/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why add a powered subwoofer?
A powered subwoofer gives you bass you can feel as well as hear. Our customers love the depth and impact their subs add to music and movies. We hear comments like "it brings out sounds I didn't know existed in discs I've watched a million times." Powered subwoofers aren't just for big bass that rattles your picture frames; they can also deliver tight, accurate lows. If you haven't shopped for a powered sub in a while, you might be surprised at how small they get. Look for an ultra-compact model if you want to tuck your sub away under an end table or in a corner.
Polk Audio CSW200 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great product. Pricey but its POLK. I have bought and installed 2 of these, one in a theater room and one in a living room all work as well as planned. I will DEF recommend!
Pros: Pure Sound. BUY THE AMP TO MATCH!!
What's in the box?
- This package contains two individualy-packaged items: the Polk Audio CSW200 subwoofer and Polk Audio SWA500 subwoofer amplifier
- The CSW200 box includes:
- In-wall/in-ceiling subwoofer
- 4 Metal mounting brackets
- 3 Self-adhesive foam isolation pads
- 16 Wood screws
- 16 Flat washers
- Online product registration sheet
- The SWA500 box includes:
- SWA500 Subwoofer amplifier
- CSW100 SPEX card
- CSW155 SPEX card
- CSW200 SPEX card
- 2 Rack mount brackets
- 4 Machine screws
- 7-3/4' AC power cord
- Online product registration sheet
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Firing Direction||Into Room|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-120 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||250|
|Frequency Response||28-120 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||Lifetime|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||Lifetime|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Mounting Location: The CSW200 is designed to be mounted between floor or ceiling joists. The CSW200 can fit between the tighter joist-spacing of QuietFloor or wooden I-Beam construction.
Woofer: The CSW200 features a long-throw 10" fiber cone woofer with a rubber surround.
Enclosure Construction: The CSW200 has rigidly braced MDF enclosure construction for low resonance and rattle-free performance.
Slot Vent: The enclosure feature and integrated slot vent for deep, driving bass.
Optional Grille: The CSW200 is designed to fire through an opening in the floor or ceiling. Once the installation is complete, the opening can be covered with an optional grille. The CSW200 is compatible with standard 12" x 12", 10" x 10", or 8" x 14" HVAC grilles.
Isolation Pads: When the enclosure is installed, it fits snugly against one of the floor or ceiling joists. To prevent rattling, two of the isolation pads should be installed between the enclosure and the joist, while the third isolation pad should be placed on the front panel of the enclosure.
Mounting Brackets: The supplied brackets and wood screws allow you to mount the CSW200 to any parallel floor or ceiling joists.
Compatibility: The CSW200 should only be used with the SWA500 subwoofer amplifier. The SWA500 comes with a SPEX Card that configures the EQ, crossover, and power control circuitry to match the CSW200 subwoofer. One SWA500 amplifier can power up to two subwoofers at the same time.
Class D Amplifier: The SWA500 has a hybrid Class D amplifier that produces 250 watts RMS into 8 ohms and 500 watts RMS into 4 ohms.
Variable Crossover: The amplifier has a built-in variable crossover that makes it easy to achieve a seamless blend with the main speakers, while the 24dB/octave low-pass filter prevents the subwoofer from being easily localized by the ear, increasing placement flexibility. The crossover point may be adjusted from 40-120 Hz.
Protection Circuitry: The SWA500 offers thermal, short circuit, and over-current protection.
Auto On/Off Sensing: In Auto mode, the amplifier automatically turns on when it senses a signal and turns off when no signal is present.
- Low-pass Knob: adjust the low-pass crossover point from 40 Hz to 120 Hz
- Volume Knob: adjust the volume level up or down to match the bass level of the subwoofer to the level of the other speakers in the system
- Phase Switch: reverses the polarity of the two speaker outputs; the correct setting is that which yields the fullest bass
- Power Switch: choose Standby, Auto, or On
- Speaker Out (1 and 2): gold-plated binding posts; the binding posts are not 5-way because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs; the outputs are wired in parallel and allow you to connect one or two subwoofers to the amplifier
- Speaker In: gold-plated binding posts; the binding posts are not 5-way because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs
- Line In (filtered): left and right RCA audio jacks; use this input if you wish to set the subwoofer crossover point using the SWA500's low-pass control knob on the front panel
- LFE In (unfiltered): single RCA audio jack; use this input to bypass the SWA500's internal low-pass filter
- Line Out: left and right RCA audio jacks
- SPEX Card: slot for the supplied SPEX Card; a 7-pin connector plugs into the card and the card bolts into the back panel of the amplifier
- Spring Posts: the two sets of spring post terminals will accept pin connectors or bare wire; there is a set on each end for convenience; when connecting the CSW200 to the SWA500 amplifier, use only one set of terminals - do not connect both