Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Nothing is better at pulling in free HDTV broadcasts
This complete kit will help you install your TV antenna without having to stop and chase down a cable, connector, or bracket. The combination of Channel Master's best long-range antenna, antenna rotor, and preamp will allow you to receive the maximum number of TV stations within a range of up to 75 miles.
We tried to think of everything
We've included everything you need to install this high-performance antenna in an attic or on the roof:
- Channel Master 4228HD antenna High-gain, directional design receives digital and analog UHF TV signals and high VHF signals.
- Channel Master 7777 antenna preamplifier Low-noise, high-gain mast-mount preamp is effective at improving reception for long-range "deep fringe" applications.
- Channel Master 9521A antenna rotor Remote-controlled rotor works with rooftop- and attic-mounted antennas to optimize reception of TV signals from more than one direction.
- Channel Master 3064 rotor wire (75 feet) For use with the 9521A antenna rotor, this 3-conductor cable carries voltage and control signals from the indoor controller unit to the rotator unit, which installs on your antenna mast.
- two Channel Master 1607 antenna masts These galvanized 5-foot masts work for both indoor mounts (like in an attic) and outdoor setups (like on a roof, wall, or chimney). Two are provided for use with the supplied rotor.
- Channel Master 3078 antenna mount Lets you securely mount a TV antenna in your attic or on a roof.
- Channel Master 3079 antenna wall mount Securely mounts a TV antenna mast to the side of your house using two sturdy brackets.
- Channel Master 3080 antenna chimney mount "Z-type" mount that provides 3 inches of clearance from your chimney.
- 500 feet of RG-6 cable to connect the antenna to your TV or signal distribution hub.
- AudioQuest coax cable stripper makes stripping the outer jacket off RG-6 cable a simple 1-step process.
- Channel Master grounding block to prevent damage to your TV from an electrical surge due to lightning strike.
- Terk BSP-4 4-way TV signal splitter Divides the broadcast TV signal from your antenna to allow for up to four TV installations.
- Two 10-packs of AudioQuest instant tool-less coax connectors for terminating RG-6 cable.
For tips on selecting an antenna, and links to websites that help you locate HDTV signals in your area, check out our article on Choosing & Installing an HDTV Antenna. The article also includes a brief hands-on review of a high-gain Channel Master antenna and 7777 preamp.
Long-range TV Antenna Package Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Goodbye Direct TV
I was fed up with my Direct TV bill going up every month and was not
willing to sign another 2 year contract to lower the price. I purchased this
system and now receive 12 HD stations to include the THIS movie network
and a weather channel. I receive stations from Alexandria, Lake Charles
and Lafayette, LA, and Beaumont TX, all greater than 40 miles from my
location. When conditions are right I receive stations in excess of 150 miles
My antenna is mounted on the corner of my house just beolow the roofline
and I'm considering raising it another 10 feet to see if I get even more
stations. Once you identify your station azimuths and program the rotator it
is very simple to use.
Installation is pretty straight forward and not too difficult. My only regret is
that wire for the rotator remote is not provided and I had to order that
from another source. You will also need grounding wire and a grounding
rod as they are also not provided.
What's in the box?
- The Crutchfield Long Range Antenna Packages contains the following individually-packaged items:
- Channel Master 4228 UHF HDTV antenna
- Channel Master 7777 RF preamp
- Channel Master 9521A Remote Control Antenna Rotor
- Channel Master 3079 Antenna Wall Mount
- Channel Master RG6500B 500 feet bulk RG6 coax cable
- Two 10-packs of AudioQuest F-type connectors
- Terk BSP-4 4-way signal splitter
- Channel Master 3078 Roof/Attic Mount
- Channel Master 3080 Chimney Mount
- Channel Master Coax Grounding block
- AudioQuest One-Step wire stripper
- 75' Channel Master 3-conductor rotor wire
- 5' Channel Master antenna mast
- The antenna box contains:
- Antenna * Transformer * Weather boot * S clip * 2 Nest brackets * 2 U-bolts * 4 Nuts * 4 Split lock washers * 2 Wing nuts * 2 Flat washers * Assembly instructions * Installation instructions (English/Spanish) * Electrical wire danger warning sticker
- The preamp box contains:
- RF pre-amp * Indoor power supply with 66" AC cord * 3 F-type connectors * 3 Rubber weather boots * U-bolt * 2 Bolts * 2 Star lock washers * Two 1-1/2" Power supply mounting screws * Instruction sheet (English/Spanish/French) * Caution sheet
- The rotor box contains:
- Rotor * Controller * AC power supply * Wireless remote * 2 "AAA" batteries * Installation and Operation instructions
- The wall mount contains:
- 2 Brackets * 2 Saddle brackets * 2 U-bolts * 4 Nuts * Four 1-1/2" Lag screws * Mounting diagram on packaging
- The Terk 4-way splitter box contains:
- Metal 4-way splitter * Two 1" self-tapping screws * 1 Metal coax connector cover * Instructions and warranty info are printed on outside of package
- The Channel Master Roof/Attic Mount box contains:
- Base * Saddle bracket * U-bolt * 2 Nuts * 2 Split lock washers * Three 1-1/2" Screws * Mounting diagram on packaging
- The Channel Master Chimney Mount box contains:
- 2 Z-type chimney brackets * 2 U-bolts * Two 12' Chimney straps * 4 Strap buckles * 4 Strap holders * 8 Nuts * Mounting diagram on packaging
Overview: This Long Range Antenna Package contains an antenna, signal preamp, rotor, wire, mounts for the roof, chimney, or side of your house, and accessories to help you install an HDTV antenna on your home. The package includes the following components:
- Channel Master Model 4228 Antenna:
- designed for UHF frequencies, both digital and analog
- average gain across the UHF frequency range is 12dB
- Channel Master Model 7777 Titan High Gain Pre-amplifier:
- provides a 26dB gain on the UHF band
- has a switchable FM trap to prevent interference
- installs on the antenna mast
- Channel Master Model 9521A Antenna Rotor:
- motor driven rotor to orient the antenna for best reception
- 69 programmable positions
- includes indoor control unit and wireless remote control
- Terk BSP-4 Indoor/Outdoor 4-way Splitter:
- high-quality, die-cast aluminum construction
- 75-ohm matching
- Insertion Loss: <7.8dB, Return Loss: >15dB
- 500 feet of full-bandwidth RG-6 cable
- UL-rated for in-wall installation
- Rotor Wire:
- 75-feet of 3-conductor for antenna rotor
- three 22-gauge conductors
- AudioQuest F-type Connectors: Two 10-packs of instant tool-less connectors
- AudioQuest One-Step Stripper: for preparing RG-6 cable for terminating with F-type connectors
- Channel Master Antenna Mounts:
- Model 3078 Roof/Attic Mount: mounts antenna on roof or attic
- Model 3079 Wall Mount: mounts antenna mast to side of house
- Model 3080 Chimney Mount: mounts antenna to chimney
- Model 1607 Galvanized Mast: 1-1/4" diameter x 5' long, tapered "Dura-Tube" mast made of 16-gauge galvanized steel
- Model 3274 Grounding Block: provides lightning protection for 75-ohm coaxial cable installations.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.