Kenwood DVD Player/Navigation Package
Includes the DDX7017 and KNA-DV4100
Item #: 700PDV7017
This item is no longer available.
If you have a Japanese vehicle with a double-sized dash opening, this is the video/navigation system package for you. It includes Kenwood's DDX7017 in-dash DVD player and the KNA-DV4100 GPS navigation system. You'll get everything you need, and save money (compared to buying the components separately).
The DVD player's 6.5" video screen takes up almost the entire front panel, making it look like you have a factory-integrated screen sitting flush in your dash. The touchscreen controls and easy-to-follow menus give you total command over all the system's functions, including navigation. The screen also acts as the display for your DVD videos (when you're parked), and shows all navigation map information.
With the DDX7017, you'll also enjoy CD and MP3/WMA playback, excellent AM/FM reception, and great sound, courtesy of the strong, built-in amplifier and comprehensive tone controls. You'll find plenty of inputs and outputs if you'd like to expand your system, too. Connect a backseat video screen and wireless headphones, and your passengers in the back can watch movies while you listen to another source up front.
You can also add an optional XM or SIRIUS satellite radio or an HD Radio tuner. Kenwood's optional iPod control interface gives you full command over the iPod right from the DDX7017's touchscreen controls.
The KNA-DV4100 offers fast and accurate navigation. You'll get expert, turn-by-turn guidance to get where you need to go without the hassle of conventional maps and atlases.
The system consists of a navigation computer with DVD-ROM drive that plugs right into the DDX7017, a Global Positioning System (GPS) antenna, and two DVD-ROM map discs of the United States and Canada. Just slide a map disc into the drive, enter your destination, and you're off. The video screen gives you a visual map to follow, while voice prompts tell you whenever you need to make a turn.
Destination options include cities, streets, intersections, addresses (you can save up to 100), or points of interest. You can program up to five intermediate destinations per trip, and preview a simulation of the route before you travel. If you make a wrong turn, the system alerts you and recalculates the route within two seconds. The built-in trip computer estimates remaining travel time and time of arrival, plus your average speed and elapsed distance.
- package includes DDX7017 DVD player with 6.5" video screen and KNA-DV4100 GPS navigation computer
- in-dash DVD player with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- fits double-sized (4" tall) dash openings
- motorized faceplate with 6.5" LCD video screen with adjustable display angle and touchscreen controls (viewing area: 6.4")
- plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, DVD+Rs, DVD+RWs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, MP3/WMA discs, JPEG, and MPEG1 and 2 files
- System Q Sound Control
- System E's+ Advanced Crossover system
- XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
- compatible with Kenwood's iPod Control Interface
- HD Radio-ready (Kenwood HD Radio tuner required)
- CD changer/TV tuner controls
- rear-view camera input
- direct input for KNA-DV4100
- two audio/video inputs
- audio/video output
- dual-zone capable
- 5-volt front, rear, subwoofer preamp outputs
- wireless remote control
- CR-2 tuner
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- DVD frequency response: 20-22,000 Hz
- DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 98 dB
- FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- GPS navigation computer
- GPS antenna with 16-foot cable and adhesive mounting pad
- two DVD-ROM navigation map discs for the U.S. and Canada
- RGB input/output for connection to DDX7017
- 2D and 3D map views
- trip computer functions
- navigation to city, street, address, intersections, points of interest, or your home
- DVD-ROMs include over 10 million points of interest
- up to 5 intermediate destinations can be included in routing
- address book stores up to 100 memory points
- memory stores up to 100 previous destinations
- search option (by telephone number, latitude and longitude, for police or hospitals, or for facilities, landmarks, or intersections)
- store up to 10 areas you wish to avoid on your trip
- voice prompts (with level control) in 12 languages
- 4 color settings (Default, Olive, Marine, or Umber) with day/night illumination
- dimensions: 6-5/8"W x 2"H x 7-11/16"D (navigation unit); 1-3/8"W x 9/16"H x 1-1/2"D (GPS antenna)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?
Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.
Kenwood DVD Player/Navigation Package Reviews
Preliminary info from the manufacturer
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||30-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red or Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||---|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|