Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Tamron's 18-200mm Di II lens delivers the powerful zoom capability you need to meet nearly every photographic situation. Its versatile 35mm equivalent focal range of 28 to 300mm lets you capture impressive wide-angle shots and closeups of nearby subjects, as well as crisp photos of distant scenes. This is one lens you can definitely leave on your camera all day for shooting whatever comes up.
Tamron's compact, lightweight lens design features low-dispersion and hybrid aspherical elements for superior optical performance and reduced flare. The supplied lens hood allows better shooting in bright light.
Need a case for your camera's lens? Check out Tamrac's lens compatibility chart to find a case that fits (requires Adobe® Reader®).
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 28-300mm
- compatible only with Canon digital SLR cameras with APS-C (24mm x 16mm or smaller) image sensors not compatible with the Canon EOS 5D
- advanced optical design with low-dispersion and aspherical glass elements for superior image quality
- internal focusing
- zoom lock mechanism to prevent unwanted barrel extension when carrying lens/camera combination
- minimum focus distance: 17.7 in.
- minimum aperture: f22
- lens construction: 15 elements in 13 groups
- attachment/filter size: 62mm
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter, 3-3/8" long
- weight: 14 oz.
- warranty: 6 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
Tamron 18-200mm Zoom Lens Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a great lens! The one that came with my Canon Rebel cracked and this is a
great option to not have a day to day plus a zoom lens. I'm still learning all the features.
But am VERY happy and highly recommend this one.
The shipping was ridiculously fast and packaged very well.
What's in the box?
- AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR zoom lens for Canon digital SLR cameras
- Lens cap (installed)
- Rear dust cap (installed)
- Lens hood
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Ger/+ 4 other languages)
- "Cautions when using Tamron lenses" sheet
- "Suggestions for better pictures with Tamron zoom lenses" sheet
- "Attaching and removing the lens (Canon)" sheet
- Warranty card
- Serial/model number sheet
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||6 Years|
|Labor Warranty||6 Years|
Overview: The Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR LD Aspherical (IF) Macro (Model A14E) is an accessory lens, specifically designed for use with Canon digital SLR cameras. It has the standard Canon bayonet-type mount. This high-powered zoom lens allows you to take indoor snapshots using the wide angle, photograph far-away objects using the telephoto setting, and close-ups of flowers or small objects using its macro capability.
Zoom: This 18-200mm lens has an 11.1x zoom capability. When converted to the 35mm film format, the zoom yields the equivalent of a 28-300mm zoom range.
Di II: Tamron Di II lenses are designed to fit digital SLR cameras with smaller-size image sensors. This series of lenses should not be used on 35mm film format cameras and digital SLR cameras with image sensors larger than 24mm x 16mm. When used on film cameras and digital cameras with larger sensors, vignetting (or darkening of the corners of the image) occurs.
Optical Features: This lens has the following optical features:
- Extra Refractive Glass (XR): Through the innovative use of XR (Extra Refractive Index) glass, the overall size (diameter and barrel length) of the lens was reduced, while maintaining the same aperture values as previous lenses.
- Aspherical Elements (ASL): The use of Tamron's exclusive Hybrid Aspherical elements provides the ultimate in compactness and image quality.
- Low Dispersion Glass (LD): The use of Low Dispersion (LD) glass elements greatly reduces the effect of chromatic aberration, a form of optical noise, and dramatically increases image sharpness.
- Internal Focusing (IF): Tamron's Internal Focusing System enhances lens maneuverability and reduces the Minimum Focus Distance (M.F.D.) throughout its entire focal length.
Lens Hood: A bayonet-type lens hood is provided with the lens. The lens hood prevents stray light from entering the lens, which can be harmful to the picture. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and stored on the lens. The lens hood adds approximately 1-7/16" length to the lens. Note: Using the camera's built-in flash with the lens hood in place can cause shadows to appear on the image.
Focus Modes: The lens can be used in either Automatic or Manual Focus modes. When you switch to manual focus (using the switch located on the lens barrel), you can focus on your subject by rotating the focus ring on the lens.
Manual Zoom: You can manually zoom in or out by rotating the zooming ring of the lens while viewing your subject through the camera's viewfinder and compose your image at the chosen focal length.
Zoom Lock: This lens is equipped with a zoom lock switch which prevents the lens barrel from extending while the camera is hanging around your neck. It can also prevent the lens from changing focal length during a long exposure when the camera is at a severe angle. The "locked" position is shown in red.
Note Concerning Use With Canon EOS: It has been discovered that when viewing images using the Canon EOS Viewer Utility Program, the description of the focal length range of the lens may be shown incorrectly. This issue does not affect the performance of the lens in any way.
- Focal Length: 18-200mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5-6.3
- Minimum Aperture: F/22
- Angle of View: 75° 33' - 7° 59'
- Lens Construction: 13 groups/15 elements
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 17.717" (0.45 meters)
- Macro Magnification Ratio: 1:3.7 (at f=200mm MFD 0.45m)
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Length: 3.682"-6.269" (w/ lens caps=4.132"-6.727")
- Diameter: 2.865"
- Weight: 14.04 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.