Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Listen to your iPhone through your home and car systems
Millions of us use our Apple devices to listen to music every day — through earbuds or headphones. But lots of home theater receivers and in-dash car stereos include a "made for iPod/iPhone/iPad" USB input that lets you move your music beyond your head and into your car or living room. All you need to make it happen is the right cable. If you own an Apple device with the Lightning™ dock connector, AudioQuest's Cinnamon adapter cable is an outstanding high-quality cable choice. With Cinnamon, music sounds noticeably clearer and more detailed than with the standard cables we've tried.
Superior engineering and construction
Cinnamon USB uses solid copper conductors, and each wire is silver-plated — the silver layer is a bit thicker than on AQ's Forest cable — which benefits high-frequency applications like audio. Signals at these frequencies travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. Because the surface of each conductor is made of high-purity silver, the cable's performance is close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to a solid copper cable.
Any solid material adjacent to a conductor actually becomes part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation absorbs energy (loss), and some of this energy is stored and then later released as distortion. Cinnamon USB uses air-filled foamed-polyethylene insulation to minimize this type of distortion.
- Lightning-to-USB cable (Type A)
- works with Apple iPod®, iPhone®, and iPad® with a Lightning dock connector
- lets you connect your Apple device to home or car audio components with a "made for iPod/iPhone/iPad" USB port
- silver-plated solid copper conductors for superior sound quality (silver layer is 1.25% of total conductor)
- air-filled foamed-polyethylene insulation minimizes energy storage and its associated distortion
- gold-plated USB connector for reliability and resistance to corrosion
- black-and-red braided covering
- not compatible with Apple devices with the 30-pin dock connector
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
AudioQuest Cinnamon Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I use this with my iPhone and a Jitter Bug to play music in my car and my Harley. The sound is a lot smoother than before.
Pros: Awesome Smooth Sound
Great Quality Cable
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Cable works perfectly from my iPhone to USB input in my Sony receiver. Much better quality than Apple's stock lightning to USB cable.
Pros: Great quality, well constructed
Cons: A bit pricey, but well worth it.
What's in the box?
- 5' Lighting-to-USB connector cable
Apple Lightning to USB Cable: AudioQuest specially designed the Cinnamon series Apple Lightning to USB cable for select Apple devices with a Lightning-connector. This Apple Lightning to USB cable charges and syncs your Apple device when used with an appropriate charger (sold separately) or when connected to your computer/laptop. Also, use it to connect your compatible Apple device to a home audio or car stereo component which feature's a "made for iPod/iPhone/iPad" USB port for high-quality audio playback. It's the perfect high-performance cable for your Lightning-connector Apple device. The cable is compatible with the following iPods, iPhones, and iPads with Lightning-connector (as of 5/28/2014).
|Nano (7th gen)||iPhone 5/5C/5S||iPad 4|
|Touch (5th/6th gen)||iPhone 6/6+||iPad mini 1/2/3/4|
|iPhone 6S/6S+||iPad Air 1/2|
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod, iPhone, and iPad devices with the older 30-pin dock connector.
High Quality Construction: AudioQuest's Cinnamon series Apple Lightning to USB cable minimizes distortion (primarily timing errors) by incorporating a variety of proven design techniques, superior materials, and high-precision construction.
- Solid 1.25% Silver Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications, like USB audio. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: The Apple Series Cinnamon cable uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- AQ Solder Terminations: Precision direct-silver plated pins are carefully attached with the very best solder. Through choice of flux and metallurgy, AQ solder has been optimized to make a low-distortion connection. The difference you hear between solders is a result of connection quality. AQ Solder does not have a high silver content because the more silver there is in solder, the more difficult it is to make a good connection.
Our Product Research Team
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Get a cable with thicker silver plating on the conductors, and superior noise shielding.
The AudioQuest Carbon offers these features:
silver-plated solid copper conductors for superior sound quality (silver layer is 5% of total conductor)
100% shield coverage with AQ's carbon-based 3-layer Noise Dissipation System, to resist RF interference
blue-and-black braided covering