Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Boyo's VT-MH TV tuner lets you haul in local digital television broadcasts on your next road trip. Connect it to your in-dash or rear seat monitor, mount the included antenna, and you can grab TV signals — great for an RV or tailgating before a game. An included remote lets you flip channels like you're home on your couch.
You'll find participating stations in cities all across the United States. Push the "Scan" button, and the receiver automatically locates stations in your area. The package also includes an antenna that mounts on your vehicle's roof or trunk.
Boyo VT-MH Reviews
What's in the box?
- ATSC-M/H digital receiver module
- 10' Power/ground harness
- Magnetic antenna (with attached 10' cable terminated by SMB-connector)
- 10' AV cable (with an AV 3.5mm connector on one end and composite/stereo RCA connectors on other end)
- IR receiver (with attached 10' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Remote control (with installed CR2025 3V lithium battery)
- Operating Manual
- Warranty Card
- Product Registration Card
Overview: The Boyo VT-MH is a mobile ATSC-M/H digital TV receiver which allows you to tune in mobile digital TV stations inside your vehicle, around select cities broadcasting mobile DTV (Mobile DTV Station Guide). Simply connect the Boyo VT-MH to your vehicle's in-dash, headrest, or overhead monitor. The Boy VT-MH includes a ATSC-M/H digital TV tuner module and an external antenna.
Note: The Boyo VT-MH mobile ATSC M/H digital TV tuner can receive signal at up to 65 mph.
Hide-Away Digital Tuner Module: The ATSC digital TV tuner module is designed to be hidden away inside your vehicle. It connects to your vehicle's in-dash, overhead, or headrest monitor via composite video and stereo RCA.
Magnetic Antenna: The Boyo VT-MH includes an external pole antenna with a magnetic base. The antenna is designed to be mounted on the roof or trunk of the vehicle.
Channel Scan: When you use the ATSC-M/H digital receiver for the first time, you will need to press the remote's "SCAN" button to receive channels. When you have finished the channel scan, the channel data will be stored in the receiver. When you move to another area outside of the original "channel-scan" range, you will need to re-scan the tuner module for stations in your current area.
Channel Information: The Boyo VT-MH ATSC digital receiver will display channel information such as Channel Number, Broadcasting Name, Reception of Signal Strength, and Status of Audio (Stereo/Mono).
Remote Control: The Boyo VT-MH comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control and external IR receiver. The IR receiver plugs into the hide-away tuner's Remote (3.5mm) input and allows you to wirelessly operate the ATSC tuner with the included IR remote. The remote has an operating range of 10' at a 15-degree angle. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 3V lithium battery (included).
Channel Selection: There are 3-ways to select channels from the ATSC-M/H digital tuner.
- Manual Selection: Manually select next or previous channel.
- Direct Selection: Enter the channel number.
- Channel List: Select from a list of received channels.
Picture Size: You can change the screen size of the unit's video output based on the type of monitor you are using. You can change the screen size between Full and Normal.
- Power (DC12/24V) Input: The power input connects the supplied power/ground harness.
- Remote Input: This 3.5mm input connect the included IR extension receiver.
- AV Output: This 3.5mm AV output connects the supplied AV cable to your vehicle's in-dash, headrest, or overhead monitor.
- Antenna Input: The single SMB antenna connector connects the included pole antenna.
- Micro-USB: The hide-away tuner features a micro-USB port for downloading software and firmware updates (USB cable not included).
- DC Power: DC 12V/24V
- Current Consumption: 300mA/160mA
- Audio Output Level: 0.5Vrms (10k ohms)
- Video Output Level: 1Vpp (75 ohms)
- Frequency Range: 57-803 MHz (VHF/UHF)
- Antenna Style: Pole
- Antenna Input Impedance: 50 ohms
- Reception of Signal: -90 dBm minimum
- ATSC M/H Digital Tuner Module: 4.875" (wide) x 0.75" (height) x 4.25" (deep)
- Aerial Antenna: 1.1875" (diameter) x 5.875" (height)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.