Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Etón calls its Axis emergency radio a "safety hub." It's a good description. The Axis features a high-quality radio, as well as standard and emergency lights. Its hand-cranked dynamo can keep the Axis and an attached cell phone charged and ready.
Power when you need it
You can power the Axis with three "AAA" batteries, but if you don't have any, it's no problem. The Axis also has a built-in rechargeable battery pack, which you can charge via the lightweight aluminum hand crank, or (when your power isn't out) by connecting the radio to your computer's USB port.
And the Axis not only stores power, but delivers it as well. You can charge your cell phone through the Axis' special USB phone-charging port, ensuring you can make an emergency call when you need to.
AM, FM, and weather bands
The Axis' analog tuner pulls in both AM and FM stations. And it receives all seven NOAA weather bands, so you can monitor changing atmospheric conditions. A large, easy-to-read display shows you frequency, as well as time.
Four LEDs provide plenty of bright light. And you can switch to flashing red LEDs when you need an emergency beacon.
- mono AM/FM/NOAA radio
- built-in AM antenna
- external extendable FM antenna
- receives 7 NOAA weather channels
- built-in 4-LED flashlight with flashing red beacon
- built-in cell phone charger (cable and adapter tips not included)
- minijack headphone output
- built-in rechargeable NiMH battery pack
- hand-cranked dynamo
- can operate on 3 "AAA" batteries (available separately)
- USB mini input for charging the radio via your computer (cable included)
- USB phone-charging output lets you power a cell phone
- weight: 1 lb. 8.3 oz.
- 6-3/8"W x 6-5/8"H x 2-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Etón Axis self-powered safety hub Reviews
What's in the box?
- Self-powered AM/FM/NOAA weather alert radio (with telescoping antenna and hand crank)
- NiMh battery (installed)
- 26" mini-USB (type-B) to USB (type-A) cable
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Guide
- Limited Warranty/Product Registration
- "Read This First" note
Overview: The Eton Axis (NPT300WXB) is a self-powered AM/FM/NOAA weather alert radio with a rechargeable battery, hand crank, flashlight, and USB cell-phone charger.
AM/FM Tuner: The Eton Axis is equipped with a built-in AM (520-1710 kHz) / FM (87-108 MHz) digital tuner.
NOAA Weather Band + Alert: The Eton Axis also features all 7 channels of the NOAA weather band with Alert function. After you have tuned into your local weather channel, the radio can be set to the alert function. This function turns off the sound, but continues to monitor the NOAA frequency. If an alert is broadcast, the sound turns back on automatically, enabling you to hear the alert broadcast.
- Channel 1: 162.400 Mhz
- Channel 2: 162. 425 Mhz
- Channel 3: 162.450 Mhz
- Channel 4: 162.475 Mhz
- Channel 5: 162.500 Mhz
- Channel 6: 162.525 Mhz
- Channel 7: 162.550 Mhz
Digital Clock with Alarm: The Eton Axis features a digital alarm clock. The digital alarm clock can be set to a 12-hour or 24-hour mode.
Headphone Output: The Eton Axis is equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack for connecting a set of headphones for private listening. Sound will be heard from both sides of the headphone in monaural (mono). The unit's speakers are muted when headphones are connected.
Audio In: The 3.5mm audio input enables you to listen to other devices (such as your MP3 player) through the Eton Axis.
Flash Light: The Eton Axis features 4 built-in white LEDs to be used as a flash light.
Power Requirements: The Eton Axis is powered by 3 "AAA" batteries (not included) and a rechargeable NiMH battery (included). The rechargeable NiMH battery can be charged either through the mini-USB port (with included cable) or by the hand crank.
- Self-Powered Aluminum Crank: Crank charging for 2 minute will play the radio for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mini-USB Port: It takes approximately 8 hours to fully re-charge the Axis via the mini-USB port. A fully charged NiMH will play for approximately 4 to 5 hours.
Cell Phone Charging: The Eton Axis lets you charge your cell phone via is USB (type-A) charging port. You can charge your cell phone from the radio's NiMH battery or via the unit's hand crank.
- Via Battery: With a full charged Axis, 20 minutes of cell phone charging will then allow approximately 20-25 minutes of talk time.
- Via Hand Crank: Turn the crank for approximately 7 minutes at 130 rpm to charge the cell phone enough to talk for approximately 5 minutes.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.