Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Be prepared when the electricity goes out with the Etón hand-cranked FR300 radio. You can power up the radio's rechargeable battery pack with less than two minutes of cranking, so the FR300's ready when you need it. An analog tuner pulls in all seven NOAA weather bands as well as AM and FM signals. It also receives NOAA alerts. The radio's fine-tuning knob lets you make minute adjustments to bring in stations with weak signals.
Two bright white LED lights serve as a built-in flashlight. There's also a flashing red LED light and emergency siren to alert others to your location.
- mono AM/FM/NOAA portable radio
- built-in AM antenna
- external extendable FM antenna
- 7 NOAA weather channels plus NOAA alerts
- analog tuner
- fine-tuning control knob
- 2 white LED lights serve as built-in flashlight
- 1 flashing red LED light
- emergency siren
- built-in cell phone charger (charging cable and adapter tips not included)
- minijack headphone output
- built-in rechargeable NiMH battery pack
- hand-cranked dynamo
- can use 3 "AA" batteries (not included)
- can use AC adapter (not included)
- protective pouch
- weight: 1.18 lbs.
- 6-11/16"W x 6-3/8"H x 2-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Etón FR300 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Bought this Item as a gift for my grandfather he LOVES IT !!
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/Weather Band/VHF TV (audio only) Radio
- Soft sided case
- Owner's manual (English/Spanish)
- Offer for free cell phone adapter
- Battery note
- Red Cross radio brochure
Overview: This is a portable AM/FM, weather band, emergency alert radio. The FR300 can be powered by four different sources; an AC adapter (not included), three AA batteries (not included), the rechargeable Ni-MH battery (included), or the hand crank on the left side. The hand crank provides emergency power. The unit also has a light and siren.
- Power: battery (AA), Dynamo/Adapter (crank power, rechargeable battery, or AC adapter), off
- Weather: choose one of the seven weather bands
- Band: choose AM, FM, or Weather
- Siren: siren, alert, or off
- Light: Light (two white LEDs are constantly on), Flash (one red LED flashes), off
- Tuning/Volume: rotary knobs adjust volume and AM/FM frequency, a second fine tuning knob makes small adjustments to the frequency
Battery: The rechargeable Ni-MH battery capacity is 450 mAh at 3.6 volts DC. It can be recharged by the AC adapter or the hand crank.
7 Weather Channels: This device allows you to select from one of the seven NOAA weather broadcast channels. These broadcasts are found in the public service frequency band, and include 162.400MHz (Channel 1), 162.425MHz (Channel 2), 162.450MHz (Channel 3), 162.475MHz (Channel 4), 162.500MHz (Channel 5), 162.525MHz (Channel 6), and 162.550MHz (Channel 7).
Weather Alert: Alert will turn the radio on when a weather alert is broadcast on the weather frequency you currently have tuned.
Antenna: This AM antenna in built into the radio. The 26" telescoping antenna covers all other bands.
Light: The built-in light has two modes; two white LEDs stay lit constantly to serve as a flash light, or a single red LED flashes as a beacon.
Siren: The loud siren alerts others of your location if you need assistance.
Headphones: On the back of the radio is a 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack.
Cell Phone Charger: The phone charger output is also on the back or the radio. Phone specific adapters are available directly from etón. You can charge your cell phone using the hand crank.