Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Handy in an emergency
When the power suddenly goes out, there are two things you want right away a flashlight and a radio. That's usually when you discover the batteries for both are dead. That's not a problem with the Etón FRX2 emergency radio and flashlight. If its batteries are depleted, you can recharge them in about 5-10 minutes using its hand crank. A glow-in-the-dark strip on the radio's side means you won't have to grope for it in the sudden darkness, either.
Alternate power options
The FRX2's great for camping trips, hiking, or other outdoor activities. It features a built-in solar panel that conveniently recharges its battery pack when it's out in the sun. And when you come back inside, plug the FRX2's AC adapter into a wall outlet to keep it charged.
Radio, flashlight, smartphone charger
A digital tuner pulls in AM and FM stations and receives all seven NOAA weather bands, so you can monitor changing atmospheric conditions. An LED flashlight in the top provides clear illumination in the dark. And one more thing. You can use the FRX2 to charge your smartphone, so you can keep it powered to send and receive emergency calls.
- mono AM/FM/NOAA radio
- built-in AM antenna
- external extendable FM antenna
- receives 7 NOAA weather channels plus NOAA alerts
- built-in LED flashlight
- glow in the dark locator
- USB smartphone charger (charging cable and adapter tips not included)
- minijack headphone output
- built-in rechargeable NiMH battery pack
- hand-cranked dynamo
- AC adapter
- 5-3/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 2-3/8"D
- weight: 9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Etón FRX2 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Hand-turbine AM/FM/Weather radio
- 33" USB cable (mini-USB type-B connector on one end and a USB type-A connector on other end)
- Owner's Manual
- Limited Warranty/Product Registration
Overview: This is a portable AM/FM/Weather Band radio. The FRX2 can be powered by four different sources; an AC adapter (not included), the rechargeable Ni-MH battery (included), the hand crank, or the built-in solar panel. The hand crank provides emergency power and will charge the battery. The unit also has a 3 LED flashlight.
- Volume/Power: rotary knob adjusts volume; power turns off when rotated fully counter clockwise
- AM/FM Tuning: rotary knob adjusts AM and FM frequency
- Band: slide switch to choose AM, FM, or Weather Bands 1-7
- Light: On (three white LEDs constantly on), Off
Weather Channels: This radio allows you to select any of the seven NOAA weather broadcast channels. These broadcasts are found in the public service frequency band, and include 162.400MHz (Channel 1), 162.425MHz (Channel 2), 162.450MHz (Channel 3), 162.475MHz (Channel 4), 162.500MHz (Channel 5), 162.525MHz (Channel 6), and 162.550MHz (Channel 7).
Rechargeable Battery: The FRX2 features a built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery. It can be recharged by the built-in hand crank, the integrated solar-panel, your computer (using the including USB cable), or optional AC adapter (not included).
- Hand-Crank Charging: 5 minutes of cranking will result in approximately 10 minutes of low volume playback or 2 hours of flashlight use.
- Solar Panel Charging: 10-12 hours in the sun will allow approximately 3 hours of low volume playback.
- USB/AC Adapter Charging: The battery will be fully charged in approximately 3 hours.
Antenna: The AM antenna is built into the radio. The 10" telescoping antenna covers the FM and Weather bands.
Headphones: On the right side of the radio is a 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack. The FRX2's tuner is monaural, but sound is output to both the left and right headphones.
Cell Phone Charger: There is a phone charger output (USB type-A) on the side of the radio. You can charge your cell phone using the hand crank (phone specific adapters are available directly from etón). 10 to 15 minutes of hand-cranking results in only 1 minute of talk time.
Flashlight: The FRX2 features a built-in flashlight to help you see in the dark when the power goes out.
Glow-in-Dark Locator: After absorbing light energy, the glow-in-the-dark locator glows up to 8 hours allowing it to be found easily in the dark.