Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The path to great sound doesn't need to be riddled with visual obstacles like large free-standing speakers. Klipsch's in-ceiling KL-7502-THX delivers exceptional performance in more ways than one. Unlike most in-ceiling speakers '7502-THX does a remarkable job of convincing listeners that the sound is coming from in front of rather than above them. It's ideal for use as a left, right and center-channel speaker.
The THX difference
This is Klipsch's top-of-the-line in-ceiling speaker, and it bears the THX-Ultra2 seal of approval, which means it can produce crisp, clear sound at highly demanding reference levels in rooms as large as 3,000 cubic feet. Install a pair of KL-7502-THXs to the left and right side of your sofa or behind you as a stealth surround setup.
The KS-7800-THX sports dual 5.25-inch Cerametallic woofers that operate in an enclosed tuned-port chamber. These exclusive woofer cones offer superb damping characteristics resulting in consistent bass response.
Horn technology for focused sound
A 1-inch titanium tweeter in a patented 60-90-110-degree horn employs Klipsch's Variable Coverage Technology, allowing the speaker to create precise imaging and localized sound fields. This horn design helps the speaker reproduce accurate detail with everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound.
- THX® Ultra2 certification guarantees accurate sound
- in-ceiling speaker for use in stereo or surround sound systems
- dual 5-1/4" Cerametallic woofers
- 1" titanium tweeter
- Variable Coverage Technology featuring a patented 60-90-110 degree horn for the tweeter
- bass-reflex enclosure with front-firing port for enhanced bass output
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- frequency response 45-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 93 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- paintable aluminum grille
- cutout diameter: 13-1/4"H
- mounting depth: 9-1/2"
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Klipsch KL-7502-THX Reviews
What's in the box?
- In-ceiling speaker
- White metal mesh grille
- Plastic paint shield
- Cardboard template
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Installation Guidelines
Features and Specs
|Power Range (Watts)||100|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Parts Warranty||Ltd. Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Ltd. Lifetime|
High Efficiency: The KL-7502-THX's titanium horn-loaded tweeter is mated to the woofers using precision-voiced high-definition crossover networks creating high sensitivity. This makes the speaker easier to drive so it requires a lot less amplification power than conventional designs. The high-efficiency design of the Kirsch in-ceiling speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-ceiling and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 93dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
Two-Way Speaker Design: The KL-7502-THX uses a premium 1" Titanium compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Horn, combined with two 5.25" Cerametallic woofers in a two-way design.
- 1" Titanium Tweeter: The KL-7502-THX utilizes a 1" Titanium dome compression tweeter mated to a 60°-90°-110° Horn that features VCT (Variable Coverage Technology) that allows the speaker to create precise imaging and localized soundfields. The horn design dramatically increases efficiency by enabling the speaker to produce more output using less energy.
- Dual 5.25" Woofers: The KL-7502-THX employs two high-output 5.25" Cerametallic cones that operate in an enclosed tuned port chamber for powerful bass impact. These exclusive woofer cones offer superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the drivers' operating ranges resulting in consistent bass response regardless of the installation or ceiling air space.
ABS Frame/Metal Grille: The KL-7502-THX has a sturdy ABS frame assembly and a deluxe MDF baffle with brushed aluminum fascia. The frame and metal mesh grille can be painted to match any decor.
Speaker Terminals: The speaker has a gold-plated pair of spring-loaded binding posts that can accept up to 12-gauge wire, single banana plugs, or pin connectors.
Power Specifications Note: The manufacturer has specified the maximum power handling of this speaker as 100 watts RMS (400 W Peak). Klipsch has also published a recommended amplifier power specification as 150 watts.
New or Pre-Existing Installation: The in-ceiling speaker can be installed in new or existing construction. It requires a cutout diameter of 13.25", with a mounting depth of 9.5". A cardboard template is supplied to measure cutout opening. For existing construction, the speaker should be installed in drywall (or other mounting surfaces) at least 1/2" thick. The Klipsch in-ceiling speaker features four sure-grip mounting dogs (clamps) that provide even pressure against drywall for long-term installation reliability. For new construction, purchase of the IK-502-C installation kit ( sold separately) is highly recommended.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.