Our take on the Klipsch La Scala II
An updated classic
Have a big room? Need a big speaker to fill it? Then the Klipsch Heritage Series La Scala II should definitely be on your short list. Originally released in 1963 for use as a "portable" public address speaker, it also turned out to be a fantastic performer for the home. Now built from resonance-absorbing 1-inch thick MDF instead of plywood and aesthetically enhanced for living room environments, the latest version of this classic horn-loaded floor-standing speaker is ready to rock your world with stunning dynamics, low-distortion bass, and extreme output levels.
A fully horn-loaded design
The La Scala II's horn-loaded tweeter and midrange compression drivers give it exceptional sensitivity, flat frequency response, and broad, controlled dispersion. This translates to unequaled clarity, detail, and lightning-quick transients for that "live, you-are-there" Klipsch sound. A 15" folded-horn woofer delivers truly astonishing bass performance and responsiveness. The La Scala II's extremely high sensitivity also makes it a great choice for low- and medium-powered tube amps. The two-piece design, with separate tweeter/midrange and bass cabinets, helps make transporting and positioning the speaker easier.
A hand-built beauty
This speaker looks every bit as good as it sounds, featuring a handsome, furniture-grade woodgrain veneer cabinet. Klipsch still makes the La Scala II one at a time by hand in Hope, Arkansas. Each speaker is available in a beautiful Cherry, Walnut, or Black Ash lacquered wood veneer finish.
Most speakers don't include any. Learn about choosing and installing speaker wire at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
Klipsch Heritage Series products are built to order, handmade in the US at their Hope, Arkansas manufacturing facility. Please allow up to 8 weeks turnaround time.
- three-way design with horn-loaded enclosures
- separate upper and lower cabinets for easier setup
- frequency response: 51-17,000 Hz (±4dB)
- power handling: 100 watts max. continuous (400W peak)
- sensitivity: 105 dB (1 watt/1 meter)
- maximum acoustic output: 121dB SPL
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- tweeter: 1" phenolic-diaphragm compression driver with exponential horn
- midrange: 2" phenolic-diaphragm compression driver with exponential horn
- woofer: 15" fiber-composite cone with a folded horn
- dual binding post connectors allow bi-wiring or bi-amping
- real wood veneer finish
- 24-1/4"W x 38-1/2"H x 25-1/4"D
- weight: 175.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee