Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Expand Klipsch®'s ingenious LightSpeaker system in more rooms with this add-on speaker. You can use as many as eight speakers four pairs with one transmitter (sold in the LightSpeaker system kit). The LightSpeaker features a built-in amplifier and wireless receiver, as well as a low-distortion driver for clear, detailed sound. Installation is easy the speaker just screws into an existing recessed lighting fixture, with no cabling required. It also includes a long-lasting LED light bulb, so you won't lose light when you gain sound.
- add-on speaker for Klipsch LightSpeaker system
- installs in standard 5" or 6" recessed ceiling light fixture (with Edison socket)
- long-lasting LED light bulb
- built-in 20-watt amplifier
- 2-1/2" wide-dispersion driver
- frequency response: 90-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- depth: 7-1/8"
- diameter (without bezel): 5-1/8"
- warranty: 1 year (2 years for LED)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Klipsch LightSpeaker® Reviews
What's in the box?
- Lens cover
- Large bezel
- Small bezel
- Quick Installation Guide (Eng/Spa)
Features and Specs
|Enclosure Type||Acoustic Suspension|
|Power Range (Watts)||20|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year (2 Yrs LED)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year (2 Yrs LED)|
Overview: The Klipsch LightSpeaker (L 5.2.0) is an add-on wireless speaker for the Klipsch LightSpeaker System (714LS522, sold separately). The wireless LightSpeaker is intended to install into a 5" or 6" recessed ceiling light fixture, common in most homes and will replace a standard light bulb (R-30 or R-40).
LightSpeaker: The LightSpeaker simply installs into almost any 5" (R-30) or 6" (R-40) recessed ceiling light fixture and serves two system purposes - it act as a wireless, self-powered loudspeaker and a dimmable LED light.
- Full-Range Sound Performance: The LightSpeaker's full-range internal speaker uses a 20 watt high-performance, low-distortion digital amplifier to deliver energy efficient sound. Furthermore, the 2.5-inch wide dispersion driver uses digital signal processing to optimize high- and low-frequency output for a full spectrum of sound.
- Brilliant LED Light: The LightSpeaker comes with a fully dimmable LED bulb that is rated for 25,000 to 40,000 hours of use and can last over 15 years (long lifespan saves changing 50 standard bulbs). It also reduces daily lighting expenses by 80%, using 10 watts to produce light that's bright enough to replace up to a 65-watt bulb. The LED light is fully dimmable using the included remote and transmitter. Unlike incandescent bulbs, LED light bulbs contain no mercury or halogen gases and produce almost no heat.
Earth Friendly: The LightSpeaker can pay for itself in 5 years through savings on installation, equipment, and daily usage of the LED green lighting.
No Wiring/Easy Install: The LightSpeaker installs like a light bulb and fits almost any fixture with a standard Edison socket; such as 5- and 6-inch recessed can-lighting, hanging lights, as well as table and floor lamps. The LightSpeaker is equipped with a unique mounting system (SimpleTabs). The three SimpleTabs, on the back of the speaker can be rotated outward and when the LightSpeaker is pressed into the housing, hold it centered and securely in place. There is no wiring, no retrofitting, and no software. Plus, uninstalling the LightSpeaker is just as simple, in case you move.
Mounting Requirements: The Klipsch LightSpeaker requires a light fixture with an Edison socket and an opening of 4.75" in diameter with 6.5625" of depth.
|Ceiling Height||Recommend Max Speaker Spacing|
|14' & higher||25'|
- Without Bezel: 5.125" (diameter) x 7.125" (depth)
- With 5" Bezel: 6.75" (diameter) x 7.125" (depth)
- With 6" Bezel: 7.5625" (diameter) x 7.125" (depth)