Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Make your movies and music feel more real
The hard-hitting Klipsch SW-450 adds powerful bass impact to all your music, movies, and video games. This high-output subwoofer sports a 200-watt Class D amplifier and a strong-yet-light 10" woofer designed for quick, precise movement and plenty of low-end punch. Built-in controls make it easy to adjust volume, crossover, and more to dial in just the right amount of "oomph" for your music and movies.
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- 200-watt RMS Class D amplifier, 450 watts dynamic output
- high-excursion 10" down-firing fiber-composite driver
- frequency response 28-120 Hz (±3dB)
- variable 40-150 Hz crossover with crossover bypass
- phase switch
- auto on/off
- line-level/LFE (low frequency effects) input
- binding post speaker-level inputs
- black vinyl finish
- 16"W x 17"H x 20-3/4"D
- weight: 35.5 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why add a powered subwoofer?
A powered subwoofer gives you bass you can feel as well as hear. Our customers love the depth and impact their subs add to music and movies. We hear comments like "it brings out sounds I didn't know existed in discs I've watched a million times." Powered subwoofers aren't just for big bass that rattles your picture frames; they can also deliver tight, accurate lows. If you haven't shopped for a powered sub in a while, you might be surprised at how small they get. Look for an ultra-compact model if you want to tuck your sub away under an end table or in a corner.
Klipsch SW-450 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
I love listening to music. I listen to many genres. I purchased this sub over a year ago because I felt something was missing in my music. When I brought it home and hooked it up I couldn't help but laugh like a kid in a candy store. On top of listening to music, I like to feel it as well. It sounds great playing all kinds of music. When I watch my IMAX Hubble telescope movie I crank it when the Shuttle launch scene plays. Oh my. The walls rattle. Anyways, I am completely satisfied with this product ans recommend it to anyone.
Pros: Great sound. Easy to adjust. Plug and play my friends.
Cons: A little big.
What's in the box?
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' Power cord
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's manual
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Composition||Composite fiber|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-150|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||200|
|Frequency Response||28-120 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
10" Woofer: The Klipsch SW-450 powered sub uses a powerful 10" woofer that offers increased bass response with low distortion.
200W Class D Amplifier: The Klipsch SW-450 employs a built-in Class D amplifier that delivers 200 watts of RMS power and 450 watts of Peak power for deep, impactful bass.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Klipsch SW-450 utilizes a bass-reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port to produce big, powerful bass. This highly efficient enclosure design produces more output using less energy.
Controls: The Klipsch SW-450 powered sub features individual controls to tailor volume, crossover frequency, and phase adjustment.
- Gain Control: The gain control of the Klipsch SW-450 adjusts the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of your home audio system.
- Low-Pass Crossover: The Klipsch SW-450 powered subwoofer features a variable low-pass crossover which is adjustable from 40-150Hz. The crossover point chosen determines where low bass frequencies are "handed-off" from your entertainment system's loudspeakers to the Klipsch powered subwoofer.
- Phase: The Klipsch SW-450 powered subwoofer has an adjustable phase switch which can be set to 0° or 180°. The Phase switch is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your system's main speakers.
Connections: The Klipsch SW-450 powered subwoofer offers line-level (including LFE) and speaker-level inputs.
- Line-Level Input: The Klipsch SW-450 powered subwoofer is equipped with a pair of line-level RCA-type inputs. Most of today's AV receivers have a line-level subwoofer LFE output. If your receiver has this output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable to it and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer's line-level input labeled "LEFT/LFE". This connection allows the subwoofer to operate with both music and surround sound movies. In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hookup, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from a receiver to the "Left/LFE" and "Right" input on the powered subwoofer.
- Speaker-Level Inputs: If your AV receiver does not have an LFE out or subwoofer preamp output, you can connect the Klipsch subwoofer to the receiver via speaker-level connection, using the powered subwoofer's 5-way binding posts. The terminals on the AV receiver used to connect the powered subwoofer will be the same terminals used to connect the AV receiver to your main speakers. Take care that no bare wires from any of the connection touch any other terminals, or each other, as this could damage your equipment.
Rubber Feet: The Klipsch powered subwoofer is equipped with four integrated rubber feet to help prevent against vibration.
Placement: Klipsch powered subwoofers are designed to reproduce deep bass and deliver the impact that makes your movies and music come alive. Typically, optimum performance will result if you place the subwoofer in a corner of the room on the same wall as your front channel speakers. Placing the powered subwoofer along the middle of the wall, or out in the room will decrease its output.
Power Auto/On/Off: The Klipsch powered subwoofer features a 3-way power switch. This is the main AC power switch for the subwoofer. This switch must be in the "On" position for the subwoofer to operate or the "Auto" position for the Auto-On feature to function. Set this switch to the "Off" position if the subwoofer will not be used for an extended period of time. When this switch is in the "Auto" position, the subwoofer will automatically turn on when it senses a signal. It will automatically turn off after 20 minutes with no signal.