Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bring light to dark places
You just wanted to grab a rake from the shed. But with the sun low in the sky and no flashlight you're just happy you made it back out the door without banging your head on a low-hanging hose. This solar-powered shed light from MAXSA makes that scenario a thing of the past. Mount it on a nearby wall in the shed and you've got bright, reliable lighting close at hand every time, so you can find your tools and steer clear of obstacles. Best of all, the super-efficient LED light is solar-powered and easy to install, so you don't need to hire an electrician. The rechargeable batteries are powered by sunlight gathered during the day, so they‘ll be charged and ready for your next after-dark adventure.
This MAXSA light is one of many home security and safety products available at Crutchfield.
- solar-powered light illuminates work surfaces and your shed's interior
- five super-bright LEDs
- included solar panel connects to light with 13-foot cable
- solar panel charges the included rechargeable Ni-MH batteries
- DIY installation with no connection to home wiring needed and no electrician required
- attaches easily to your shed wall
- turn on and off manually using the pull cord
- shed light dimensions: 8-5/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 1-3/4"D
- solar panel dimensions: 4-1/4"W x 4-1/4"H x 9/16"D
- panel base dimensions: 2-5/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 2-5/16"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MAXSA 40440 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
For the money this is a pretty good product. I use it to light my chicken coop at night. It provides sufficient light to allow me to observe the chickens at night. I am not sure of the potential life since it seems somewhat flimsy. It does provide light all night without the batteries going dead even after a cloudy day.
Pros: Long light life
Cons: light weight plastic likely to break
What's in the box?
- Indoor LED light (w/ 9" pull cord)
- Outdoor solar-panel (w/ attached 13' power cord)
- Six 1.25" screws
- 6 Drywall anchors
- Assembly/Instruction Guide
Solar-Power Light: The MAXSA Solar Powered Shed Light converts sunlight into electricity during the day, enabling you to have light in your shed at night by simply puling on a cord. With this light, searching for tools in the dark will no longer be a problem. You can also help save the environment be conserving energy with this Solar Power Shed Light. The Solar Powered Shed Light comes complete with an indoor LED light and outdoor solar panel with a 14' power cord.
LED Lights: The MAXSA Solar Powered Shed Light features five LED lights that will last up to 30,000 hours and should never need replacement.
Rechargeable Battery: The Solar Power Shed Light can light for up to 5 hours when the battery is full charged. The 3 sealed rechargeable Ni-MH batteries included with the product should last for many years before they need to be replaced.
Note: During the initial charge period, leave the light off while the solar panel charges in direct sunlight for 3 days.
- Shed Light: The light must be installed inside the shed or in place protected from rain or snow. Use the shed light's rear-panel keyhole slots and the included screws, to mount the light to your wall or ceiling. The shed light and solar panel connect to one another via the solar panel's attached 13' power cord.
- Solar Panel: Mount the panel facing South, which will maximize the direct sunlight exposure during the day. For optimum sun exposure and longer light output, place the solar panel where it will receive 6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day. Mount the solar panel with the enclosed screws to a solid wood or metal surface. The solar panel is fully adjustable in all directions, simply and gently rotate to the desired locking position. Placing the panel in a shaded location will no allow the batteries to charge fully, reducing the number of hours the light will operate per evening.
- Shed Light: 8.625" (W) x 2.5" (H) x 1.75" (D)
- Solar Panel:
- Panel: 4.25" (W) x 4.25" (H) x 0.5625" (D)
- Base: 2.625" (W) x 1.75" (H) x 2.3125" (D)
- Pull Cord: 9" (L)
- Power Cord: 13' (L)