Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Safety, security and easy installation
This solar-powered spotlight from MAXSA brightens dark areas around your home at night. Mount it near a doorway, walkway, or garage, and it'll automatically turn on when it detects motion. You can adjust the coverage area by aiming its dual light heads.
This spotlight's solar panel charges the included "AA" batteries and comes with an 8.75-foot cable for flexible placement. Installation is easy — no need to connect it to your home's existing wiring.
This MAXSA light is one of many home security and safety products available at Crutchfield.
- illuminates doorways, walkways, or garages at night when motion is detected
- dual-head design creates two light beams using 12 bright LEDs (6 per head)
- detects motion up to 25 feet away within a 120-degree area
- time, motion sensitivity, and light sensitivity adjustments
- DIY installation with no connection to home wiring needed and no electrician required
- weatherproof design
- separate light and solar panel allow flexible installation options
- included 10' cable connects solar panel and light
- solar panel charges 3 included rechargeable "AA" batteries
- security light dimensions: 7-3/4"W x 10"H x 8"D
- solar panel dimensions: 8-3/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 5/8"D
- panel bracket dimensions: 4-1/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 3-5/8"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MAXSA 44418 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Simple and Effective
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This Light Was A Pretty Good Deal For The Price. Due To The Lack Of Street Lights Fronting Our Home My Family And I Were Looking For A Simple Yet Effective Fix For Deterring Strangers. As I Am Not Into Home Electrical Installations This Product Provided The Perfect Solution For A DIY'er Like Myself. One Light Assembly (With Battery Pack Included) And One Solar Panel, Hardware Included! Our Set Up Is About 14Ft Above The Ground And Turns On When Sensing Movement Within A 20Ft Radius From The Base Of Its 14Ft Mount. Just Enough To Alert Us And Trespassers But Far Enough So As To Not Be Activated By Cars Passing By. It Does Provide A Decent Amount Of Light For An Area With Little To No Light Allowing Us To See Any Person Or Animal From Upstairs But Don't Expect To Be Playing A Baseball Game Under These Lights. It Does What Its Supposed To Do: Detect Motion, Turn On Lights, And Be A Self-contained Unit, And It Does It Well! I Bought Two More For A Couple Of Friends With Some Dark Corners Around Their Homes Too!
Pros: - Everything Included In The Box - Simple Installation For Any DIY'er - Both Light Heads Are Individually Adjustable 90° Left To Right, And Up And Down - Light Duration And Sensor Sensitivity Adjustable - Affordable!
Cons: - May Not Be As Bright As Typical House-Based Units, But Stil Does The Job.
What's in the box?
- Outdoor dual LED spotlight (w/ integrated bracket)
- Outdoor solar-panel (w/ attached 10' power cord)
- 6 Screws
- 6 Drywall anchors
- Assembly/Operating Instructions
Solar-Power Light: The motion-sctivated dual head LED spotlight turns on automatically when motion is detected. Because the light runs off of solar power suing free energy from the sun, it never costs you electricity and can be mounted anywhere the solar panel can receive sunlight. The motion-activated dual head LED spotlight is ideal for areas where electricity is not available; including carports, outside garages, porches, decks, and other outside areas. The light provides safety and security around your home, business, or building.
LED Lights: The MAXSA solar powered dual head spotlight features 12 LED lights (6 per head) that will last up to 30,000 hours and should never need replacement.
Motion Sensor: The MAXSA solar powered dual head spotlight is equipped with a built-in motion sensor. The passive infrared (IR) motion sensor turns the dual head solar spotlight on automatically when motion is detected. The sensor can detect motion within a 120° horizontal angle and a distance of up to 25'. The motion sensor of the dual head solar spotlight is temperature sensitive. The cooler the temperature, the more sensitive the motion sensor will become. Use the Sensitivity dial to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor to compensate for environmental temperature changes.
Light Level Adjustment: The LUX dial controls the natural light that triggers the Dual Head Solar Spotlight and prevents the light from operating during daylight hours. The dual head solar spotlight comes preset for activation at dusk. You can adjust the LUX dial for activation in a brighter or darker setting.
Time Dial: The time period adjustment control dial set the duration that the solar dual head spotlight will remain illuminated after the last detected motion. The time period has an adjustable range of 10 to 60 seconds.
Rechargeable Battery: The battery included in this unit is a rechargeable Ni-MH battery (3.6V/200mAh). When the battery is fully charged, this solar dual head spotlight can light up for up to 2.5 hours, which is equivalent to 150 one-minute cycles when the Time dial is set the maximum position. The battery should last for approximately 3 years before it will need to be replaced.
Note: During the initial charge period, leave the light off while the solar panel charges in direct sunlight for 3 days.
- Dual Head spotlight: The dual head spotlight features an integrated mounting bracket which allows you to mount the light to a wall (using the included hardware). The spotlight works best when installed with the round motion sensor at the bottom. The mounting bracket allows you to adjust the angle of the light to where you need it most. The dual head spotlight and solar panel connect to one another via the solar panel's attached 10' power cord.
- Solar Panel: Mount the panel facing South, which will maximize the direct sunlight exposure during the day. For optimum sun exposure and longer light output, place the solar panel where it will receive 6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day. Mount the solar panel with the enclosed screws to a solid wood or metal surface. You can adjust the angle of the solar panel by gently rotating to a different locking position. Placing the panel in a shaded location will no allow the batteries to charge fully, reducing the number of hours the light will operate per evening.
- Dual Head Spotlight:
- Spotlights (each):2.625" (W) x 2.625" (H) x 2.8125" (D)
- Bracket:2.25" (W) x 2.75" (H) x 4.9375" (D)
- Solar Panel:
- Panel: 8.1875" (W) x 6.25" (H) x 0.625" (D)
- Bracket: 4.25" (W) x 2.375" (H) x 3.625" (D)
- Power Cord: 10' (L)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.