Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Move into the light
Arriving home after dark, it's comforting to know that this motion-activated floodlight will automatically turn on when you pull into your driveway. You can even set the timer so the light stays on long enough for you to negotiate a path strewn with toys and see to slip your key in the lock.
The super-bright, super-efficient LED light is solar-powered, so you don't have to pay an electrician to hook it up or pay higher electric bills. Just use the supplied cable to connect the solar panel to the floodlight. The sun's rays will charge its built-in battery so the light is ready when you need it.
This MAXSA light is one of many home security and safety products available at Crutchfield.
- motion-sensing solar-powered floodlight with 100 LEDs
- DIY installation with no connection to home wiring needed and no electrician required
- detects motion within 180 degrees and up to 40 feet away
- great for decks, patios, balconies, entrance doors, garages, driveways, carports, walkways, backyards, sheds, pool areas, and stairs
- light duration adjustable from 10 seconds to 1 minute
- motion and daylight sensitivity adjustments
- durable, weatherproof aluminum construction
- included 15-ft. cable connects solar panel and light
- rechargeable battery included
- security light dimensions: 7-5/8"W x 8-1/2"H x 6-1/4"D
- solar panel dimensions: 8-3/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 5/8"D
- panel base dimensions: 4-1/8"D x 3-5/8"H x 2-3/8"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MAXSA 44449 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Pros: Extremey practical.
Cons: The only problem it was the installation holes, maybe if they improve that you'll deserve more than 5 *
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great product. Produces plenty of light in an area that has absolutely no light at all. Much brighter than I thought it was going to be.It was also very easy to install on my new garage along with the solar panel. The solar panel is small and does not distract from the looks of the building.
Pros: I am very happy with all aspects of this product and was very pleased with the extremely quick delivery by Crutchfield.
What's in the box?
- Outdoor LED security light (w/ integrated mounting bracket)
- Outdoor solar panel (w/ attached 15' power cord)
- 4 Small screws
- 2 Large screws
- 4 Small drywall anchors
- 2 Large drywall anchors
- Assembly/Operating Instructions
Solar-Power Light: During the day, the solar panel included with the MAXSA Solar Security Light converts sunlight into electricity, recharging the pre-installed battery. Using this stored energy, the Security LED light turns on automatically at night when motion is detected. This Solar Security Light is ideal for areas where electricity is not available (including driveways, carports, garages, and entrance doors) for safety and security around your home.
LED Lights: The MAXSA Solar Powered Security Light features 100 LED lights that will last up to 30,000 hours and should never need replacement.
Motion Sensor: The MAXSA Solar Powered Security Light is equipped with a built-in motion sensor. The passive infrared (IR) motion sensor turns the Solar Security Light on automatically when motion is detected. The sensor can detect motion within a 180° horizontal angle and a distance of up to 35'. The motion sensor of the Solar Security Light is temperature sensitive. The cooler the temperature, the more sensitive the motion sensor will become. Use the Sensitivity dial to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor to compensate for environmental temperature changes.
Light Level Adjustment: The LUX dial controls the natural light that triggers the Solar Security Light and prevents the light from operating during daylight hours. The Solar Security Light comes preset for activation at dusk. You can adjust the LUX dial for activation in a brighter or darker setting.
Time Dial: The MAXSA Solar Security Light has an adjustable Time dial that allows light duration of up to 60 seconds.
Rechargeable Battery: The battery included in this unit is a sealed lead-acid 6V/4Ah rechargeable battery. When the battery is fully charged, this Solar Security Light can light up for up to 2 hours, which is equivalent to 120 one-minute cycles when the Time dial is set the maximum position. The battery should last for approximately 3 years before it will need to be replaced. Replacement batteries are available directly from the manufacturer (maxsainnovations.com).
Note: During the initial charge period, leave the light off while the solar panel charges in direct sunlight for 3 days.
- Security Light: The security light features an integrated mounting bracket which allows you to mount the light to a wall or roof (using the included hardware). You may mount the security LED light either vertically or horizontally. The mounting bracket allows you to adjust the angle of the light to where you need it most. The security light also comes with mounting straps to attach the light to a flag pole. The security light and solar panel connect to one another via the solar panel's attached15' power cord.
- Solar Panel: Mount the panel facing South, which will maximize the direct sunlight exposure during the day. For optimum sun exposure and longer light output, place the solar panel where it will receive 6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day. Mount the solar panel with the enclosed screws to a solid wood or metal surface. You can adjust the angle of the solar panel by gently rotating to a different locking position. Placing the panel in a shaded location will no allow the batteries to charge fully, reducing the number of hours the light will operate per evening.
- Security Light:
- LED Light: 7.5625" (W) x 4.5" (H) x 2.25" (D)
- Bracket: 7.0" (W) x 5.125" (H) x 4.1875" (D)
- Solar Panel:
- Panel: 8.1875" (W) x 6.25" (H) x 0.625" (D)
- Bracket: 4.125" (D) x 3.625" (H) x 2.375"
- Power Cord: 15' (L)