Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This On-Q input module lets you connect up to three audio sources from a central location to to your lyriQ multi-room audio system. The input module sends music signals to an enclosure-mounted audio distribution module, which in turn sends the signals to different rooms or areas of your house. The input module also transmits IR (infrared) control signals that allow remote operation of source components from lryiQ amplified keypads and universal remotes located in your listening rooms.
- On-Q part # AU7428
- allows connection of up to three audio sources via RCA line-level inputs
- individual gain control for each set of RCA inputs for balancing system output
- converts line-level audio and control signals to CAT-5
- RJ-45 output jacks
- connects to an On-Q 4-source/8-room distribution module via CAT-5 cable
- can be added to existing lyriQ audio components to expand a single source system into a multi-source system
- three outputs for connecting IR (infrared) emitters to operate source components from remote keypads
- one IR target input for control of a source component in a hideaway entertainment center
- 1-1/2"H x 5-1/4"W x 2-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
OnQ lyriQ Triple-source Audio Input Module Reviews
What's in the box?
- lyriQ Triple Source Input AU7428
- Instruction/Installation Sheet (2 pages)
Overview: The On-Q Legrand lyriQ Triple-Source Input (AU7428) converts and sends line-level audio from up to three audio components to an audio distribution module via Category 5 cable. The unit also receives IR control codes from the Volume Control IR Targets and passes them to the emitter output ports for control of the source equipment.
lyriQ Audio System: The lyriQ Audio System utilizes Category 5 technology to distribute high quality audio to remote locations via Cat 5 cable to create a versatile whole-house audio system.
Connections: The AU7428 has the following connections:
- Audio In: Three top-mounted gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- IR Emitters: Three front-mounted 3.5mm mini jack outputs*
- IR Input: One front-mounted 3.5mm mini jack input
- Audio Out: Two RJ-45 jacks labeled A and B (covered by a warning label)
* The included Instruction/Installation Sheet incorrectly indicates the unit has 2.5mm IR Emitter Jacks.
Controls: The unit has three rotary gain controls mounted on the front panel. The gain controls correspond with the three Audio In jacks. A slotted screwdriver is required to make adjustments to the gain controls.
Indicators: The AU7428 has one LED next to each of the RCA input jacks. These LEDs glow green when there is a presence of an audio signal on the input. There is also a single red LED that flashes whenever an IR signal is received from the IR input.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.