Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This in-wall amplified keypad gives you convenient pushbutton operation of your lyriQ multi-room music system in a single listening area. The keypad offers easy-to-use controls for muting and volume adjustment, and includes a source button that lets you remotely select up to four different audio sources when used with a multi-source system. Each keypad contains a stereo amplifier to power a pair of speakers, and a built-in IR (infrared) sensor that allows you to use On-Q's universal wireless remote to control system playback from across the room.
Standard 1-gang junction box and Decora-style wall plate required for installation.
- On-Q part # F7394-WH
- 7.5 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms (recommended for use with 8 ohm speakers)
- adjustable backlight levels with blue illumination
- IR sensor for use with On-Q universal remote
- line-level stereo output for adding an external amplifier
- connects to distribution module via CAT-5 cable
- installs in wall with a standard J-Box
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
On-Q lyriQ Amplified Keypad Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
great system only issue is the IR is a little week. You need to be directly in front of the wall mount for the remote to pass the signal.
What's in the box?
- White Cat 5 Audio Keypad Volume Control with IR (fits into a single gang box)
- 2 Screws (Length=3/4")
- Instruction/Installation sheet
Product Overview: The On-Q F7394-WH is a white Cat 5 Audio Keypad with volume control and IR. It fits into a single-gang box, and requires a white Decora wall plate (not included). It is an integral part of the Category 5 Multi-room Audio System. It has push buttons for volume control, audio source selection, and muting. The volume control is terminated with Cat 5 wiring using the 110-style punchdown block on the rear of the unit.
Controls/Indicators: The keypad has the following controls and indicators:
- Source: When the keypad volume control is used in a system equipped with a Multi-Source Module, the source button will toggle to the next source. As you change sources, the corresponding source's LED will light.
- Mute: The Mute button will essentially turn off the volume control. When pressed, the green source LED, blue backlights, and green volume LEDs will go out, the red LED next to the mute button will be lit, and the amplifier will be off. Line Out will also be muted. Pressing the Mute button again will take the keypad out of Mute mode.
- Volume Buttons: The Volume Up and Volume Down buttons control both speakers simultaneously. As you increase or decrease the volume, the Volume LEDs will light or go out to indicate the room volume.
- IR Reception/Transmission: The volume control keypad can receive a remote IR signal between 10kHz and 110kHz, and pass it through the whole audio system. The volume control will respond to the On-Q lyriQ remote control (item 717F7427).
- Status/IR LED: When flashing green, it indicates source activity; flashing red: room IR activity; flashing orange: Whole House activity.
- Keypad Brightness: You can adjust the brightness of the keypad backlighting by pressing the mute and volume buttons simultaneously. Pressing mute and volume up increases backlighting, while pressing mute and volume down decrease backlighting.
Connections: On the back of the volume control are the following connections:
- Cat 5 Terminal: 8-contact 110 style punchdown terminal from audio system
- Speaker Outputs: 4 clamp-style terminals for connecting left and right speaker wires
- Line Output: 4 clamp-style terminals for connecting a powered subwoofer or an external amplifier
- Jumper: 2 position setting: "All" for whole house command, "Mixed" for room command only
Volume Trim Adjustments: On the back of the volume control, there are two rotary trim potentiometers for setting the minimum and minimum allowable volume level, and to adjust left/right balance.