Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
On-Q's Selective Call intercom system lets you communicate with others in your household with the push of a button. Coordinate cooking efforts between the stove in the kitchen and the grill on the patio, or give your family members updates on the score of the big game. This four-location kit includes four intercom units, a distribution module, and a power supply, so you can create a multi-room communication system.
This distribution module uses a single run of CAT-5e cable to connect each unit in your system. It uses a 24-volt power supply and mounts in an On-Q structured wiring enclosure (sold separately). The in-wall units install in a standard dual-gang electrical box. Each one features an easy-to-use LCD interface and navigational buttons that let you communicate with other rooms and adjust intercom settings.
Custom-tailored advice before and after you buy
Installing this system requires you to run CAT-5 cable in your walls, unless your home is already pre-wired. Our Audio/Video Designers can help you map out the details. Plus, our tech support specialists can help you through your installation step-by-step.
- On-Q part # IC5400-WH
- includes four Selective Call intercom room units, one distribution module, and a 24-volt power supply
- room units feature LCD menu screens
- room units and intercom module connect with CAT-5e cable
- system expandable to 8 intercom units
- recommended accessories for installation: On-Q in-wall structured wiring enclosure, standard two-gang electrical box for each room unit, and CAT-5e cable
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
On-Q Selective Call Four-location Intercom Kit Reviews
What's in the box?
- The On-Q IC5004 Selective Call Intercom 4-location kit consists of one box with the following individually boxed components: 4 IC5000 Room Units -- a IC5001 8-Location Distribution Module -- and a PW1030 Power Supply.
- Each IC5000 Room Unit box includes:
- Selective call intercom room unit (White finish)
- 2-Piece Decora-style wall plate (White finish)
- Wall plate mounting screws (length=1/4")
- Room unit mounting screws (length=3/4")
- Quick Start Guide
- Instruction/Installation sheet
- The IC5001 Distribution Module box includes:
- Selective call intercom 8 location distribution module
- Mounting bracket
- System Installation Guide
- Instruction/Installation sheet
- The PW1030 Power Supply box contains:
- AC adapter/transformer with attached 24" DC output cord (DC output: 24V/1.25A)
- 19" AC cord (with right-angled 3-pronged plug)
Package Overview: The On-Q Selective Call Intercom 4-location kit includes four IC5000 room units (white finish), one IC5001 8-location Distribution Module, and a PW1030 power supply. Additional room units, patio units, distribution modules (up to a total of 4), power supplies, and door units can be purchased to expand the system.
Selective Call Intercom System: The On-Q Selective Call Intercom System can accommodate up to 32 locations and up to three simultaneous private conversations. There is no need for a main console; the complete system can be controlled from any, and every, room unit. You can choose from 96 room names to identify each room unit. The room unit dynamically sorts the active room names, so the most frequently called location appears at the top of the list. The entire system connects via Cat 5 cable.
Kit Components: The 4-location kit includes the following components:
- IC5000 Room Units: The On-Q IC5000 Selective Call Intercom Room Unit is a critical component of the On-Q Selective Call Intercom system. The room unit fits into a standard dual gang box, and has a stylish Decora wall plate with a screw-free look. On one side of the room unit is a 1-1/2" LCD screen with a colorful Graphical User Interface (GUI). The other side includes a high-performance intercom microphone and speaker, with volume controls, mute and monitor buttons. Each room unit connects to the system via Cat 5 cable.
- IC5001 8-Location Distribution Module: IC5001 Selective Call Intercom 8-location
Distribution Module is a single bay module that supports the audio, power, and
control requirements of up to 8 units (room, door, or patio units). The module
is installed in the intercom system's enclosure, and is connected to each room,
door, and patio unit via Cat 5 cable. Up to 3 modules can be daisy-chained,
allowing control of up to 32 total units. The module includes a metal bracket
for installation inside of an On-Q enclosure. The 21-page Selective Call
Intercom System Installation Guide is included in the box with the
distribution module. The 8 Location Distribution Module
includes the following inputs and outputs:
- RJ-45 Jacks:
- Inputs 1-8: for connecting up to 8 room, door, or patio units
- Audio Interrupt: for connecting the lyriQ Audio Distribution System to automatically mute the whole house audio when the intercom system is used.
- In/Out: for connecting other 8-location distribution modules (up to 2 additional units may be connected)
- Video Out: reserved for future use
- DC Power Input: for use with the PW1030 power supply
- RJ-45 Jacks:
- PW1030 Power Supply: The PW1030 power supply converts AC power to 24 volts DC to power one On-Q Selective Call Intercom distribution module. The AC adapter/transformer has a 24" DC output cord and a separate 3-pronged AC cord.
Dimensions: The dimensions of the kit components are as follows:
|IC5000 Room Units||4.955"||4.955"||1.055|
|IC5001 8-Location Distribution Module||6.405"||2.906"||2.349"|
|PW1030 Power Supply||1.778"||1.223"||4.504"
Our Product Research Team
Why did you buy this?
I was really getting tired of having to scream through the house looking for my wife. She was tired screaming downstairs to the basement, looking for our pre-teen kid. I filled up all eight locations supported by the initial setup. Love it. I am sitting in my office typing this. "Click" on the panel, scroll down to "Master Bathroom", press talk: "Almost done. Be up in a minute". My wife, bathing our daughter, can answer hands-free! Love this thing! [ ALEX Feb 02, 2016 ]