Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Control your heating and cooling system with ease. This Venstar thermostat installs in place of a standard thermostat. You can operate it using the handy buttons on the front panel, or with an INSTEON controller like a KeypadLinc or a RemoteLinc wireless controller. Program different temperature settings for each day of the week, as well as "comfort" and "energy saving" modes.
- part # 2491T7
- 7-day programmable thermostat with three heat settings and two cool settings
- compatible with INSTEON automated systems
- can control a separate remote sensor
- backlit LCD display
- accepts optional IR remote control and phone control accessory
- compatible with programmers that allow you to copy settings from one thermostat to another
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Venstar 7-day Programmable Thermostat Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Reduced my energy costs!
I purchased the INSTEON thermostat so that I could shut it down as I was leaving
for work. I replaced my front door light switch with a KeypadLinc and programmed
one of the buttons to basically shut down my thermostat. I also added lamp
modules to turn off a couple lamps in my bedroom (LampLincs) and replaced other
switches throughout the house (SwitchLinc) so that when i leave for work,
nothing is left running. I saved about $150 in energy costs the first month.
Note: in order to "talk" to this thermostat from a KeypadLinc you need an Access
Oh, and I added a SmartLinc to the mix so that I can control this thermostat and
my lights from my iPhone. Very cool stuff.
What's in the box?
- Venstar T1800 Digital thermostat
- INSTEON 2441V RF adapter
- Two 3/4" Mounting screws
- 2 Anchors
- 2 Jumper pins
- Thermostat installation instructions
- Thermostat owner's manual
- RF adapter quick start guide
Overview: The 2491T7 package includes the Venstar T1800 programmable digital thermostat and an INSTEON 2441V RF adapter, allowing remote adjustment of the thermostat by your INSTEON home automation system.
Remote Control: The INSTEON remote control adapter allows you to recall stored temperature and mode settings from any INSTEON controller. You can program any button on an INSTEON controller to any temperature and mode on the thermostat. When turning off your lights for the night from your bedside KeypadLinc, you can also recall an energy-savings mode, minimizing the activity of your HVAC system while you're sleeping.
Note: The INSTEON Thermostat is an RF-only product; at least one Access Point is required to communicate with your plug-in or wired INSTEON-compatible devices (using two Access Points is recommended). The thermostat is not X10 compatible.
Installation: The thermostat requires power to function; if you do not have a common wire running to your thermostat from your heating/cooling equipment, you will need to run a new wire or install a thermostat Add-A-Wire Accessory kit.
- Programmable (seven days, individual program for each day) with up to 4 time periods
- 3-stage heat, 2-stage cool for use with gas/electric, heat pump, electric & hydronic heat
- Heat pump compatible
- Backlit, color-coded keys and legends
- Large, easy to read backlit display
- Programmable fan
- Configurable programmable or non-programmable
- Configurable manual or auto changeover (heat to cool and cool to heat)
- LED indicator glows green or red to indicate cooling or heating
- Service filter and UV light indicators (programmable intervals)
- Fahrenheit or Celsius display
- Non-volatile memory (won't need reprogramming after power failure)
- Keypad lock (avoid accidental change)
- Energy Save
- Energy-Star rated
Warranty Note: The T1800 thermostat has a 1 year parts and labor warranty, while the 2441V RF adapter has a 2 year parts and labor warranty.