Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Energy's compact CC-5 center channel produces clear dialogue and special effects that are surprisingly big and punch, especially coming from such a small speaker. It contains two rigid woofers with ribbed elliptical surrounds. This design reduces audible distortion by allowing greater movement of the woofer cone. An aluminum dome tweeter dishes out crisp highs. Energy mounts the woofers and tweeter as close together as possible, for consistent sound over a wide area, not just a narrow sweet spot. It means that everyone on your couch will enjoy tightly focused sound with movies, TV shows, and video games.
The CC-5 is right at home sitting on your entertainment stand, or you can mount it on the wall using an optional bracket. The black ash finish and "floating" grille adds a cool touch that makes it an even bigger value. And since it's voice matched with the entire Connoisseur speaker family, you can create an all-Energy surround speaker system tailored to your room.
- Convergent Source Module (CSM) mounts the drivers close together for wider sound dispersion
- magnetically shielded for safe placement next to tube TVs
- bass-reflex (ported) design
- frequency response 65-20,000 Hz
- 8-ohm impedance
- sensitivity 89 dB
- handles up to 150 watts
- 3/4" aluminum dome tweeter
- dual 4-1/2" woofers with ribbed elliptical surrounds
- 5-way binding posts
- black ash finish
- includes rubber bumpers for shelf placement
- threaded insert for wall-mounting with optional bracket
- 13-15/16"W x 5-3/4"H x 8-1/2"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Your home theater's most important speaker
The center channel speaker is the workhorse in a home theater system. It has to reproduce clear dialogue and special effects that keep your eyes and ears glued to the movie action. A high-quality center speaker is a great investment for any surround sound setup. Try to choose one that's as closely matched as possible to your front right and left speakers, so that as sound moves across the front stage, it stays seamlessly realistic.
Energy Connoisseur CC-5 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Black center channel speaker
- Black cloth grille
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
Features and Specs
|Midrange size (inches)||---|
|Woofer size (inches)||4-1/2|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||65-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-way Speaker: The Energy Connoisseur-series CC-5 is a center channel speaker with two 4-1/2" poly cone woofers with a Ribbed Elliptical Surround, and a 3/4" hyperbolic aluminum dome tweeter.
Energy Sound Principles: All Energy brand loudspeakers are developed with three sound principles in mind:
- Flat On-Axis Frequency Response With Wide Bandwidth: Speakers should reproduce the entire audio range in a uniform manner. By ensuring that no one frequency dominates any other, the Energy ensures that every note is the way it was intended to be, and the sound is as natural as possible.
- Wide and Constant Dispersion: The speaker should provide an even pattern sound at all its frequencies in all directions throughout the room.
- Low Distortion Resonance: No speaker system is distortion- or resonance-free, but Energy speakers have achieved a significantly lower distortion level, a clearly audible improvement.
Convergent Source Module: The Convergent Source Module (CSM) technology is the heart of the CC-5 speaker. The tweeter and one woofer are placed in close proximity and act as a single source to provide wide dispersion, low distortion, and amazing performance.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Energy Connoisseur-series CC-5 has a rear-vented bass reflex enclosure, with a high gloss black baffle and a vinyl black ash cabinet.
Speaker Terminals: The CC-5 is equipped with gold-plated 5-way binding post terminals for connecting the speaker wire. The terminals will accept bare wire, spade lugs, pin connectors, and single or dual banana plugs.
Amplifier Requirements: The Energy Connoisseur-series CC-5 is designed to operate on a wide range of A/V receivers or amplifiers with a power rating of 20 to 150 watts continuous per channel. The recommended bass management setting for the speaker is "small."
Applications: Not only can you us the CC-5 speaker as a center-channel speaker, it can be stood on end, and used as a left or right speaker in a stereo configuration, if desired.
Speaker Placement: A set of 4 self-adhesive rubber feet are included for each speaker, allowing you to place the speaker on a shelf or tabletop. A single 1/4"-20 threaded insert is provided for third party wall mount brackets or stands.