Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Pop the Kodak M320 in your pocket for your next school play, family party, or night out with friends. Zero in on your pal's antics from across the room, or use the 3X zoom lens to take natural-looking candids of party guests. The M320's face detection and built-in red-eye reduction ensure good-looking portraits of your favorite people. And Kodak's Smart Capture mode adjusts all of the camera's settings automatically for sharp pictures, even in challenging low-light shooting situations.
The camera's built-in 16MB memory holds a limited number of photos at top resolution add optional SD or SDHC memory cards for more storage.
- 9.2-megapixel effective recording
- 3X optical zoom (5X digital/15X total zoom)
- 35mm equivalent lens focal length: 34-102mm
- 2-11/16" LCD screen
- movie mode with audio (640 x 480 at 30 frames per second)
- top JPEG resolution: 3496 x 2626
- 16:9 widescreen photo mode
- shutter speed: 4 - 1/1,400 seconds
- face detection automatically sets focus and other camera settings for better portraits
- blur reduction identifies subject movement and sets sensitivity to reduce blur
- variable ISO (film speed equivalent) settings
- selectable white balance presets
- 16 scene modes, including Sports, Snow, and Children
- macro mode for better closeups of small subjects
- built-in flash
- compatible with PictBridge-enabled printers
- high-speed USB interface
- 16MB internal memory
- accepts SD/SDHC memory cards
- 3-3/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 15/16"D
- weight: 4.4 oz. (without battery and media)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable lithium ion battery
- USB AC adapter for in camera charging
- USB cable
- wrist strap
- software CD-ROM (PC and Mac®)
Ultra-slim cameras are "good to go"
The best type of camera is the one you actually have on hand when photo-worthy moments come along. At less than an inch thick, these tiny cameras fit in a pocket or handbag, so it's easy to take them with you just about anywhere. Capture memories with ease, from a night out with friends to a little leaguer's home run swing. Today's compact point-and-shoot cameras take sharp, detailed pictures, and some let you record high-def videos, too.
Kodak EasyShare M320 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Kodak EasyShare M320
I like this camera and i looked all over for a nice kodak camera with a dial on
the top like my old one. This camera works really well for my uses with taking
picturesof me and my friends and sightseeing on vacations. I think it is a high
quality camera but if you drop it with the lens out chances are the lens will
become crooked and it will not work again so be careful to use it with a strap.
I think it is nice how small it is too it can fit in my pocket and it is
comfortable to hold and is not heavy.
Kodak EasyShare M320
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This camera does a good job in all area's of takeing pictures but like most cameras can't see whats on the screen in direct sun light
What's in the box?
- Digital camera (red)
- KLIC-7001 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V/770mAh)
- Wrist strap
- 59" USB cable (with Type A USB connector on one end and a micro-USB connector on the other end)
- AC adapter (5V/1A)
- US AC plug insert
- User Guide (Eng/Fren/Span/Port)
- Kodak EasyShare software version 8.0 CD-ROM
- On-line registration card
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||2.7"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||34-102mm|
|Effective Megapixel Count||9e+006|
|Highest Resolution||3496 x 2626|
|HD Video Recording||No|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||4.85|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
LCD Monitor: The Kodak EasyShare M320 has a large 2.7" LCD monitor featuring approximately 237,000 pixels for framing your shots and viewing your recorded images. The camera has no separate optical viewfinder. There are two LCD Monitor settings: High Power and Power Save.
Image Sensor: For optimal image quality, the camera uses a 1/2.5" CCD image sensor with approximately 9.2-million total pixels and 9.0-million effective pixels.
Recording Media: The M320 has a built-in internal 16MB memory. Only approximately 10MB is available for recording still or moving images (with mono audio). The camera can also record on optional SD or SDHC Memory Cards with a capacity of up to 32GB. When the Image Storage setting is Auto, the camera stores images on an SD card if one is inserted. If not, the image is stored in the internal memory. The Internal Memory setting always stores the image on the internal memory, even if a card is installed.
Note: You can copy pictures/videos from an inserted media card to the internal media or from the internal memory to an inserted media card.
Image Formats: Still images are recorded in JPEG (Exif 2.21), while movies are recorded in QuickTime format (CODEC: Motion JPEG, Audio data: G.711).
Still Image Resolution/Aspect Ratio: The M320 can record pictures in three aspect ratios: 4:3 (default), 3:2 (best choice for 4x6 prints), and 16:9 (best choice for viewing on an HDTV). You can choose from the following still image resolutions in each aspect ratio:
|Aspect Ratio||Picture Size/Resolution|
|4:3||9.0 MP (3496 x 2626)
5.0 MP (2592 x 1944)
3.1 MP (2048 x 1536)
1.2 MP (1280 x 960)
|3:2||8.0 MP (3472 x 2314)
2.2 MP (1800 x 1200)
6.8 MP (3472 x 1952)
Optics: The camera features a Kodak AF 3x Optical Aspheric Lens. Combined with the 5x digital zoom, the telephoto capabilities are extended to a total zoom of approximately 15x. The lens has a focal length of 34-102mm (35mm equivalent).
Note: The optical zoom is not available during video recording.
AF Zone: The camera utilizes TTL (through-the-lens) automatic focusing with selectable focus areas:
- Multi-Zone: Evaluates 5 zones to give an even picture focus. Ideal for general picture taking.
- Center-Zone: Evaluates the small area centered in the lens. Ideal when you need precise focus.
Framing Marks: Framing marks indicate the camera's focus area.
Focusing Range: The camera features the following focus ranges:
- Normal AF: 23.6" to infinity
Macro Mode: for sharpness and detail at close range
- Wide: 3.9" to 23.6"
- Telephoto: 23.6" to 27.6"
- Landscape Mode: 32.8' to infinity (W)
Face Detection Technology: The M320 features face detection technology which automatically locates faces (up to 3) and adjusts the camera settings for optimum shots of family and friends.
Burst Shooting: When the Burst Mode is selected, you can take up to 3 pictures in quick succession (about 1.4 frames per second) while the shutter button is held down. The focus and exposure are set with the first picture. This mode is not available in Panorama mode.
Self-Timer: The self-timer starts when the shutter button is pressed. The delay time can be set to 10 seconds (so you have time to get into the scene), 2 seconds (for a steady shutter release on a tripod), or 2 shot. In the 2 shot mode, the first picture is taken after a 10-second delay, and the second picture is taken 8 seconds later.
Shooting Modes: The M320 has a Mode Dial on the top of the camera for selecting the following shooting modes:
- Auto: The scene is analyzed for other content and for lighting.
- Landscape: Used for distant scenes.
- Blur Reduction: Reduces blur caused by camera shake or subject motion.
- Close-Up: Use for close-range shots. Use available light instead of flash, if possible.
- High ISO: Suitable for picture of people indoors, in low light.
- Scene: Point-and-shoot simplicity when taking pictures in the following situations: Portrait, Flower, Sunset, Backlight, Candle Light, Children, Manner/Museum, Text, Beach, Snow, Fireworks, Self-Portrait, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, and Sports.
- Panorama: For stitching together up to 3 pictures into a panoramic scene.
- Video: For capturing video with sound. The M320 can record up to 80 minutes of video in the
- VGA (640 x 480 @ 30 fps)
- QVGA (320 x 240 @ 30 fps)
Exposure Compensation: If you are shooting against a bright background or strong backlight, you may need to correct the exposure so that the subject doesn't come out too dark. You can set the adjustments from -2 to +2 in 1/3-step increments.
Long Time Exposure: You can choose how long the shutter of the camera stays open. You can select 0.5, 1, 2, or 4 seconds.ISO: The ISO speed can be set to 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000, or Auto.
Exposure Metering Modes: You can select from the following metering modes:
Multi-Pattern: Evaluates lighting conditions throughout the image to give an optimum picture exposure.
Center-Weighted: Evaluates the lighting conditions of the subject centered in the lens.
Center-Spot: Similar to Center-Weighted, except the metering is concentrated on a smaller area of the subject centered in the LCD.
Flash Modes: The M320 has a built-in flash. You can select Auto (flash fires in low light), Fill (flash always fires), Red Eye (pre-flash fires before the main flash to reduce red eye phenomenon) or Off (flash doesn't fire). The flash has a working range (@ ISO 320) of 2' to 9.8' in Wide Angle and 2' to 5.6' in Telephoto.
Note: The camera saves the flash setting, even after the camera is turned off.
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance settings (available in Program and Panorama modes):
Auto: The camera sets the white balance automatically according to shooting conditions.
Daylight: For recording in natural outdoor lighting.
Tungsten: Corrects the orange cast of incandescent light bulbs.
Fluorescent: Corrects the green cast of fluorescent lighting.
- Open Shade: For pictures in shade of natural lighting.
Sharpness: This function controls picture sharpness. You can choose High, Normal, or Low.
Color Modes: You can choose the look and feel of the photos you take by selecting one of the following Color Mode effects: High Color, Natural Color, Low Color, Black & White, or Sepia.
Orientation Sensor: When the orientation sensor is activated, the camera rotates pictures to their correct orientation during playback.
Quick View: After you take a picture/video, the LCD briefly displays the image.
Blur Warning: A Blur Icon is displayed during Quick View or Review of still images.
Index View: You can view up to 9 picture/video thumbnails at once.
Multimedia Slide Show: Use Multimedia Slide Show to display your pictures/videos on the camera's LCD screen. You can play all pictures/videos, or select images to include in the slide show. You can even save a slide show for later viewing.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture, you can magnify the image up to 8x. You can also pan around the zoomed image to view a particular portion of the picture.
Editing Photos: The digital camera offers the following editing functions for still images.
- Cropping Pictures: You can crop a picture so that only the desired portion of the picture remains.
- Kodak Perfect Touch Technology: Kodak Perfect Touch Technology
helps ensure better, brighter pictures.
- Note: You cannot apply Perfect Touch Technology to videos, panoramic pictures, or pictures to which Perfect Touch Technology is already applied.
- Sound Tags: You can record a voice or sound tag up to 1
minute long to an image while in the replay mode.
- Note: Only one sound tag can be added to each picture (not to videos).
Editing Videos: The Kodak digital camera offers the following video editing tools.
- Making a Picture: You can choose a single frame from a video, then make a picture suitable for a 4x6-inch print.
- Trimming Video: You can remove an unwanted start or end from a video, saving only the desired portion.
- Video Action Print: From a video, you can make a 4x6-inch print which includes 4, 9, or 16 still frames of a video.
Protecting Images: The protect feature allows you to protect important images from accidental erasure.
Share Button: Using the Share button on the back of the camera allows you to print and email images.
Printing Images: The M320 is compatible with PictBridge technology, allowing you to print directly to a PictBridge enabled printer via USB cable. When printing, you can select one of the following options:
- Current Picture: You can select the picture you want to print, then choose the number of copies.
- Tagged Picture: You can print pictures that are tagged for printing, and choose a print size.
- Index Print: You can print thumbnails of all pictures, and, if the printer is capable, select a print size.
- All Pictures: You can print all pictures in the internal memory or on a card, then choose the number of copies.
Power Requirements: The Kodak EasyShare M320 is powered by the supplied KLIC-7001 rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery pack (3.7V/770mAh). The battery pack can be charged in the camera using the supplied USB cable, plugged into your computer, or used with the supplied AC adapter. A fully charged battery has enough power for 300-350 pictures. When fully depleted, the battery recharges in about 3 hours.
Auto Power Off: The camera can be set to automatically turn off after a 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes of inactivity.
EasyShare Software (version 8.0): With the supplied EasyShare software, you can do the following:
- Organize your pictures with your own tags and star ratings, then use the search feature to quickly find any picture in your collection.
- Edit your pictures with ease--select from a variety of simple tools that reduce red-eye, improve lighting, remove wrinkles and blemishes, and add text.
- Create photo projects online or at home-choose from hundreds of templates and designs to create album pages, cards, invitations and much more.
- Share your photos and videos with family and friends at the Kodak Gallery or YouTube.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later, Macintosh OS X 10.3 or higher
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Safari 1.1 or higher
- 600 MHz processor or greater
- 128 MB RAM
- 200 MB hard drive disk space available
- CD-ROM drive
- Available USB port
- Color Monitor, 800 x 600 display resolution, 16-bit minimum