Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Here's the perfect little integrated amp for that high-quality audio system in your den, bedroom, or office. The C 315BEE delivers accurate, musical sound in a compact package that's sized just right for smaller spaces. NAD designed this amp with the same principle behind their higher-end components a no-frills approach that puts the focus squarely on performance, instead of bells and whistles. It boasts a high-current toroidal transformer usually found only on expensive audiophile gear and other carefully selected high-quality parts to provide punchy, life-like sound.
This integrated amp offers enough inputs to connect six audio components, plus a handy front-panel minijack for hooking up a portable music player. And the included remote gives you easy control of the amplifier and the other NAD audio components in your system.
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- PowerDrive-S technology for more dynamic power output
- toroidal power transformer
- rotary bass and treble controls with defeat switch for tone control bypass
- 6 RCA audio inputs including 1 tape in/out
- front-panel minijack input for connecting a portable music player
- full-size headphone jack
- one pair of speaker binding post terminals
- remote control
- weight: 11.5 lbs.
- 17-1/8"W x 3-3/16"H x 11-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Everything you always wanted in a stereo receiver, except the radio
An integrated amplifier is essentially a receiver without a built-in AM/FM tuner. You get power to drive your speakers, audio controls, and inputs for music source components. Connect an iPod, a computer, a network music player, or any other device that can play Internet radio, and you may find you have no need for an AM/FM radio.
NAD C 315BEE Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Dynamic Sounding Amp
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a great little amp. I wanted something compact to drive a pair of monitors rated at 86db sensitivity and the 315 BEE handles this with no problems. I would say the overall perfornance is dynamic and inviting compared to the sound you would hear on a mass market receiver. I will probably add the the matching 515 BEE CD player at some point.
Best Amp I've Ever Owned
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought the NAD 315BEE integrated amp to replace my 100w /ch 5.9 (supposedly a high-end version of Onkyo's TX-8555). My only worry, initially, was that the 315 amp is only rated at 40w /ch whereas my receiver is listed as 100w /ch - All it took was a turn of the knob to realize that NAD's claim of 40w /ch is extremely conservative!
The sound quality out of NAD's little "BEE" is absolutely gorgeous, it is such a wonderful match to my 685 speakers! This is my first "integrated" amp, I've only owned receivers in the past so the striking improvement in sound quality may be partly because it's an integrated amp and not receiver. One thing I did not expect was such an improvement in sound quality even at LOW volume levels. With my receiver I had to turn to volume up to at least moderate levels to better hear details and have good imaging. With this little NAD amp I can hear subtle details with good imaging at very low volume. Raising the volume adds great impact and depth to music without any harshness. With my receiver raising the volume mostly just made things louder.
I'm happier with my NAD "BEE" combo (C315BEE & C515BEE) than with any other stereo equipment I've ever owned! It fits on my shallow depth shelf perfectly without hanging off the edge, looks clean and uncluttered, offers notably better sound quality compared to any of my previous equipment, and drives my speakers as if it's a much, much bigger amp!
Superb Integrated amp
NAD is a very hard to find brand but has a big following - like me. Do not be fooled by the amp's "low" wattage it has the capability to temporarily increase its wattage or "spike it". The perfect mix with this amp. is using high sensitivity speakers. The sound quality is superb for such a bargain priced amp. The sound is extremely detailed, airy, open and dynamic. I have heard sound like this from $5,000 amps!!!! NAD makes their products low key with simple controls - nothing flashy and this amp is no exception. I cannot recommend this amp more to anyone seeking a two channel integrative amp. - really nothing even comes close to it in its price range or even 2X-5X its price.
What's in the box?
- Integrated amplifier
- Wireless remote control (AMP 1)
- CR 2025 Lithium battery
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Italian/ German/ Dutch/ Swedish/ Russian)
- Warranty information
Features and Specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||40|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||No|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||6|
|Optical Digital Inputs||---|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||---|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Front Input: A 3.5mm mini-jack input on the front panel is labeled MP (Media Player); there is a corresponding RCA input on to rear panel labeled Disc which is automatically disconnected when the front panel input is used.
Remote Control: The AMP 1 wireless remote will control the C 315BEE and NAD CD players.
- Power: standby/on
- Input: six individual buttons to select input (Tape, Tuner, Aux, Video, CD, and Disc)
- Tone Defeat: bypass the bass and treble controls
- Bass: rotary bass adjustment; +/-8dB @ 100 Hz
- Treble: rotary treble adjustment; +/-5dB @ 10 kHz
- Balance: rotary left/right balance
- Volume: rotary volume control
- Power: master power switch
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, spade lugs up to 0.475" wide, and bare wire up to 12 gauge; there are two speaker outputs (left and right)
- Inputs: stereo RCA input jacks for Disc, CD, Video, Aux, Tuner, and Tape
- Record Outputs: stereo RCA output jacks for Tape
- Headphone: Standard 1/4" headphone jack
- MP: 3.5mm mini-jack Media Player input
- Continuous Power: 40 watts x 2 into an 8Ω load, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, no more than 0.02% THD, both channels driven simultaneously
- Dynamic Power:
- 8Ω: 90 watts x 2
- 4Ω: 120 watts x 2
- Rated THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.02% (driving both channels 20 Hz - 20 kHz simultaneously at 8Ω)
- Signal/Noise: 95 dB (A-weighted, ref 1 watt)
- Damping factor: >200 (ref 8Ω, 1 kHz)
- Input impedance: 50 kΩ + 100 pF
- Input sensitivity: 200 mV (ref rated power)
- Voltage gain: 39 dB
- Headphone output impedance: 68 Ω
- Tone control:
- Bass: +/-8dB @ 100 Hz
- Treble: +/-5dB @ 10 kHz
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Weight: 11.5 lbs (5.25kg)