Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
NAD builds innovative audio components that offer musically honest performance, simplicity, and value. And that's exactly what you get with the C 355BEE. This integrated amplifier combines sturdy construction with advanced circuitry to deliver 80 full-bandwidth-rated watts to each of your stereo speakers. Discover for yourself why audio critics and discerning music lovers alike have held NAD in high regard for over 30 years.
Advanced technology for stunning sound
The C 355BEE employs many of the same high-end features found on NAD's top-of-the-line Master Series components, including NAD's exclusive PowerDrive technology. This unique circuit automatically senses your speaker's impedance, then optimizes the amp's power supply settings to deliver the most dynamic power possible. This allows it to easily drive low-impedance loads, including many of today's high-end speakers, which often run closer to four ohms than eight. Plus, a patented distortion-canceling circuit in the amps output stage ensures your music stays clean and pure.
Connections and convenience
This integrated amp offers enough inputs to connect seven audio components. Two sets of main speaker outputs provide hookups for an additional pair of speakers. Separate preamp input/line-level output jacks let you use the C 355BEE as an independent power amplifier or preamp for future system expansion, or to easily add a powered subwoofer. And the included remote gives you easy control of the amplifier and the other NAD audio components in your system.
- 80 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
- PowerDrive circuit with automatic speaker impedance sensing delivers maximum dynamic power output regardless of speaker load
- switchable Soft Clipping circuit gently limits amplifier power output to reduce risk of speaker damage due to prolonged high volume operation
- distortion-canceling circuit for high-accuracy sound
- toroidal power transformer
- rotary bass and treble controls with defeat switch for tone control bypass
- 7 RCA audio inputs including 2 tape in/outs
- front-panel minijack input for connecting a portable music player
- main-amp input and 2 preamp outputs for connecting a powered subwoofer or separate amplifier for bi-amping
- full-size headphone jack
- front-panel switching for 2 pairs of speakers
- two pairs of speaker binding posts
- RS-232 port for operation with third-party controllers
- 12-volt trigger output
- IR input/output
- one switched AC convenience outlet
- detachable AC power cord
- remote control
- weight: 18.75 lbs.
- 17-1/8"W x 4-1/2"H x 13-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Everything you always wanted in a stereo receiver, except the radio
An integrated amplifier is essentially a receiver without a built-in AM/FM tuner. You get power to drive your speakers, audio controls, and inputs for music source components. Connect an iPod, a computer, a network music player, or any other device that can play Internet radio, and you may find you have no need for an AM/FM radio.
NAD C 355BEE Reviews
Average Customer Review:
very good in high tine
it could be said "inappropriate comparison", but 355 took over my 20 years used SONY TA-E80/N80ES. Same powerful with very good treble.
I am using this amp to drive Thiel CS1.6's. They are very revealing speakers and the amp does a wonderful job. Lots of detail around the highs, authoritative bass and nicely rendered voices. The remote that comes with this amp is full-featured and works very well. I think this amp represents a tremendous value - you can spend two or three times as much for the same power but, in my opinion, not really get much more performance.
NAD C 355BEE
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This NAD unit has been a big improvement over my old Yamaha amplifier. I am no audiophile, but I can hear more detail in (digital) jazz recordings, especially modern ones.
NAD C 355BEE
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great entry level unit. Plenty of power to drive the small system in my garage shop.
What's in the box?
- Integrated amplifier
- 6.5' Power cord
- Wireless remote control (SR 6)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Pre-out/Main-in jumpers (installed)
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Italian/ German/ Dutch/ Swedish/ Russian)
- Warranty information
- AC outlet note
Features and Specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||80|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||105|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||No|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||7|
|Optical Digital Inputs||---|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||---|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Soft Clipping: NAD's Soft Clipping circuit gently limits the output of the C 355BEE to minimize audible distortion when the amplifier is over-driven. While Soft Clipping can be left on at all times to reduce the likelihood of audible distortion from excessive volume settings, you can also turn the circuit off for critical listening if you prefer.
Tape Monitor: If you own a 3-head tape deck, the tape monitor loop allows you to monitor recording quality as the recording is made.
Front Input: A 3.5mm mini-jack input on the front panel is labeled MP (Media Player); there is a corresponding RCA input on to rear panel labeled Disc which is automatically disconnected when the front panel input is used.
Pre-out/Main-in Loop: Factory jumpers connect the main amplifier input to the Pre Out 2 preamp outputs. This offers the flexibility of inserting an equalizer, surround processor (when using multiple amps), or another type of processor between the two stages.
Dual Preamp Outputs: The second set of preamp is convenient for bi-amping speakers or adding a powered subwoofer.
Remote Control: The SR 6 wireless remote will control the C 355BEE and NAD CD players and Tuners.
- A Speakers: turns the A speakers outputs on/off
- B Speakers: turns the B speakers outputs on/off
- Input: six individual buttons to select input (Disc, CD, Video, Aux, Tuner, and Tape 2)
- Tape Monitor: engage/disengage the tape monitor loop
- Tone Defeat: bypass the bass and treble controls
- Bass: rotary bass adjustment; +/-8dB @ 100Hz
- Treble: rotary treble adjustment; +/-5dB @ 10kHz
- Balance: rotary left/right balance
- Volume: rotary volume control
- Soft Clipping: turn the Soft Clipping circuit on/off
- Power: master power switch
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, spade lugs up to 0.475" wide, and bare wire up to 12 gauge; there are four speaker outputs, A (left and right) and B (left and right)
- Inputs: stereo RCA input jacks for Disc, CD, Video, Aux, Tuner, Tape 2, and Tape 1 (Monitor)
- Record Outputs: stereo RCA output jacks for Tape 1 and Tape 2
- Pre Out 1: stereo RCA outputs for feeding a powered subwoofer or another amplifier
- Pre Out 2: stereo RCA preamp outputs; jumpers to the main amplifier inputs are factory installed
- Main In: stereo RCA preamp inputs; jumpers to the Pre Out 2 outputs are factory installed
- IR In: 3.5mm mini-jack input, used to control this unit using an optional infrared repeater or the IR output of another component
- IR Out: 3.5mm mini-jack output, used to control another NAD component
- 12 Volt Trigger Out: turn on/off another device along with the C 355BEE; the +12 volt trigger output is a 3.5mm mini-jack; the maximum output is 50 mA
- RS 232: the RS-232 port allows connection to a compatible PC or external whole-house control system from companies such as AMX or Crestron
- AC Input: 2-pole IEC power input for use with included cord (or optional upgraded cord)
- AC Output: unswitched (actually it's switched with the master power switch on the rear panel, not with the standby switch on the front), 120 watts max
- Headphone: Standard 1/4" headphone jack
- MP: 3.5mm mini-jack Media Player input
- Continuous Power: 80 watts x 2 into an 8Ω load, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, no more than 0.02% THD, both channels driven simultaneously
- Dynamic Power:
- 8Ω: 140 watts x 2
- 4Ω: 220 watts x 2
- 2Ω: 270 watts x 2
- Rated THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): <0.02% (driving both channels 20 Hz - 20k Hz simultaneously at 8Ω)
- >105 dB (A-weighted, ref 1 watt)
- >124 dB (A-weighted, ref 80 watt)
- Damping factor: >160 (ref 8Ω, 1 kHz)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz, +/- 0.1 dB
- Input impedance: 20 kΩ + 1 nF
- Input sensitivity: 940 mV (ref rated power)
- Voltage gain: 29 dB
- Headphone output impedance: 68 Ω
- Tone control:
- Bass: +/-8dB @ 100Hz
- Treble: +/-5dB @ 10kHz
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Weight: 18.74 lbs (8.5kg)