Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
NAD's compact C715 combines a stereo receiver and CD player in one space-saving unit. Just add a pair of speakers, and you'll have a sleek music system that's ideal for a smaller space like a bedroom or office. The built-in CD player handles regular CDs, plus your home-burned MP3 and WMA compilations. And an AM/FM tuner gives you 60 presets for your favorite radio stations. The C715 also includes a minijack auxiliary input for connecting another device, such as a satellite radio tuner. Three stereo audio inputs on the rear panel make it easy to hook up a tape deck, DVD player, or game system.
Plug a thumb drive or portable MP3 player into the front-panel USB port to enjoy your digital music library. The capable C715 can actually record to a USB drive, too. It can convert the music from a CD or any connected source to an MP3 or WMA file and save it to a thumb drive, so you can take it with you or transfer it to your computer later on.
- 25 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (1 kHz) at 0.15% THD
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 & WMA CDs
- CD repeat mode (one track, all tracks, repeat A-B)
- 30 AM/30 FM presets
- remote control
- USB port for music playback and recording with a thumb drive or portable player
- 3 stereo audio inputs
- front-panel minijack input
- line-level subwoofer output
- optical digital audio output
- tape monitor loop
- bass and treble controls
- mini headphone jack
- 1 pair binding post speaker connectors
- alarm/timer function with 24-hour clock
- 8-7/16"W x 4-5/8"H x 14-3/8"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
NAD C715 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Our household has been lacking a good music solution in the living room for a long
time, 3 years in fact. My wife and I have both wanted radio and CD player , but I also
wanted iPod input, mp3 capability, etc. I've owned several Yamaha receivers over the
years, and have a pair of Klipsch 4.1 speakers, but didn't want a big cumbersome setup
and have to buy a separate CD player.
I liked the look of many petite bookshelf systems in retail stores, but didn't want the
crappy sound with no option to use the Klipsch. Also, we don't keep the TV in the LR, so
Sorround, THX, DTS, HDMI inputs and so on were not needed. This year I finally went
looking for the ideal solution, and this is it.
We are loving it. And it's small, small, small. I love the form factor, the simplicity. Thumb
drive in the front is the coolest. No more burning discs. Also love the ability to record to
digital file on the thumb drive from any input source, including the radio.
It's sounds great at all volumes. Probably not as powerful as most audiophiles would
prefer. But we're enjoying it very much. Keep in mind, my family had a Bose shelf system
going back to the year they came out (early 90s?), and I also selected a Boston
Acoustics shelf system for my mom recently. They are both nice, but not what I wanted.
This is much better. You can spread the sound with floor standing speakers and not
have that kind of synthetic bass from a small port.
What's in the box?
- Stereo receiver/CD player
- SR 7 wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Italian/ German/ Dutch/ Swedish/ Russian)
- Warranty information
Features and Specs
Tuner: The AM/FM tuner can store up to 30 FM and 30 AM presets. The tuner also features RDS (Radio Data System); a service used by some radio stations to transmit data other than the audio signal (program type, text information, traffic announcements, etc).
Timer: A clock is built into the C 715 and it offers several timer functions. The on/off timer can be set to occur once or daily and play any source (although it won't turn on or start an external source). The timer can also record (once or daily) to a connected USB device. The sleep timer automatically turns the unit off after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, or 90 minutes.
Front Panel Inputs:
- MP: 3.5mm mini-jack input labeled MP (Media Player)
- USB: female Type-A USB port; play MP3 or WMA files from a flash drive or HDD (formatted as FAT 16 or FAT 32)
USB Recording: Any source playing on the C 715 can also be recorded onto the connected USB device; record as MP3 (64, 96, 128, or 196 kbps) or WMA (64, 96, or 128 kbps).
Disc Compatibility: The NAD C 715 can play CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs.
MP3/WMA Playback: The C 715 supports playback of MP3 and WMA files that have been recorded onto CD-R or CD-RW discs, or stored on a USB device.
Programming: When playing a CD or USB drive, up to 30 tracks (files) can be programmed to play in any order.
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire up to 12 gauge (NAD recommends 16 gauge minimum)
- Inputs: stereo RCA input jacks for Aux, Video, and Tape
- Record Outputs: stereo RCA output jacks for Video and Tape
- Subwoofer Out: single RCA preamp output
- Digital Out: optical digital output; outputs CD signal only
- Antenna Input:
- FM: threaded F-connector
- AM: spring terminals
- Headphone: 1/8" headphone mini-jack
- MP: 3.5mm mini-jack Media Player input
- USB: female Type-A port
- Continuous Power: 25 watts x 2 into a 6Ω load, measured at 1 kHz, no more than 0.15% THD
- Dynamic Power: 28 watts x 2 into a 6Ω load
- Rated THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.15% (at rated power output)
- 80 dB (A-weighted, ref 1 watt)
- 95 dB (A-weighted, ref 25 watts)
- Damping factor: >102 (ref 6Ω)
- Frequency response: 10 Hz-80 kHz (+1/- 3 dB)
- Input impedance: 27 kΩ
- Input sensitivity: 370 mV
- Tone control:
- Bass: +/-10dB
- Treble: +/-10dB
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Weight: 9.92 lbs (4.5kg)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.