Our take on the Furman AC-215A
Dependable power for tight spaces
About the size of a hardback novel, the AC-215A brings reliable power protection to a wide range of applications. You can mount it behind a projector, LCD or plasma screen — or inside of a rack, on a wall or a ceiling, or just about any other location where discreet power conditioning is needed. Mounting brackets are included.
Despite its small size, the AC-215A features advanced Furman technologies that were originally developed to meet the extreme AC power demands of pro recording, film, and broadcast studios.
Continuous power monitoring and continuous protection
Power spikes and surges can definitely do a number on audio equipment — happens every day. The AC-215A can make sure it doesn't happen to you. It constantly monitors incoming AC, and if it detects a significant overvoltage condition, it automatically shuts off power to all connected equipment. In the case of a sudden voltage spike, many surge suppressors are designed to "take a bullet" and sacrifice internal parts to save your gear. It's a noble effort, but it leaves your system out of commission while you send the suppressor back to the factory for repair or replacement. With Furman's Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus system (SMP), damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated — no sacrificed parts, no service calls, and no down time.
In addition to high-voltage spikes from unforeseen events like lightning strikes, Furman's overvoltage circuitry will protect against accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
Hear the signal, not the noise
The AC-215A also features Furman's wide-bandwidth filtration, which reduces the AC line noise that can muddy your mixes, ensuring consistent peak operation regardless of load conditions or the time of day.
- 2 AC outlets
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes and keep protecting your gear
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- wide-bandwidth EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound
- zero ground contamination circuitry ensures delivery of pure AC
- maximum current rating: 10 amps
- LEDs indicate power quality and operational status of unit
- mounting brackets included
- 8-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 5"D
- weight: 3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee