Our take on the Furman AR-1215
Do yourself and your equipment a big favor
Furman's AR-1215 prevents unstable AC power from limiting the performance — and possibly the lifetime — of your audio components, computer, and other electronic gear. It also guards against harmful power spikes and surges. This model costs more than some of Furman's other conditioners due to its built-in voltage regulation. But spending a little extra now on this feature could end up saving you thousands in equipment replacement costs over the long haul.
An LED graph shows input voltage, while the 'In Regulation' status LED confirms that output voltage is within ±5V of 120 volts.
Why voltage regulation?
As heavier and heavier demands are placed on the nation's aging power grid, inconsistencies in the quantity and quality of the AC power available from the wall will only get worse. In many areas it's not that unusual to see swings of plus or minus 10 volts, and these fluctuations can cause problems for the sensitive circuitry in audio equipment, especially tube gear. An LED bar-graph on the AR-1215's front panel indicates the incoming voltage, while a separate 'In Regulation' LED confirms that the output voltage is within ±5V of 120 volts.
This conditioner was designed specifically with the unique needs of pro audio in mind — it uses different technology than typical computer-oriented voltage regulators. The AR-1215 monitors the incoming line voltage with each cycle, comparing it to an extremely precise voltage reference. It's the transformer's job to make the necessary adjustments to maintain a steady output of around 120 volts. The AR-1215's transformer uses a sophisticated 8-tap autoformer to keep voltage fluctuations in check, and it does so without distorting the AC waveform.
Full-on power protection
The AR-1215 constantly monitors incoming AC, and if it senses dangerously high or low voltages, it automatically shuts off power to all connected equipment before any damage is done. The output remains off until the overvoltage or undervoltage is removed, with an LED indicating the shutdown condition. This invaluable feature protects your equipment from accidental connection to incorrect line voltages (for example, 220V when 120V is expected — not an uncommon hazard in music venues).
The AR-1215's eight rear-panel outlets and one front-panel outlet are regulated, surge-suppressed, and filtered. The only control is the circuit breaker/on-off switch.
- 9 AC outlets 8 rear, 1 front
- rear panel has 8 outlets in four pairs
- single switched convenience AC outlet on the front panel
- voltage regulation circuitry ensures that your equipment receives a consistent, optimal amount of power (maintains output voltage of 120V ±5V when incoming voltage is between 97V and 141V)
- 8-tap toroidal autoformer for low-distortion power output
- front-panel LED bar-graph shows input voltage; "In Regulation" LED confirms that output voltage is 120V (±5V)
- Series Multi-Stage Protection surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- RFI noise filtering for clearer sound
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 8"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee