Our take on the Furman PL-8 C
Power you can trust
Two isolated outlet banks minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination. The three outlets on the left are widely spaced to accommodate wall-wart transformers.
The PL-8 C is part of Furman's Classic Series, which puts superior protection and outstanding performance in a sturdy, rack-mountable design.
You can count on Furman to maximize both the protection and the sonic performance of your system. Their exclusive technologies were originally developed to meet the extreme AC power demands of pro recording, film, and broadcast studios.
Continuous power monitoring and protection
Power spikes and surges can definitely do a number on audio equipment — happens every day. The PL-8 C can make sure it doesn't happen to you. It constantly monitors incoming AC, and if it detects a significant overvoltage condition, it automatically shuts off power to all connected equipment. In the case of a sudden voltage spike, many surge suppressors are designed to "take a bullet" and sacrifice internal parts to save your gear. It's a noble effort, but it leaves your system out of commission while you send the suppressor back to the factory for repair or replacement. With Furman's Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus system (SMP), damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated — no sacrificed parts, no service calls, and no down time.
In addition to high-voltage spikes from unforeseen events like like lightning strikes, Furman's overvoltage circuitry will protect against accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
Hear the signal, not the noise
The PL-8 C also features Furman's wide-bandwidth filtration, which reduces the AC line noise that can muddy your mixes. The eight AC outlets on the back panel are divided into two banks to minimize inter-component interference. The three outlets on the left are widely spaced to accommodate wall-wart transformers.
- 9 AC outlets 8 rear, 1 front
- one isolated bank of 5 outlets
- one isolated bank of 3 widely spaced outlets to accommodate bulky AC power transformers (wall warts)
- single switched convenience AC outlet on the front panel
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes and keep protecting your gear
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- wide-bandwidth EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound
- zero ground contamination circuitry ensures delivery of pure AC
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 2 retractable front-panel LED lamps to illuminate an equipment rack or cabinet
- BNC connector on the rear panel allows connection of any standard gooseneck lamp
- 10-foot 14-gauge heavy-duty power cable
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 10-1/2"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee