Our take on the Furman PL-PRO C
Furman puts the "pro" in protection
The eight rear-panel AC outlets can handle 20-amp or 15-amp plugs.
If you have a heavy-duty 20-amp circuit powering your audio equipment, Furman's PL-PRO C power conditioner creates a layer of protection between the AC wall socket and your gear. Its eight rear-panel AC outlets can accommodate 20-amp or standard 15-amp AC plugs.
You can count on Furman to maximize both the protection and the sonic performance of your system. Their exclusive technologies were originally developed to meet the extreme AC power demands of pro recording, film, and broadcast studios.
Continuous power monitoring and protection
The PL-PRO C constantly monitors incoming AC, and if it detects a significant overvoltage condition, it automatically shuts off power to all connected equipment. In the case of a sudden voltage spike, many surge suppressors are designed to "take a bullet" and sacrifice internal parts to save your gear. It's a noble effort, but it leaves your system out of commission while you send the suppressor back to the factory for repair or replacement. With Furman's Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus system (SMP), damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated — no sacrificed parts, no service calls, and no down time.
In addition to high-voltage spikes from unforeseen events like lightning strikes, Furman's overvoltage circuitry will protect against accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
The segmented multicolor LED display lets you easily verify that the power to your rig is in the safe operating range. The display is bright enough to easily see from across a room, even in poor lighting.
Hear the signal, not the noise
The PL-PRO C also features Furman's wide-bandwidth filtration, which reduces the AC line noise that can mask low-level and ambient details of your mixes, from natural room sounds to added effects. The eight AC outlets on the back panel are divided into two banks, to isolate your system's digital gear from analog components and amplifiers. The single switched outlet on the front works with 15-amp AC plugs only.
- 9 AC outlets 8 rear, 1 front (rear-panel outlets are compatible with 15-amp and 20-amp AC plugs):
- one isolated bank of 5 outlets
- one isolated bank of 3 widely spaced outlets to accommodate bulky AC power transformers (wall warts)
- single switched convenience AC outlet on the front panel
- 10-foot 12-gauge heavy-duty power cable with 20-amp NEMA 5-20P plug (requires a 20-amp circuit)
- 20-segment LED tri-color AC voltage meter (allows easy verification of voltage range from a distance or in poor lighting)
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes and keep protecting your gear
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- wide-bandwidth EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound
- zero ground contamination circuitry ensures delivery of pure AC
- maximum current rating: 20 amps
- BNC connector on the rear panel allows connection of any standard gooseneck lamp
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 10-1/2"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee