Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Digital music with no compromises
Do you love high-fidelity sound and the conveniences that come with today's digital music sources? Musical Fidelity knows listeners like you are out there. That's why they've created the M1 CLiC a forward-looking audio component designed to deliver the best possible sound with all your digital audio sources.
The CLiC connects to your receiver or amplifier and to your wired or Wi-Fi® home computer network. It gives you easy access to your digital library, whether you're tapping into a collection of songs stored on a hard drive or just plugging in your iPod®. Superb construction and high-quality circuitry ensure warm, natural audio reproduction, even with compressed files.
Access all your music, from one convenient place
Connect and control a wide variety of music sources. A dedicated iPod®/iPhone® connection lets you listen to music on compatible models, while a front-panel USB input gives you access to tunes on thumb drives or USB hard drives. And when you connect the CLiC to your home network, you can also access music stored on your computer. The large front-panel display and included remote allow you to select sources and navigate to the albums, artists, or genres you want to hear. Or use the built-in Internet radio interface to browse stations and save your favorites. More traditional connections, including analog audio inputs, let you hook up components like your CD player or a turntable connected to a phono preamp.
Designed for top-notch audio quality
Digital music files are undeniably convenient, but it can be disappointing when you make the transition from earbuds to your home speaker system — songs that sounded great on the treadmill may sound flat and muddy in the living room. Musical Fidelity designed the CLiC to compensate for the relative lack of detail in many digital music files. Its digital-to-analog converter (DAC) helps bring back warmth and subtle nuances, while minimizing undesirable audio artifacts. Connect digital audio gear, like your CD player, to take advantage of the CLiC's DAC. Jitter reduction circuitry re-clocks the digital audio signal to eliminate timing errors in the data transmission that cause distortion. And its high-resolution upsampling processor boasts an impressive 119dB signal-to-noise ratio for clean, accurate playback.
The CLiC also ensures minimal noise or signal degradation by providing the simplest, most direct path for each type of signal. For example, it never converts analog signals to digital, allowing analog sources to keep their original warmth and depth. And it routes signals from optical or coaxial connections directly to the DAC, bypassing the additional circuitry involved in network audio playback.
- plays music from your computer, your iPod, and Internet radio
- convenient switching for traditional digital and analog audio source components
- 3-1/2" front-panel display allows easy navigation of music collection
- 24 bit/192kHz upsampling Musical Fidelity DAC (24 bit/96kHz when music played over Wi-Fi®)
- supports playback of FLAC, WAV, WMA, MP3, AAC, and Ogg Vorbis
- compatible with iPhone® 3G and later, iPod® touch 4th Generation and later
- built-in Internet radio interface lets you browse stations and save your favorites
- DLNA-certified — plays music stored on a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- can play music stored on Macs using Twonky Media or other third party software
- remote control
- 8-11/16"W x 4"H x 12"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 1 Type A USB input for iPod or iPhone (not compatible with third-party docks)
- 1 front-panel Type A input for USB thumb drives or USB hard drives
- 1 Type B USB input for Mac or PC PC (music controlled directly from computer, rather than via CLiC interface)
- 1 optical digital input
- 2 coaxial digital inputs
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired home network
- 3 RCA stereo analog inputs
- 1 pair fixed line-level RCA outputs
- 1 pair variable line-level RCA outputs
- RS-232C port for use with home automation systems and for possible future downloads
Feast on an endless buffet of music
A network music player presents you with virtually unlimited ways to play your favorites or discover new music. Access your computer's music library, Internet radio stations, and online music services through your wireless home network.