Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Feed your V-series components clean, unrestricted power
If you own one or more Musical Fidelity V-series components, this little silver box is a must-have. The V-PSU II replaces your components' standard AC wall-wart power adapters, providing stable, ultra-low noise current. This high-performance, fully regulated power supply helps any connected V-series component to deliver optimum sound quality. You'll hear tighter, more defined bass, fuller sounding vocals with added "body" and presence, and a greater sense of sonic realism.
- high-performance power supply for Musical Fidelity V-series components
- fully regulated power for stable, ultra-low noise operation
- powers up to 3 V-series components simultaneously
- works with Musical Fidelity's original V-series and V-series II components
- 6-3/16"W x 1-5/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Musical Fidelity V-PSU II Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Musical Fidelity V-PSU II.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This unit made the already excellent V-LPS II even better. Overall, the sound seems cleaner. A very nice compliment to my choice of phone preamp. Once I decide to upgrade my Rega RP1 to the new RP6, I'm confident that I will still have made the right choice of preamp and remote power supply.
Pros: Case dimensions and desight match the V-LPS II. Power cord can be upgraded. Small footprint of both units suits my space requirements.
Cons: Kind of expensive, but if I ever decide on purchasing a DAC for my computer digital music explorations, MF has a DAC that will plug right in, given the PSU's three inputs. Only reason for the four star rating is the price.
What's in the box?
- V-PSU II Power Supply Unit
- 6' AC power cord (C7 non-polarized)
- Three 2.5' DC power cables (with 1.3mm DC plugs on each end)
Overview: The Musical Fidelity V-PSU II is a high-quality DC power supply, designed to be used with the Musical Fidelity V-series components. Up to three V-series components can be connected simultaneously. Each port outputs 12 Volts 500 mA of DC power. The V-PSU II can be used with the following Musical Fidelity components:
- V-series II:
- Original V-series:
- V-CAN headphone amplifier
- V-DAC D/A converter
- V-LINK Asynchronous USB converter
- V-LPS MM/MC phono stage
Fully Regulated: The V-PSU II is a fully regulated, ultra low noise, stable power supply. It enables any V-series component connected to it to deliver optimum sonic performance.
- Power Output: 12 Volts DC, 500 mA
- Power Requirement: 90-253 Volts AC (worldwide universal)
- Power Input: Figure-8 mains socket (also known as C7 non-polarized)
- Power Output: 1.3mm DC power socket (x 3)
- Temperature: 41° to 113° F (5° to 45° C)
- Humidity: 10% to 90% non condensing
Dimensions: 6.1875" width (9" including plugs) x 1.625" height x 3.75" depth
Weight: 1.75 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.