Our take on the Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100
Consider the Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 your all-in-one speaker system. Want to play music from your iPhone® or iPad? Stream wirelessly via AirPlay. Or maybe you prefer to use an Android smartphone or tablet? Stream wirelessly via Bluetooth.
The Minx Air 100 can tap into your Wi-Fi® network and serve as your Internet radio tuner. Or use it as a sound bar for a small TV/Blu-ray setup.
Amazing sound from any source
The Minx Air 100 features a rigid, one-piece cabinet that minimizes unwanted vibration and rattle. Two 4” Balanced Mode Radiator full-range speakers disperse the audio across a wide soundstage. And to fill the room, just crank it up. Those speakers are driven by a 100-watt amplifier.
An advanced 24-bit digital signal processor (DSP) ensures the incoming audio stream is decoded as accurately as possible, retaining all the detail of the source material. Bottom line: you'll enjoy a rich, detailed, and spacious sound from all your music sources.
The system features aptX® audio coding, an advanced type of Bluetooth wireless streaming that retains virtually all the detail of the audio signal it carries. It also is compatible with AAC Bluetooth, which enhances the quality of transmission from compatible devices such as Apple portables, iTunes®, Nintendo DSi, BlackBerry phones, and more.
And if your Bluetooth device doesn't have aptX or use AAC Bluetooth, don't worry. Yhe Minx 100 is also backwards-compatible with earlier forms of Bluetooth. So you can wirelessly stream your music from almost any portable device and still enjoy great sound.
The convenience of Apple AirPlay
Apple AirPlay technology lets you wirelessly connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes® to the Minx Air 100 via your Wi-Fi® network. Stream audio from your Apple portable directly to the system. Or stream music from the iTunes library on your laptop or desktop computer and use your Apple portable as a remote to make selections, as well as adjust volume. (Requires Apple's free Remote app.)
Wired playback options
Use the stereo minijack auxiliary input to connect other non-Bluetooth portables to the Minx Air 100. And with the RCA stereo inputs, you can connect a small TV or a Blu-ray player and create a mini home theater system for den or bedroom. The Minx Air 100 also has an Ethernet port so you can hardwire it to your home network and explore the world of Internet radio. And you can use the system's remote in place of your portable to control the Minx Air 100.
See more info on this item
- portable wireless speaker system with Apple AirPlay and Bluetooth
- built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay streaming from iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, or iPod touch
- Internet radio tuner to access over 10,000 online radio stations
- Bluetooth with aptX audio coding for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
- AAC Bluetooth for enhanced quality transmission from compatible portables
- two 4" full-range drivers with passive bass port
- system power: 100 watts
- built-in 24-bit digital signal processor (DSP) helps produce full, rich sound
- Minx Air App available from iTunes® Store and Google Play
- access radio presets
- volume control
- bass and EQ control
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- RCA stereo input for TV or Blu-ray player
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a PC network
- rigid, acoustically optimized cabinet minimizes unwanted vibration
- integrated carry handle
- remote control
- AC power adapter
- 13-15/16"W x 7-1/16"H x 4-5/15/16"D
- weight: 9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee