Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The little speakers that could
Experience surprising sonic power and refinement from incredibly small speakers. The Minx S212-V2 system was designed for hi-fi sound on a low-fi budget, featuring two tiny satellite speakers that measure just 3" cubed and a matching subwoofer that's only 9" per side. Yet the accuracy, detail, and realism of this little system has to be heard to be believed. Whether you're looking to maximize your music or movie experience or add depth to your favorite TV shows and sports, the Minx S212 is waiting to show you what you've been missing.
Engineered with passion
The two Minx Min 11 satellite speakers included with this system were carefully designed and tested at Cambridge Audio's London facility by a team fueled with a passion for incredible sound. Based on the highly regarded original Minx Min 10, Cambridge engineers built the Min 11 to deliver even more refined sound, including greater bass extension for better sonic matching with the system's powered sub. These little mighty mites rewrite the rulebook of what's possible from miniature speakers thanks to BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) technology. BMR drivers use a flat speaker surface that combines the traditional "pistonic" movement of speaker cones with a "bending-wave" movement to create sound. It's what allows the Minx Min 11s to produce a much wider frequency response than comparably sized speakers. You'll also experience a much broader sound dispersion across your entire room, for the most enveloping sound imaginable. Plus, the compact, acoustically damped cabinets offer extreme rigidity, so you hear pure, clean sound no matter how intense your music or movies get.
Awesome bass from a hideaway sub
The matching Minx X200 subwoofer uses a 6-1/2" forward firing driver made of a single piece of super strong, aerospace-grade aluminum for amazing punch and attack. It's paired with dual passive radiators that add some serious mid-bass boost. Cambridge Audio's software engineers specially designed the sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) in this sub, allowing it to pump out sensational bass from such a compact enclosure. You may even be fooled into thinking the X200 is several times its size.
Speakers that fit your lifestyle
Naturally, you want your speakers to fit into your home, rather than designing your living space around your system. That's why the compact Minx Min 11 satellites can be mounted to your wall, placed on stands, or positioned on a tabletop using optional hardware. You can mix and match between other Minx speakers by combining this three-piece system with additional Minx Min 11 satellites or the larger Minx Min 21 models to create a 3.1-, 5.1-, or even a 7.1-channel system.
- includes two Minx Min 11 satellite speakers and a Minx X200 subwoofer
- system frequency response 39-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity 86 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- scratch-resistant high-gloss lacquer finish
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 3 years subwoofer amp and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Minx Min 11 satellite speakers:
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- Balanced Mode Radiator driver technology creates a wide soundstage
- 2-1/4" BMR woofer (each)
- ultra-compact push-pull neodymium magnets
- acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet
- binding post terminals
- included keyhole slot wall-mounting bracket
- screw hole for use with optional pivoting wall-mounting bracket, floor stand, or tabletop stand
- weight: 0.95 lbs.
- 3-1/16"W x 3-1/16"H x 3-3/4"D
Minx X200 subwoofer:
- 200-watt RMS amplifier
- 6-1/2" front-firing woofer and dual 6-1/2" passive radiators
- single-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum cones move air with incredible efficiency
- continuously variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- specially designed DSP (digital signal processor) for big bass from a small enclosure
- adjustable phase control
- line-level/subwoofer inputs and outputs
- auto on/off mode
- weight: 11 lbs.
- 8-5/16"W x 8-9/16"H x 10-7/8"D
Why choose bookshelf speakers?
Bookshelf speakers may be small in size, but they can deliver surprisingly big sound. Some ultra-compact models even fit on a desktop. Most are right at home in tight spaces like shelves, so they're usually good choices for your home theater's rear channels. For the best performance, try placing bookshelf speakers on solid speaker stands to help the sound really "open up." If you want full bass impact, add a powered subwoofer and enjoy punchy sound that's as deeply satisfying as that of floor-standing speakers.
Cambridge Audio S212-V2 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Cambridge audio v2
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought because it looks good. The sound amazes me. it is crisped and clean. It iis best for small place. It you like great sound ,I don't mean noises, you'll love it.
Pros: Great sound, compact
Cons: One con the power plug seems it was not made for it
Cambridge Audio S212-V2
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
If you want near audiophille quality sound in a room with space limitations, this system is for you. I've got the system set up for 2.1 sound in a room best described as a sound engineer's nightmare. Still, the system really performs. I highly recommend as a solution that does not compromise sound quality given its size.
Pros: This system can go just about anywhere and give really great sound.
Cons: If you want a more "full" sound, then you will need more than this system has to offer. And you will need a system that's larger for a room that's larger ....
Great Spraker System
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I'm very pleased with these speakers! Wanted small subwoofer speaker system to replace a Bose 123 system. I believe the sound is brighter than the Bose system, with good base sound qualities. A great system for a small apartment. Paired with the Onyoko TX-8050 Stereo Receiver it can meet the needs for most music listeners on a budget!
Pros: Size, and sound!
This system puts out big sound
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I already had 3 Min11 speakers from Crutchfield an wanted 2 more and the 200X subwoofer, so I ordered the 2 speakers and subwoofer as a set. The sound is fantastic and the sub does very well. I am very pleased with this system. Thanks Crutchfield.
Pros: Shipping was fast, sound is fantastic, the system disapears into the room. Thanks Crutchfield and Cambridge Audio.
What's in the box?
- High-gloss white powered subwoofer (X200)
- Silver subwoofer grille (installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 High-gloss white satellite speakers (MIN11)
- 2 silver speaker grilles (installed)
- Two 6mm machine screw (installed)
- 2 Key-hole slot adapters
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Satellite Speaker Installation Guide
- Powered Subwoofer Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|Midrange Size (inches)||2.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Frequency Response||39-20k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||31-36|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs spkr/3 Yrs amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs spkr/3 Yrs amp|
Minx Satellite Speakers: The Cambridge Audio Minx S212 speaker system includes two matching Cambridge Audio Minx MIN11 satellite speakers.
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) Technology: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN11 satellite speakers feature a single 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) driver. The Cambridge Audio BMR drivers utilize patented "bending wave" principles normally seen in advanced flat-panel speakers, combined with piston-movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. This type of design provides the Minx satellite speakers with a much wider frequency response and deeper and more powerful bass frequencies, plus incredibly spacious sound. The BMR driver design also adds value by delivering a much broader sound dispersion across the entire room, avoiding the typical "sweet spot" pitfall, for a more enveloping sound. The 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) drivers employ a rubber surround for added durability and excursion. The BMR drivers also utilize ultra-compact push-pull neodymium magnets for greater efficiency.
Compact Acoustic Suspension Enclosure: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN11 satellite speaker is only 3.0625" (w) x 3.0625" (h) x 3.75" (d). The Minx MIN11 features an acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet for greater detail and tonal accuracy. The satellite speaker employs an acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet to prevent distortion caused by resonance and vibration. The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN11 includes a detachable cloth grille. The Minx MIN11 cabinets are available in a high-gloss black (with black cloth grille) or high-gloss white finish (with silver cloth grille). The black and white high-gloss lacquers are finished to the highest standard using paint application techniques developed by premium automotive manufactures. The black and white lacquer finishes are hard to scratch and easy to clean.
Binding Posts: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN11 satellite speaker is equipped with a pair of binding post terminals. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire, pin-connectors, and spade-connectors. The terminals are color-coded (black/red) to distinguish between positive and negative. The satellite speaker's binding post terminals can be removed to allow use of banana plugs (single only). The binding post terminals simply pull out of the back of the speaker, which allows access to banana connector inputs.
Mounting Options: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN11 satellite speakers can be table-top mounted, wall mounted, or placed on a floor-standing speaker stand.
- Table-Top Mount: The Minx MIN11 satellite speakers come with four self-adhesive rubber feet (each) to simply place the speakers securely on a table or shelf. There is also an optional Minx Table-Top Stand (779MTSA, sold separately) available, which allows placement on a desk, table, or shelf.
- Wall Mount: The Minx MIN11s features a rear-mounted 6mm threaded insert which allows you to wall-mount the speakers using the included keyhole-slot adapter, the Cambridge Audio Minx Wall Bracket (779MPWM, sold separately), or other optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
- Speaker Stand: The 6mm threaded inserts on the back of the satellite speakers can be used to attach the speakers to the Cambridge Audio Minx Floor Stands (779MFSB, sold separately).
Frequency Response: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN11 satellite speaker features a 120Hz to 20,000Hz frequency range.
Power Handling: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN11 satellite speaker can handle 15 to 50 watts (RMS).
Minx X200 Powered Subwoofer: The Cambridge Audio Minx S212 speaker system includes the Cambridge Audio Minx X200 powered subwoofer.
Digital Signal Processor (DSP): The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer features built-in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) which allows for smaller cabinet construction without sacrificing bass response.
200W Amplifier: The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer is equipped with a 200 watt (RMS) digital amplifier for increased efficiency and reliability.
6.5" Woofer: The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer uses a one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum, front-firing 6.5" cone woofer to move air with incredible efficiency.
Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR): The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer utilizes two side-firing 6.5" auxiliary bass radiators (ABR) for greater bass response and better efficiency. The ABR design replaces the need for bass ports to eliminate air noise at higher volume levels.
Frequency Response: The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer has a rated frequency response of 39-200 Hz.
Controls: The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer is equipped with the following rear-panel controls.
- Volume Control: The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer has a rear-panel rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Crossover Frequency: The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer offers a continuously variable low-pass filter, adjustable from 50-200 Hz.
- Phase Adjustment: The subwoofer's phase adjustment allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase between 0° to 180°. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass performance.
- Auto On/Off: The X200's Auto On/Off feature will switch the powered subwoofer On and Off automatically by signal detection.
Connections: The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer is equipped with the following rear-panel connections.
- RCA Input: The powered subwoofer has gold plated left & right RCA line-level inputs for use with receivers having a subwoofer or stereo preamp output that do not contain their own low-pass crossover. The left channel RCA input doubles as the LFE input, if your receiver has an LFE output and a built-in low-pass crossover.
- RCA Output: The powered subwoofer's gold-plated left & right RCA line-level outputs allow you to connect (daisy-chain) a second powered subwoofer.
- Wireless Port: This proprietary 5-pin port is designed to connect the Cambridge Audio Wireless Module (not yet available).
High-Gloss Finish: The Cambridge Audio X200 powered subwoofer is available in a high-gloss black (with black cloth grille) or high-gloss white finish (with silver cloth grille). The black and white high-gloss lacquers are finished to the highest standard using paint application techniques developed by premium automotive manufactures. The black and white lacquer finishes are hard to scratch and easy to clean.