Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Big movie theater sound from contemporary, compact speakers
Cambridge Audio's S525 system turns any song, movie, video game, or TV show into a truly epic, room-filling experience. Eyes closed, it's hard to imagine speakers this small can offer such potency. You'll be blown away by the accuracy, detail, and realism from the five tiny satellite speakers that measure less than 6" high and 3" deep. The matching 500-watt subwoofer delivers audiophile-quality bass, so you can experience the visceral impact of big bass drums and baritone saxophones as if the instruments are being played right in front of you. So whether you're looking to maximize your music or movie experience, or add depth to your favorite TV shows and sports, the Minx S525 is ready to fill in the excitement that you've been missing.
Ultra-compact satellite speakers engineered with passion
The five Minx Min 20 satellite speakers included with this system were carefully designed and tested at Cambridge Audio's London facility by a team fueled with a passion for incredible sound. They completely rewrite the rulebook of what's possible from miniature speakers thanks to BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) technology. BMR drivers use a flat speaker surface that combines the traditional "pistonic" movement of speaker cones with a "bending-wave" movement to create sound. It's what allows the Minx Min 20s to produce a much wider frequency response than comparably sized speakers. You'll also experience a much broader sound dispersion across your entire room, for the most enveloping sound imaginable. Plus, the compact, acoustically damped cabinets offer extreme rigidity, so you hear pure, clean sound no matter how intense your movies get.
A true ace of bass
The matching Minx X500 subwoofer uses a 10" forward-firing driver made of a single piece of super strong, aerospace-grade aluminum for amazing punch and attack. It's paired with a passive radiator that adds some serious mid-bass boost. Cambridge Audio's software engineers specially designed the sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) in this sub, allowing it to pump out sensational bass from such a compact enclosure. You may even be fooled into thinking the X500 is several times its size.
Speakers that fit your lifestyle
Quite naturally, you want your speakers to fit into your home, rather than designing your living space around your system. That's why the compact Minx Min 20 satellites can be mounted to your wall, placed on stands, or positioned on a tabletop using optional hardware. You can mix and match by adding additional Minx Min 20 or smaller Minx Min 10 speakers to create an even more engaging 7.1-channel system.
- includes five Minx Min 20 satellite speakers and a Minx X500 subwoofer
- system frequency response 23-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity 87 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- scratch-resistant high-gloss lacquer finish
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 3 years subwoofer amp and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Minx Min 20 satellite speakers:
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- Balanced Mode Radiator driver technology creates a wide soundstage
- dual 2-1/4" BMR full-range drivers (each)
- ultra-compact push-pull Neodymium magnets
- acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet
- binding post terminals
- screw holes for use with optional wall-mounting bracket, floor stand, or tabletop stand
- 3-1/8"W x 6-1/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 1.65 lbs.
Minx X500 subwoofer:
- 500-watt RMS amplifier
- 10" front-firing woofer and a 10" passive radiator
- single-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum cones move air with incredible efficiency
- continuously variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- specially designed DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for big bass from a small enclosure
- adjustable phase control
- line-level/subwoofer inputs and outputs
- auto on/off mode
- 12-9/16"W x 14-3/8"H x 15-1/2"D
- weight: 25.8 lbs.
Why choose a pre-matched speaker system?
Looking for speakers that'll deliver thrilling, edge-of-your-seat surround sound? Choosing a pre-matched speaker system is one way to ensure seamless home theater performance. These systems are made up of speakers that share the same tonal characteristics that means the sound will stay consistent as it moves from speaker to speaker around your room. Most pre-matched systems come with a subwoofer a must-have for high-impact bass.
Cambridge Audio Minx S525 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Bang for the BUCK!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
If you are looking for a compact system that has some power behind it, then look no further. I was skeptical at first, I wanted something compact but yet it would let you know its there. I have the Denon 3310 CI receiver it all goes together very well. I used monster cable banana clips set up was a breeze and then tuning the surround with audessy mic brought the system to life. Read some reviews stating these speakers sound better after approx. 40 hours of play time, they seem to do pretty good right out if the box.Highly recommend Cambridge audio to anyone that is wanting a discrete look with a lot of quality sound. I kinda wish I was able to hear them prior to buying...... I may have bought a smaller system? Blows BOSE away!!!
Pros: compact, easy to set up, powerful, deep bass, clean highs and really good looking high end materials!!
Cons: Wish they offered a wireless set up for the sub.
What's in the box?
- High-gloss white powered subwoofer (X500)
- Silver subwoofer grille (installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- 5 High-gloss whilte satellite speakers (MIN20)
- 5 Silver speaker grilles (installed)
- Center channel grille (silver)
- Five 6mm machine screw (installed)
- 5 Key-hole slot adapter
- 20 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Satellite Speaker Installation Guide
- Powered Subwoofer Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||2-1/4|
|Woofer size (inches)||10|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||25-200|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||500|
|Main Speakers (inches)||6-1/8H x 3-1/8W x 3-3/4D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||6-1/8H x 3-1/8W x 3-3/4D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||6-1/8H x 3-1/8W x 3-3/4D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||14-3/8H x 12-9/16W x 15-1/2D|
Overview: The Cambridge Audio Minx S525 is a 5.1ch speaker system which includes five matching Cambridge Audio Minx MIN20 satellite speakers and the Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer. The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN20 satellite speakers provide accuracy, detail, and realism from compact speakers which only measure 3.125" (w) x 6.125" (h). Their wide dispersion capabilities make it easy to integrate them into any room. The Minx satellite speakers offer table-top, speaker-stand, or wall-mounting solutions. The mated Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer provides deep, accurate bass from its 10" woofer, 10" passive-radiator, and 500 watt (RMS) digital amplifier.
High-Gloss Finish: The Cambridge Audio Minx S525 speaker system is available in a high-gloss black (with black cloth grille) or high-gloss white finish (with silver cloth grille). The black and white high-gloss lacquers are finished to the highest standard using paint application techniques developed by premium automotive manufactures. The black and white lacquer finishes are hard to scratch and easy to clean.
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) Technology: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN20 satellite speakers feature dual 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) drivers. The Cambridge Audio BMR drivers utilize patented 'bending wave' principles normally seen in advanced flat-panel speakers, combined with piston-movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. This type of design provides the Minx satellite speakers with a much wider frequency response and deeper and more powerful bass frequencies, plus incredibly spacious sound. The BMR driver design also adds value by delivering a much broader sound dispersion across the entire room, avoiding the typical 'sweet spot' pitfall, for a more enveloping sound.
Rubber Surround: The dual 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) drivers employ a rubber surround for added durability and excursion.
Neodymium Magnets: The BMR drivers utilize ultra-compact push-pull neodymium magnets for greater efficiency.
Frequency Response: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN20 satellite speakers feature a 130Hz to 20,000Hz frequency range.
Power Handling: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN20 satellite speakers can handle 15 to 75 watts (RMS), each.
Acoustically Damped Cabinet: The Minx MIN20 satellite speakers employ an acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet to prevent distortion caused by resonance and vibration. The enclosure is sealed for greater detail and accuracy. The acoustic suspension enclosure measures only 3.125" square. Each speaker features a detachable cloth grille.
Binding Posts: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN20 satellite speakers are equipped with a pair of binding post terminals. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire, pin-connectors, and spade-connectors. The terminals are color-coded (black/red) to distinguish between positive and negative.
Note: The binding post terminals can be removed to allow use of banana plugs (single only). The binding post terminals simply pull out of the back of each speaker, which allows access to banana connector inputs.
Mounting Options: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN20 satellite speakers can be table-top mounted, wall mounted, or placed on a floor-standing speaker stand.
- Table-Top Mount: The Minx MIN20 satellite speakers come with four self-adhesive rubber feet (each) to simply place the speakers securely on a table or shelf. There is also an optional Minx Table-Top Stand (779MTSA, sold separately) available, which allows placement on a desk, table, or shelf.
- Wall Mount: The Minx MIN20s features a rear-mounted 6mm threaded insert which allows you to wall-mount the speakers using the included keyhole-slot adapter, the Cambridge Audio Minx Wall Bracket (779MPWM, sold separately), or other optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
- Speaker Stand: The 6mm threaded inserts on the back of the satellite speakers can be used to attach the speakers to the Cambridge Audio Minx Floor Stands (779MFSW, sold separately).
Digital Signal Processor (DSP): The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer features built-in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) which allows for smaller cabinet construction without sacrificing bass response.
500W Amplifier: The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer is equipped with a 300 watt (RMS) digital amplifier for increased efficiency and reliability.
10" Woofer: The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer uses a one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum, front-firing 10" cone woofer to move air with incredible efficiency.
Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR): The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer utilizes a down-firing 10" auxiliary bass radiator (ABR) for greater bass response and better efficiency. The ABR design replaces the need for bass ports to eliminate air noise at higher volume levels.
Frequency Response: The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer has a rated frequency response of 39-200 Hz.
Controls: The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer is equipped with the following rear-panel controls.
- Volume Control: The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer has a rear-panel rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Crossover Frequency: The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer offers a continuously variable low-pass filter, adjustable from 50-200 Hz.
- Phase Adjustment: The subwoofer's phase adjustment allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase between 0° to 180°. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass performance.
- Auto On/Off: The X500's Auto On/Off feature will switch the powered subwoofer On and Off automatically by signal detection.
Connections: The Cambridge Audio X500 powered subwoofer is equipped with the following rear-panel connections.
- RCA Input: The powered subwoofer has gold plated left & right RCA line-level inputs for use with receivers having a subwoofer or stereo preamp output that do not contain their own low-pass crossover. The left channel RCA input doubles as the LFE input, if your receiver has an LFE output and a built-in low-pass crossover.
- RCA Output: The powered subwoofer's gold-plated left & right RCA line-level outputs allow you to connect (daisy-chain) a second powered subwoofer.
- Wireless Port: This proprietary 5-pin port is designed to connect the Cambridge Audio Wireless Module (not yet available).