Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
See everything about your vehicle's travel history on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Locate the cars — or the drivers — you love
Whether you're concerned about your company car or your newly licensed teen driver, the PocketFinder Vehicle GPS Locator will give you peace of mind. Hard-wire this compact device to your vehicle, and you'll instantly be able to monitor its location, speed, and 60-day history.
Real-time vehicle tracking
This tracking device utilizes the latest technology to provide the location, direction, speed, and history of your vehicle. The interface makes it easy to set geo-fence zones and speed limits, so you'll always know where your vehicle is going and how fast it's getting there. The locator will send email or text alerts to your smartphone, tablet, or computer so you'll instantly be aware of boundary exits or speed limit violations.
Get instant updates — anywhere
You can track your devices and manage your account through the PocketFinder website or the free mobile app. The web and app interfaces make it easy to monitor multiple vehicles on one account. A monthly subscription fee of $12.95 is needed to access PocketFinder features in the U.S. and Canada. You'll need to set up an account online, but no contracts are required.
- vehicle GPS tracking device
- 31" power cord, ring terminals, and mounting gear
- device must be hard-wired to your car battery or fuse box
- get updates through smartphone or tablet apps, text messages, email, or through the website
- establish geo-fence zones and speed limit alerts
- track vehicle location for up to 60 days
- monthly plan includes unlimited lookups, email alerts, text alerts, iOS push notifications, and emergency information
- $12.95 monthly subscription fee no contract required
- dimensions: 2-7/8"W x 1-1/8"H x 3-5/16"D
- weight: 5.9 oz.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
PocketFinder GPS Vehicle Locator Reviews
What's in the box?
- GPS Vehicle Location device with attached 31" power cord
- 2 Ring terminals
- Self-adhesive Velcro pad (2.5" x 2")
- 8" Plastic zip tie
- Quick Start Guide
Overview: The Pocketfinder GPS Vehicle Locator, from Location Based Technology (LBT), is a GPS tracking device that provides the location, direction, speed, and history of your vehicle. It lets you know where your vehicle is at all times, and helps you to quickly recover it if it is stolen. This versatile device can be used with cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, personal watercraft, and quads.
Installation: The device installs in minutes by mounting the unit to the car and connecting one power and one ground wire. Typical locations include under the dash close to the windshield, in the engine compartment, and in the back of the car near the rear window. The PocketFinder is IP67 waterproof. A Velcro pad, zip tie, and ring terminals are included to help you with installation.
How It Works: The GPS Vehicle Locator utilizes the latest in Assisted GPS (A-GPS) technology. Motion sensors are used to provide location updates every 1, 3, or 5 minutes (you select the interval), and is accurate to within 10 feet. The device is powered by the vehicle's battery, and reduces the power draw to only 4 milliamps to protect the battery when not moving. The device has a backup battery to provide power when the car is not running, with a typical battery life of 2-3 days. The location, heading, and speed data can be pinpointed on Google Premier mapping, available on the Pocketfinder website, or on the free PocketFinder 2 app for iOS (iOS 4, 5, or 6) and Android (2.3.3 and up) devices.
Advanced Features: The Pocketfinder Vehicle Tracker has the following features:
- Geo-Fence: You can set up an unlimited number of geo-fences or zones around a home, office, neighborhood, city, or state. You will receive alerts when the vehicle enters the zone, exits the zone, or both.
- Speed Limits: You can set a speed limit for the vehicle. If the vehicle exceeds the set speed limit, you will receive an alert.
- Alerts: Alerts can be received via email, SMS (text message), or push notifications.
- History: You can view up to 60 days of detailed location history, including daily activity, or each hour the device is active.
Your Account: A contract-free subscription is required (currently $12.95 per month) for each device. The plan includes unlimited location lookups and emergency contacts, as well as email alerts, SMS (text message) alerts, iOS push notifications, access to the vehicle's 60-day history, unlimited zones and speed alerts, and storage for medical and emergency information and photos. Limited accounts can be set up which allow the user to check the location of the device, but without access to your account information. The subscription covers the United States and Canada. International coverage is also available. Multiple devices can be managed in one account using the website or mobile apps.