Our take on the Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Power Pack
Portable power that does more
The Sherpa 50 can power smartphones, tablets, and even many laptops.
The ultra-portable Sherpa 50 recharger can power more types of devices, and for longer periods, than Goal Zero's more basic chargers. You can keep smartphones, tablets and even many laptops powered up when there isn't an AC plug in sight. The lightweight Sherpa 50 is easy to pack and carry, and can quickly be recharged from wall, car or sun.
What makes the Sherpa 50 so versatile is its substantial power storage capacity, and its ability to provide regulated power. Electronic devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops are becoming increasingly finicky when it comes to charging. If they don't get just the right amount and consistency of power, they often won't take a charge — especially laptops. The Sherpa 50's USB and laptop ports supply regulated power to keep your gear happy.
The Sherpa 50 can keep several USB and 12-volt devices powered up when you're away from home. And when you are at home, it has enough juice to function as a limited source of emergency power during a blackout.
Three ways to charge the Sherpa 50
There are three ways to keep the Sherpa 50 charged up and ready to go. If you don't have access to a conventional source of power, you can connect the Sherpa 50 to Goal Zero's Nomad 13 solar panel (a full recharge takes about 5 hours). Or, you can plug the Sherpa 50 into your car's 12-volt accessory port, or into an AC wall outlet — both of those options require about 3 hours to recharge.
If you plan to go solar and use the Sherpa 50 with the Nomad 13, consider the Sherpa 50 Solar Recharging Kit, which includes both products, as well as an AC inverter that attaches to the Sherpa and provides a standard 3-prong connector for powering AC devices.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
See more info on this item
- compact, lightweight rechargeable battery pack for charging laptops, tablets, lights, and small USB-powered devices
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- can be charged from wall AC (3 hours), or a Goal Zero solar panel
- lithium-ion battery
- battery capacity 56Wh
- built-in low-battery and overcharging protection
- inputs and outputs:
- USB port for charging portable devices (5V, up to 1.5A, 7W max, regulated)
- 7.4mm laptop port (19V, up to 5A, 75W max, regulated)
- 6mm Goal Zero charging port (12V, up to 11A, 80W max)
- 8mm input charging port for charging the Sherpa 50 (14-29V, up to 5A, 60W max)
- built-in LED flashlight runs for 150+ hours per charge
- 4-1/2"W x 1-5/8"H x 5-1/4"D
- weight: 1.2 lbs.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee